1. Korean banana milkYou’ve seen it in Korean dramas, variety shows and probably even in some of your local grocery stores. That’s right - we’re talking about Korean banana milk! Sweet, creamy and smooth, this is arguably one of the most popular and well-loved drinks in Korea. While you can easily purchase it at one your nearest supermarkets, we think the fun lies in making it on your own at home. And why not? It only requires 5 ingredients and takes less than 10 minutes to do! So, go ahead and check out this easy halal Korean banana milk recipe 😊
2. French hot chocolateHot chocolate isn't uniquely French, but the one from the famous Parisian cafe, Angelinais! Regarded as the best hot chocolate in Paris, this European-style drink is far thicker in consistency than most regular hot chocolates which gives it its iconicrich and velvety flavour. With just a whiff and a taste, the combo of its aroma and silkiness is enough to hook you in completely. So if that sounds heavenly to you, go ahead and see how you can fix one up yourself with thiseasy halal French chocolate recipe.
3. Dalgona coffeeThe drink that took the world by storm at the height of a worldwide lockdown- Dalgona coffee. Inspired by a Korean candy, you just need a 1:1:1 ratio of instant coffee, sugar and hot water. Mix this up in a bowl until it becomes a frothy caramel-coloured cream - it's totally doable by hand, but far easier if you have a hand mixer or one of those small battery-operated hand-held milk frothers. Once you have your foam ready, pour yourself a glass of milk (either hot or cold), and top it with the coffee cream.
4. Masala chaiLooking to spice up your cup of tea (literally)? Well, it's time to dig around your spice cupboard and pull out the spices to make a bolstering cup of masala chai! While chai tea latte is usually what's listed on the menu at cafes or your favourite coffee shop, the drink has its roots inmasala chai which is served on the streets in India (fun fact: 'chai' means tea in Hindi, Urdu, and several other languages), so technically saying 'chai tea' means 'tea tea'! 😂).#HHWT Tip: Instead of adding milk to the pot while making your tea, make frothed hot milk on the side (use a frother or try out one of these methods). Pour your strained tea mix into your glass, then pour your milk and froth over it to get a chai latte!
5. Vietnamese egg coffeeBreak away from your usual morning coffee routine and transport yourself to Vietnam with one of Hanoi’s most unique drinks - egg coffee (ca phe trung). Made with sweetened condensed milk, egg yolk and Vietnamese ground coffee, it's a combination that sounds pretty strange but seeing as how it’s well-loved by locals and even tourists, it’s one that definitely works! Not at all eggy like how you would expect it to taste, this beverage is actually rich and creamy thanks to the egg foam that sits on top of it. And when coupled with a dark and smooth coffee, you’ll be wanting to make this drink time and time again - click here to checkout its easy recipe.
6. HorchataTake your taste buds to Mexico by making horchata (or orxata) - a refreshing drink made from rice, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Typically served at Mexican restaurants, this is one beverage that'll quench your thirst perfectly especially when served ice cold! Let the creaminess of the rice and cinnamon flavours take over as you sip away on this drink at home. All you have to do here is blend the ingredients together, let it sit overnight (for at least 8 hours), strain to remove the solids and voila, you've got yourself horchata. Find the easy recipe here at Taste Better From Scratch.
BONUS: Butterbeer from The Wizarding World of Harry PotterIf you’re a Potterhead (like me!), or miss going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios - whether in Japan, London, Florida or Hollywood - then you’ll definitely be familiar with Butterbeer. Sweet, bubbly and refreshing, it is one of the most classic beverages from the iconic series. And contrary to its name, Butterbeer is actually a non-alcoholic drink which means that everyone will be able to enjoy it! So, get ready to whip up this magical concoction using this easy and halal recipe we've got for you😋