What is the best pasta recipe?
Flavourful and comforting, pasta is one of easiest Italian recipes you can make for yourself. Even the most beginner of chefs are able to whip up a bowl so don't worry if you don't have much experience in the kitchen!
While you can always opt to start off with a simple pasta salad or quick aglio olio, why not try impress your loved ones at home with Gigi Hadid's famous pasta recipe? Some of the ingredients required include alcohol but we're all about keeping things halal and yummy around here. Continue reading to see how you can make the halal version ?
Who is Gigi Hadid?
Credit: @gigihadid on Instagram
Gigi Hadid (born as Jelena Noura Hadid) is a famous American model who has walked numerous runways for the biggest designers in the world including Versace, Chanel, Elie Saab, Fendi, Marc Jacobs and Balmain. Over the span of four years, the 27-year-old model has made thirty-five appearances on international Vogue magazine covers.
Recently, she appeared at The Met Gala - a nickname for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala, which is essentially an annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York City.
Gigi Hadid's pasta recipe
Credit: @mango_bytes on Instagram
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1 tsp salt (for cooking pasta)
- 1/4 cup pasta water
For the spicy sauce
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 shallot
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 7 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp grated mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- 2-3 freshly chopped basil leaves
Step 1: Saute onion and garlic in olive oil
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and shallot
- Cook till soft
Step 2: Add tomato paste
- Add tomato paste
- Cook until the mixture becomes darker and a little caramlized
Step 3: Add, heavy cream and chili flakes
- Add heavy cream
- Add chili flakes (or more if you like a spicier dish)
Step 4: Season with salt and pepper, and cook pasta
- Keep stirring until sauce is combined
- Season with salt and pepper
- Remove sauce from heat
- Cook pasta (enough for two) - when pasta is cooked, save 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining
Step 5: Add cooked pasta, pasta water and butter to pan
- Add cooked pasta, reserved pasta water and butter
- Stir over medium-high heat until butter has completely melted
Step 6: Add cheese
- Add mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- Taste the sauce and add salt or pepper if needed
Step 7: Serve topped with more cheese and chopped basil
- Bon appétit!
Credit: @mina_sohail on Instagram
Now that you know how easy it is to create this dish, it's time to hop into kitchen and fire up the stove! ??
For more easy recipes, check out these articles:
- 8 Easy Halal Japanese Dessert Recipes To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth Cravings
- 7 Easy Halal French Dessert Recipes To Make At Home For A Sweet Treat
- 12 Easy Halal Dessert Recipes To Make For A Taste Around The World