The first thing that comes to mind when you think of halal French pastries is definitely croissants, and we’re lucky to taste them right here on our little island without having to travel to France! We gather up some of the best croissants, both the savoury and sweet kinds, from 18 places in Singapore, perfect for anytime you’re looking to indulge in these flaky, golden-coloured, crescent-shaped delights 😍P.S. One of these places have a special promotion going on today, and it’s too good to be missed, so read all the way until the end to find out more! 🤔Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://bit.ly/3LnFN1F
Halal Croissants In Singapore
1. Mother DoughCredit: @hungrydarren for InstagramIf you're a fan of yummy and flaky pastry, Mother Dough Bakery will surely be a familiar name to you. Known for their artisanal bakes such as croissants, sourdough, baguettes and more, they definitely serve some of the best pastries in town! Prior to setting up Mother Dough bakery here in Singapore, its baker, Naadhira spent 4 years in New York perfecting the art of bread-making. Some of the must-try delights here include their signature Almond Croissant and Chocolate Almond Croissant! They’re really popular, so we suggest pre-ordering to avoid disappointment! 😱Halal status: Muslim-ownedAddress: 3 Jln Kledek, Singapore 199259Pre-order viaThis linkInstagram
2. The French-American BakeryCredit: The French-American BakeryTrue to its name, The French-American Bakery sells a mix of French and American pastries. When you step into the bakery, it'll feel like you've stepped into pastry heaven as you're greeted with a wide range of croissants, tarts, cakes, cookies and more. A popular choice among patrons of the stall is the pain au chocolat. The crispy croissant reveals a generous amount of gooey chocolate oozing out. Doesn’t that sound so heavenly? 🤤Halal status: Muslim-ownedAddress: 49, Haji LaneFacebook | Instagram
3. Maison SucreeCredit: @im_feliciaa for InstagramMaison Sucree’s croissants are as light as air, but decadent in every bite. It has received rave reviews from customers as it's buttery and soft on the inside and flaky on the outside - just what you'd expect from a good croissant! Take your pick of Almond, Butter and Chocolate Croissant as well as a seasonal croissant (like Rocher Nutella 😍).#HHWT Tip: Their croissants and cinnamon rolls sell out really early, so make sure you visit before noon if possible.Halal status: Muslim-owned
Addresses: 63B Lengkok Bahru,# 01-362298 Balestier Road S329736Facebook | InstagramP.S. You can never get enough of pastries when you have 24 of the best halal bakeries in Singapore!
4. KonditoriCredit: @carbzwithabz for InstagramKonditori has some of the most unique and out-of-the-world croissant flavours we’ve seen! From classics such as almond, to a wide variety of sweet and savoury flavours such as black forest, red velvet, flaky cheese and even satay! These gorgeous, luxurious treats are baked in-house without artificial flavouring, colouring, and preservatives. They offer pastry packages perfect for your birthday celebrations or picnic plans, which is a tasty mix of all your favourite bakes from Konditori! 😋Halal status: Muslim-ownedAddress: 33 Bussorah Street, Singapore 199451Order a package via: This linkWebsite | Facebook | Instagram
5. DélifranceCredit: DélifranceWe have many halal French restaurants and cafes in Singapore, but we hold a special spot for Délifrance. It’s the first French bakery ever in Singapore, that took many of us to France in one bite of its authentic, heavenly croissants. They have recently released a new Délifrance Heritage Range, and are offering their croissants from only $2! From 30th January 2022 to 31st March 2022, the classic Butter and Pain Au Chocolat croissants cost $2, while the Matcha croissant is priced at $3.50! Head down to a Délifrance outlet near you right now! 🥳 Halal status: Halal-certified
Addresses: Click here for all outletsOpening hours: Click here for all outletsContact: +65 6874 9652Website | Facebook | Instagram
6. Wonders BakeryCredit: @bywondersbakery for InstagramWe always expect our croissants to be served warm, but Wonders Bakery serves most of their croissants cold, and we’d think that this might be our new favourite way of indulging in these heavenly pastries! Their cold Strawberry Shortcake Croissants sell like hotcakes (pun intended)! The butter croissants are filled with fresh strawberries and vanilla chantilly cream, and eating them cold makes your croissant experience a whole lot creamier and sweeter! A win for us! 🤩Halal status: Muslim-ownedAddress: 111 Arab Street, Singapore 199807Website | Facebook | Instagram
7. The Secret Garden by ZeekriCredit: @somenomz for InstagramLocated nearby Masjid Sultan, The Secret Garden by Zeekri is the place to be for a taste of amazing French-inspired cuisines and mouth watering pastries. Having lived in France for several years, owner Ms Fauziah Tranchand who is married to a Frenchman, wanted to bring a taste of authentic French cuisine and culture into the straits of Singapore.If you close your eyes as you take a bite down their delicious warm, buttery croissants, you’ll almost imagine yourself in Paris (technically if you sit near the road, it does feel like it!) 😱.Halal status: Muslim-owned
Address: 19 Baghdad St, Singapore 199658
Contact: Whatsapp +65 9189 5663Website | Facebook | InstagramP.S. Can't get enough of desserts? Here's 13 more places for you to try them all in Singapore!
8. Flavour FlingsCredit: @kohkoh.krunch_ for InstagramOne of the few halal cafes in the North-East of the country, Flavour Flings is famous for its creative spin on trendy dishes as well as its Swiss Raclette cheese. Skim through the menu and you’ll quickly realise they put all that good stuff on everything – steaks, chicken, croissants… you name it! You definitely have to try their Dirty Norwegian. Eggs Benedict and slices of smoked salmon lie above half a croissant, with cereal and salted egg sauces drizzled all over. We’re drooling right now as we’re typing this! 🤤#HHWTip: It’s best to book a reservation before heading in because this place gets crowded fast!Halal status: Halal-certified
Address: Blk 121 Hougang Ave 1 #01-1348, Singapore 530121
Reservations: HungryGoWhere or Whatsapp +65 81133441Facebook | Instagram
9. Crolo by Swee Heng Credit: @oatsoatsbaby for InstagramSwee Heng’s new venture Crolo is giving other places a run for your money, with their range of sweet and savoury unique croissants, and the trendy croffles - which is a mix of croissants and waffles. East meets West in their Milo Dinosaur croissant! It is filled with Milo powder and ganache inside, and drizzled with more chocolate ganache all over 😍 You can also try their savoury croissants such as the Yakitori Croissant that really comes with chicken on skewers 😱 Credit: @helloshaunsim for InstagramTurn up your croissant experience with croffles! Try the Japan-inspired Snow Crab Mentaiko Croffle) to fruity creations like the Peach Croffle and Mango Croffle. Whilst the croissants and croffles are freshly baked daily, Crolo offers in-store toasting if you prefer to have the baked goods ready to be eaten warm and crispy. Crolo has three outlets conveniently located near neighbourhood estates which is perfect for a quick breakfast, or just a post-school or work snack ☺️Halal status: Halal-certifiedAddresses: 930 Yishun Avenue 2 #B2-144 Northpoint City, Singapore 769098AMK Hub, # B1-18, 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, Singapore 569933Tampines MRT # 01-08Facebook | Instagram
10. Lola Faye CafeCredit: @fr.fay for InstagramGelato croissants, anyone? Trust the ice cream experts at Lola Faye Cafe to make us fall in love with croissants even more! A favourite among patrons is the Sea Cookie Croissant.It’s a super indulgent treat that may deliver you to a sugar high, so consider yourself warned. They are one of the halal dessert spots that open until late, which is perfect for you and your loved ones to go on a highly necessary midnight croissant run! 😉Halal status: Muslim-ownedAddress: 35 Hamilton Rd, Singapore 209204Facebook | Instagram
11. SwissbakeCredit: @swissbakesg for InstagramSometimes, a simple, buttery croissant will suffice, and you can definitely count on Swissbake on that! This Swiss chain bakes a fresh batch of bread and pastries everyday, which are perfect for an afternoon tea or a catch-up session with your loved ones. From classic flavours such as chocolate, to even filling croissant sandwiches, they are truly worth the price and will fill you up for the day! 🤑Halal status: Halal-certifiedAddress: Multiple outletsWebsite | Facebook | Instagram
12. Heavenly WangCredit: @am.eatss for InstagramHeavenly Wang jumped onto the trendy pastry scene last year with their dessert croissants! As part of their ‘Grab And Go’ series, which also offer savoury puffs and cookies, their dessert croissants infuse your favourite local flavours within these flaky French pastries. There are four variations for you to try: the Milo Dinosaur, Ondeh-Ondeh, Bandung and Speculoos Crumble. The Ondeh-Ondeh dessert croissant is anything but sweet despite the decadent, generous fillings of coconut and pandan, so if you keep on munching on them, it’s considered guilt-free, right? 🤭Halal status: Halal-certifiedAddresses: Only available at these outlets
Takashimaya Shopping Centre 391B Orchard Road Ngee Ann City, #B2-30
Plaza Singapura 68 Orchard Road #B2-35/36
KK Hospital 100 Bukit Timah Rd, #01-33A (Women’s Tower)
Marina Bay Financial Centre 12 Marina Boulevard, #02-01/04
Changi Airport Terminal 3 Arrival Meeting Hall North #01-25
Changi Airport Terminal 1 Departure Check In Hall West #02-03/04
Changi Airport Terminal 3A Departure/Transit lounge #02-K5
Hougang 1 Hougang Street 91, #01-22
Website | Facebook
13. The Fabulous Baker BoyCredit: @thefabulousbakerboy for InstagramHere’s another croissant fusion we can totally dig with! The Fabulous Baker Boy serves cruffins, which are croissants baked in the shape of muffins. Imagine the light flakiness texture of a croissant all puffed up in a muffin tin, with various fillings piped inside for a yummy sweet treat! Their croissants are actually made using sourdough, which gives a much stronger flavour and a denser texture. They offer four flavours for you to choose: Lemon Meringue, Chocolate Praline, Gula Melaka and Very Berry. It’s truly love at first bite! 😍Halal status: Halal-certifiedAddress: 28 Aliwal St, #01-01, Singapore 199918Contact: +65 89517716 for reservationsWebsite | Facebook | Instagram
14. Captain Roti Bakehouse
Fluffy croissants don't get any better than this! For the decadent and airy croissant, you'll have to head over to Captain Roti. You'll instantly recognise the bakes from their distinct 'stripes'. From Pistachio Croissants to Ayam Bakar and Provolone Croissants, you can choose sweet or savoury (or even both) depending on your mood!
Although Missus is known for it's warm and gooey grilled cheeses, almond croissants are the draw here if we're talking about pastries! It may be difficult to make a decision on what to order once you see what's on the menu (spoiler: the brunch menu is glorious!).
This quaint bakery is tucked further away from all the buzz and excitement but we guarantee their bakes are worthy of making that trip! Known for their sourdough bakes, Woodlandssd even has a whole rack dedicated to the hearty bread. Their plain and chocolate croissants are the only 'lighter' and 'airy' thing on the menu and its perfect to grab and go if you happen to be doing a bread run.
Named after its circular shape, these croissant moons comprise crème fillings encased in a buttery, flaky pastry, hence, born the Croffle! Their Black Sesame Croon is also a popular choice among patrons, who rave about the warm, nutty black sesame flavor 🤤 However, all good things like these comes in small portions - they only make about 30 pieces every Saturday and Sunday, so head down to get yours early!
Halal status: Halal-certified
18. BONUS: Bidadari KekCredit: @bidadarikek for InstagramRemember Omnom Bakery, the stall known for their $2 croissants? The owner, Ms Wani has partnered with two other bakers and opened a joint home-based business, Bidadari Kek, selling affordable bakes! And yes, $2 croissants included! This time around, they have introduced a new range of decadent croissants that truly will test your temptations. They’re selling a box of 6 croissants of 3 different flavours: Peanut Butter Peanut Croissant, Paddlepop Croissant and Chocolate Orange Croissant. If you order today (Feb 18th), they will be sponsoring 50% on every delivery fee! So, hurry on to their Facebook or Instagram to enquire more about the sets offered and the prices! They run out fast, so check out now to avoid disappointment! 🥺Halal status: Muslim-ownedFacebook | InstagramLet us know if we missed any and we will update accordingly! For now, keep this handy for all your superbly important halal croissant fix in Singapore 😍Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://bit.ly/3LnFN1F