The best thing to do during the school holidays in Malaysia is to spend more time with your family! Whether you're planning a family road trip to Melaka or a secluded nature retreat in Pahang, you can do it all in this beautiful country. If you're looking for travel inspirations, check out these amazing destinations in Malaysia to go during the school holidays in 2020!
1. Instagram-worthy family trip to Sekinchan
A family road trip to Sekinchan is a must and it comes with the promise of a laid-back holiday. It may just be a small town in Sabak Bernam, Selangor, but there are many things to do in Sekinchan for families who want to travel off the beaten path. If you're planning to take some awesome family photos other than the famous paddy fields, you're going to love exploring other locations in the link below!
Check out our recommended read below to find the best spots in Sekinchan!
2. Chilly family holiday in Cameron Highlands
During the Malaysian school holidays, many families would plan a trip to Cameron Highlands! Situated in Pahang, this highland retreat is famous for its serene tea plantations, local fruit farms, and cool weather. If you want to make the most of your time here, we have all the travel guides you need to plan the best family holiday in Cameron Highlands!
Check out our recommended reads below before driving up to Cameron Highlands!
- 10 Super Fun Things To Do In Cameron Highlands On Your Next Trip
- 8 Budget-Friendly Accommodations In Cameron Highlands (Under RM180!)
- 12 Accommodations In Cameron Highlands For A Cool Mountain Retreat
3. Underrated family staycation in Selangor
Getting a change of scenery is easy in Malaysia and you don't have to travel far away for a family trip. If you're looking for places to go during the school holidays in Malaysia, plan an underrated family staycation in Selangor!
While staycations in the heart of KL is fun, there are other areas in Selangor that have many beautiful and spacious resorts that would provide a fantastic escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. So if you're looking for a great family staycation in Selangor, scroll down to see our recommended resorts for your next getaway!
Check out our recommended reads below to plan an underrated staycation in Selangor!
- 6 Underrated Staycation Resorts In Selangor For A Quick Escape
- 7 Homestays & Villas In Hulu Langat For Your Next Quick Getaway
- 6 Extreme Adventures In Selangor You Can Do With Your Friends
4. Beach getaway in Malaysia's east coast islands
One of the best things about living in Malaysia is the abundance of amazing islands with white sandy beaches and beautiful waters. While there are many islands located across the country, for those in peninsular Malaysia, there's a special appeal to the islands located on the east coast in Pahang and Terengganu - and definitely worth a road trip during the school holidays in Malaysia.
From the popular Redang and Tioman islands to other gems like Perhentian and Kapas islands and other more unknown places like Tenggol and Gemia islands, there's so much beauty to explore.
Check out our recommended reads below for stunning east coast islands you should visit in peninsular Malaysia!
- 7 Stunning East Coast Islands In Peninsular Malaysia To Tick Off Your Bucket List
- 6 Awesome Beach Resorts In Perhentian Island To Soak Up The Sun
- 5 Amazing Budget Beach Chalets In Pulau Kapas (From RM100!)
5. Nature retreat in Janda Baik
Just less than an hour drive from Kuala Lumpur, make your way to Janda Baik for a relaxing nature retreat with your family! Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest and serene vibes, there are many resorts, chalets and homestays in Janda Baik to spend the night, and not forgetting the halal cafes that you can chill at with your family in-between!
Check out our recommended reads below to plan a nature retreat in Janda Baik!
- 7 Stunning Resorts In Janda Baik For Your Next Getaway
- 3 Halal Cafes You Never Knew You Could Find In Janda Baik, Pahang
- 10 Secluded Nature Retreats In Pahang To Escape The Crowd
6. Fun road trip to Melaka
There are many reasons why Melaka is one of the most popular road trip destinations during the school holidays in Malaysia. Surrounded by delicious halal food and incredible Instagram-worthy spots, families would always return to Melaka for a weekend getaway. If you're planning a family road trip to Melaka soon, we have a couple of useful travel guides to help you plan your next vacay!
Check out our recommended reads below before embarking on a fun road trip to Melaka!
- The Ultimate Guide to Halal Food in Melaka
- 7 Amazing Budget Hotels In Melaka For Your Next Trip (Under RM150)
- 8 Insta-Worthy Spots In Melaka (Near Muslim-Friendly Eateries!)
...And there you have it! There are just some of the best destinations in Malaysia to go during the school holidays in 2020. If you're looking for luxury staycation promotions in Malaysia or things to do in Kuala Lumpur, you're going to love our recommended reads below!
- 8 Things To Do In KL With Your Kids During The School Holidays
- 7 Super Cool Indoor Theme Parks In KL Your Kids Will Love
- Cuti-Cuti Malaysia 2020: 12 Luxury Hotel Promos You Should Book Right Now