TikTok has brought us tons of viral food trends and recipes that are simple and easy to make. This time, the recipe for Salmon Rice Bowl uses simple leftover ingredients such as leftover Salmon and leftover rice.
Through her TikTok page, Emily Mariko, a food and lifestyle vlogger shares her own version of Salmon Rice Seaweed Bowl. The meal itself isn’t something new as it is common for Japanese or Korean households, but Emily shares not only a simple way to make this dish but also a food hack that will make your cooking experience a lot easier.
Viral TikTok Salmon Rice Bowl Recipe
- Leftover white rice
- Salmon fillet
- Soy sauce
- Kewpie mayo
- Roasted seaweed
- Put your leftover cooked salmon on a plate and gently flake your salmon using a fork and spread it across the plate.
- Add a serving of leftover rice on top of the salmon.
- Food hacks! Add ice cubes on top of the rice, then cover the plate with parchment paper before heating it up in the microwave. The ice cube will steam the rice without making it dry.
- Once it’s heated, add a dash of soy sauce, sriracha, and kewpie mayo. Mix to combine.
- Put half of a sliced avocado on top, and serve it with Kimchi and roasted seaweed.
You could easily find halal-certified Kewpie mayonnaise online or in some supermarkets such as Fairprice or Shopee. While some soy sauce might content alcohol, a few brands offer halal-certified shoyu.
Where to buy:
Kewpie Mayonnaise - Fairprice
Soy Sauce - Lazada,EAMartP.S You could find other Halal Japanese ingredients and condiments here!
Want to try another recipe? Check these out: