As the year draws to a close, you might be wondering where are the best places to visit in Malaysia during the year-end holiday? While the monsoon season is detering us from visiting the east coast islands in Malaysia, there are many other best places to travel for a short weekend getaway. From the lush nature of Janda Baik to the scenic beaches of Batu Ferringhi, here's where you should go!
1. Janda Baik, Pahang
Escaping the hustle and bustle of the city is easy thanks to the abundance of nature retreats in Pahang, Malaysia. Known for its cool weather and relaxing vibes, we recommend heading deeper into Janda Baik where chalets and homestays are aplenty. If you're planning a nature getaway, there are many amazing riverside accommodations and resorts in Janda Baik that are perfect for your next trip. Don't forget to savour the delicious food you can from its surrounding eateries too.
- 8 Gorgeous Resorts In Janda Baik For Your Next Chilly Getaway
- 6 Riverside Accommodations In Janda Baik For A Nature Getaway
- 5 Delicious Halal Eateries In Janda Baik That Are Perfect For Your Next Getaway
2. Seremban, Negeri Sembilan
Enveloped by lush tropical rainforests and scenic rivers, planning a nature retreat in Malaysia is a must! If you wish to take a break from your work emails, there are many gorgeous nature resorts in Seremban that are perfect for any group getaways, ranging from family to girlfriends. Just find the one that lets you wake up to the sounds of chirping birds, and you're good to go!
3. Taman Negara, Pahang
Situated in Pahang, Taman Negara is the oldest national park in Malaysia and surprisingly welcomes more international tourists than locals every year! This 130-million-year-old virgin rainforest is also one of Malaysia's ecotourism gems and said to be older than the Amazon rainforest, which is 55-million-year-old.
So take the opportunity to know Taman Negara a little bit more during your year-end holiday. Besides walking on the world's longest canopy walk, you can visit the Orang Asli settlement, hike up Teresek Hill, and discover nocturnal creatures at the Jungle Night Walk. What a nature adventure it will be!
4. Sekinchan, Selangor
Planning a trip to Sekinchan comes with the promise of a laid-back holiday. It may just be a small town in Sabak Bernam, Selangor, but there are many things to do in Sekinchan for Instagrammers who love travelling off the beaten path. Aside from taking photos at the famous paddy fields, there are other amazing Instagram spots in Sekinchan to discover like the antique bus cafe and sky mirror!
5. Cameron Highlands, Pahang
If you've been cooped up at home for the longest time, a year-end holiday in Cameron Highlands is what you need. As one of the country's famous highland retreats, the cool temperature would make you put on a comfortable sweater to stay warm. Once you're feeling nice and cosy, admire the rolling valley and tea plantation while sipping a cup of Earl Grey tea.
- 10 Super Fun Things To Do In Cameron Highlands On Your Next Trip
- 7 Halal Cafes In Cameron Highlands You Should Visit For Your Weekend Getaway
- 8 Budget-Friendly Accommodations In Cameron Highlands (Under RM180!)
6. Batu Ferringhi, Penang
It's a known fact that Penang is the street food capital of Malaysia. After feasting through Penang's delicious halal street food, take a breather and relax by the scenic beach of Batu Ferringhi. Landscaped by the calming waters of Straits of Malacca, an afternoon spent in Batu Ferringhi will make you appreciate the little things in life such as burying your feet in the sand and hearing the sound of lapping waves.
- Conquer All Seven World Wonders Of Penang On Your Next Island Getaway
- 10 Muslim-Friendly Instagrammable Cafes In Penang For Your Next Weekend Getaway
- 6 Awesome Private Pool Accommodations In Penang For Your Next Road Trip
7. Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan
Planning a year-end holiday in Port Dickson is a fun way to escape the city traffic. Just an hour away from Kuala Lumpur, you can enjoy the laid-back beach and spend the night in various water chalets and private pool accommodations in Port Dickson. If you're going on a girls' trip or a family vacation, you're going to appreciate our recommended reads below that'll caters to all of your travel needs!
- 9 Water Chalets In Port Dickson For Your Next Getaway
- 8 Private Pool Accommodations In Port Dickson For Your Beach Vacay
- 8 Awesome Beachfront Resorts In Port Dickson For A Weekend Getaway
8. Ipoh, Perak
A charming city in Perak, Malaysia, there are many reasons why travellers would plan a year-end holiday to Ipoh. From delicious halal food to amazing sightseeing spots, there's never a dull day in this bustling destination. If you're going on a road trip, check out our recommended reads below for the best things to do, places to stay and delicious breakfast spots to try!
- 6 Best Things To Do In Ipoh On Your Next Road Trip
- 8 Instagram-Worthy Accommodations In Ipoh For Girls Getaways
- 8 Delicious Halal Breakfast Spots In Ipoh That’s Worth Waking Up For
Steeped in rich heritage, Melaka is filled with many historical sites and remnants of its vibrant past. Known as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it's also no surprise why Melaka's continued efforts to preserve the town means that there are many attractions to visit in this bustling city. Once you're done taking photos of the historical buildings and other Instagrammable spots, complete your year-end holiday by hanging out in various halal eateries and spending the night in an affordable boutique hotel.
- 8 Gorgeous Boutique Hotels In Melaka You Should Stay Next
- 8 Insta-Worthy Spots In Melaka (Near Muslim-Friendly Eateries!)
- 10 Halal Eateries To Visit On Your Next Road Trip To Melaka
10. Langkawi, Kedah
Duty-free chocolates may be the first thing that comes to mind when we mention Langkawi, but this popular year-end vacation in Malaysia has other gems to discover too. Known as the Jewel of Kedah, beach lovers can find serenity in Datai Bay, Tanjung Rhu and the popular Pantai Cenang. Nature seekers, on the other hand, can walk along the beach and let the waves lap gently against your feet. For a hint of adventure, make the most of your trip by taking the Langkawi Skybridge cable car, walk on the Langkawi Skybridge or try tandem skydiving for the first time.
- 8 Instagrammable Honeymoon Accommodations In Langkawi For A Romantic Escape
- 9 Private Pool Villas In Langkawi For Your Next Beach Vacay
- Best Things To Do In Langkawi 2020: 6 Attractions That Are Now Open Again (With Discounts!)
Now that you have a list of all the best places to visit in Malaysia, we hope you've found the perfect destination to spend your year-end vacation. Enjoy your holiday!