It has been quite a journey for all of us in 2020. The pandemic has left us with huge uncertainties, adjustments to the new normal, and stay-at-home routines. It may be a challenging year for everyone, but let's remember the little blessings and life lessons we experienced this year and celebrate it in good spirits.
If you're staying home and celebrating your New Year's Eve with your family, here are some fun ideas that'll keep your virtual New Year's Eve celebration a great one.
1. Get your favourite meals delivered to your doorstep
Take a break from the kitchen and get delicious meals delivered to your doorstep instead! Whether you're craving for Korean fried chicken or freshly-grilled satays, there are many halal food deliveries in Malaysia and Singapore to call up and celebrate with a feast.
- 11 Halal Korean Eateries In KL With Delivery Options
- 8 Halal Cafes In KL & Selangor That'll Deliver Pastries & Desserts To Your Home
- 10 Halal Eateries In KL That’ll Deliver To Your Doorstep
- 8 Halal Satay Deliveries In Singapore For A Yummy Feast With Your Family
- 16 Awesome Halal Food Delivery In Singapore (That's Not Fast Food!)
- 10 Halal Hawker Stalls In SG Offering Islandwide Delivery
2. Whip up a yummy drink
If you want to toast to a good year, you can whip up a delicious New Year's Eve drink at home too. We've put together many drink recipes that you can make at home and we hope this list will inspire you to create a signature drink!
- 6 Popular Korean Cafe Drinks To Make For Yourself At Home
- 7 Easy & Delicious Drinks From Around The World You Can Make At Home
- 8 Cafe-Worthy Drinks To Make For Yourself At Home
3. Bake a delicious dessert
What better way to complete your New Year's Eve dinner and drinks than yummy desserts? If you didn't manage to order cakes from your neighbourhood bakery, you can put on your baking gloves and try out these recipes!
- 8 Easy Halal Japanese Dessert Recipes To Satisfy All Your Sweet Tooth Cravings
- 8 Amazing No-Bake Desserts You Can Make Without An Oven
- 12 Easy Halal Dessert Recipes To Make For A Taste Around The World
4. Plan a family movie marathon
It may be a while since you last watched a movie in the cinema, so recreate a cosy cinematic experience in the comfort of your home! Chill on the couch with your loved ones and catch up on awesome family movies. To wrap up the year with some laughs, there are many comedy shows to watch too.
5. Arrange a video call with your loved ones
Every year, New Year's Eve is a great time to catch up with your relatives and friends. Since everyone is staying home, arrange a video call and celebrate virtually! Besides catching up and sharing each other's New Year's resolutions, you can play a game of travel trivia and learn a fact or two.
6. Watch the New Year's Eve fireworks online
Catching the fireworks display on New Year's Eve is a must-do annual event, but this year's event will be done virtually in light of the current pandemic. In Malaysia, the annual New Year's Eve fireworks display will be called off in 2020. In Singapore, there won't be any fireworks in Marina Bay but there will be fireworks at 11 heartland locations around Singapore - with exact locations where they'll be set off are not made public to prevent crowding.
Besides watching a live stream of the New Year's Eve fireworks display in Malaysia and Singapore, you can catch other famous fireworks around the world! From the Times Square Ball Drop in New York to the fireworks at the Jean-Michel Jarre live from Notre-Dame, Paris, it's so beautiful that it'll inspire you to see it in person someday.
Although 2020 comes with its own set of challenges and uncertainties, let's take a moment to appreciate the little blessings that the year brings - including the opportunity to spend quality time with our family and prioritising our health more than ever. As the year draws to a close, we want to wish you a Happy New Year and hope you'll have a great celebration with your loved ones!