Before you arrive in PerthBefore you plan your trip, don’t forget to apply for a visa (AUD20). The visa or ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) is valid for 3 months each time you enter Australia, so plan your trip wisely! Do also factor in enough time for your visa application! It differs for each country, so check the Australian Department of Home Affairs website and the visa process timings. We recommend that you plan and apply for your visa early, book a flexible flight ticket, or only confirm your flight booking upon receiving your visa approval.#HHWT Tip: Australia is very particular about what you can and cannot bring, including food, so it’s best to check the list of prohibited items and food to ensure you can pass customs with no problems!
Day 1: Arrive in Perth
Check-in at the COMO The Treasury Hotel
- This modern, chic hotel will get you in a romantic mood already! 🥰
- COMO The Treasury is a 48 -room contemporary luxury hotel located right in the heart of Perth Central Business District, which makes it easily accessible to popular spots such as Elizabeth Quay and Kings Park!
- The rooms are simply the markings of class and chic, which is what you deserve on your romantic getaway - Grand Posture king-sized beds, handcrafted European furnishings and oversized windows.
Have a late picnic lunch at Kings Park and Botanic Gardens (3h)
- Take a break from city life and enjoy private time with your partner with a picnic at the Kings Park and Botanic Gardens 😍
- Kings Park is home to the spectacular Western Australian Botanic Garden, which displays over 3,000 species of the State’s unique flora.
- The park is big (bigger than Central Park NYC, believe it or not! 😱), so we recommend you head to Lotterywest Federation Walkway and enjoy picturesque views of the city skyline.
- Take a stroll among the treetops and check out the State War Memorial precinct comprising the Cenotaph, Court of Contemplation, Flame of Remembrance and Pool of Reflection, which pays tribute to the various battles Australia has gone through 😮
- #HHWT Tip: Not up for a walk? No problem, Kings Park offers Segway Tours, too, so you’ll get to glide along natural bush trails, open parklands, and a stunning botanic garden over the skyline!
- Since Kings Park is located in the Perth CBD area, there are plenty of halal food options you can takeaway such as New Sahara Middle Eastern Cuisine, Chee Tayeb (Lebanese), Tikka Turban (Indian) and Karache' by Sani (Malaysian/Singaporean) 😋
- You can also check out these halal food guides in Perth as well!
Snap romantic photos at Crawley Edge Boatshed (1h)
- It’s not a trip to Perth if you don’t visit the iconic Crawley Edge Boatshed, or as the locals would call it – The Little Blue Boathouse 😌
- Just a mere 6-minute drive from Kings Park, it’s no surprise that this highly photographed site is on every visitor’s Instagram list due to its stunning backdrop of the beautiful Swan River.
- #HHWT Tip: Be careful not to have loose items around as it sure is windy!
- As it is located on Swan River, diving and swimming in the river are strictly prohibited as you might get stung by a swarm of stinger jellyfish infesting the river's lower reaches.
- You can take as many shots as you want, but we recommend jumping shots! 🤩
- It’s best to come early too as the queue to get that perfect photo can be quite long!
- You can also snap photos at sunset - for that added romantic touch! 😉
Day 2: Take a half-day tour of Rottnest Island
- The best way to get to this beautiful island is by boat! Hop on Rottnest Express, a cruise that departs to Rottnest Island daily. The journey will take you around 35 minutes.
- Consider hiring a bike when you book your ferry tickets online as Rottnest Island is a car-free zone, so the only modes of transport available around the island include bicycle and Segway. Riding bikes with your partner sounds like a great date activity! 🥰
- Once you get your transportation sorted, get ready to go on your first mission: finding Quokkas! Fun fact about Quokkas: they are the only marsupials native to the island, and you can’t find them anywhere else but here 🥺
- Getting a #quokkaselfie with the world's happiest animals is a must, but when you encounter one, it’s not advisable to touch or even feed them as there is a risk of being bitten or infecting them with diseases. So do be careful and refrain from close contact.
- You can’t leave Rottnest Island without exploring its underwater world, and the best way to do that is by snorkelling! 😍
- There are many snorkelling spots around the island, including The Basin, Little Salmon Bay, Parakeet Bay, Parker Point, and Little Armstrong Bay. If you prefer somewhere closer to the jetty, we recommend the Basin 😌
- You can hire snorkel sets on the island at Rottnest Island Pedal & Flipper or book them online on Rottnest Express.
- There have been additions in the past two years, such as anew luxury hoteland the chance to explore the island from a new perspective - waterbikes! 🥳 Take in the beautiful views as you glide across clear turquoise waters and learn about the island’s history and unique marine environment. It’ll be an unforgettable adventure! You can rent them at Aquaplay Rottnest!
- Done with your fun water activities? Head to The Lane Cafe for fresh juices, smoothies and acai bowls.
- Although this eatery is not halal certified, they also have some vegetarian options. We recommend the refreshing Acai Bowl.
- Picture this: you and your partner dig into a bowl of acai with breathtaking beach views - another date idea 😉 For coffee enthusiasts, you can also grab a cuppa here!
- Before you leave the island, don’t forget to drop by the Visitor Centre Gift Shop to bring home a range of locally designed souvenirs like books and hand-painted scarves! A perfect spot to get a little memento trip of your romantic getaway
- Or if you like smaller gifts, you can always get your hands on the tea towels or postcards with photos of the island 😌
Day 3: Spend a full day at Mandurah, Perth’s underrated aquatic gem
- Wind in your hair, sea breeze kissing your skin, your worries and cares slipping further away with each shift of sand between your toes - all this while you’re right next to your life partner; doesn’t this sound like a dream? 🥰
- You can enjoy such a slice of paradise right here in Mandurah. Just an hour’s drive from Perth, this humble town is teeming with various activities!
- Kick off your Mandurah romantic holiday by renting your boat and being a boat captain for the day!
- It’s as intimate and relaxing as a vacation should be - just you and your special ones basking at the moment, with a picturesque view of Mandurah's glistening, calm waterways 😉 You will even get the chance to see bottlenose dolphins, so keep those cameras ready!
- If you and your partner are firm believers that vacations are pampering sessions meant to be free from anything too intense: Mandurah has got you covered with the ultimate cruise experience - dolphin watching, a fancy lunch from the seafood spot Cicerello’s, wild seafood catching and more! 🤩
- Halal status of Cicerello’s: The restaurant isn't halal certified as there is alcohol served on the premises. However, Cicerello’s can cater to Muslim-friendly options (all grilled fish meals, crayfish, seafood chowder and items can be cooked in their vegetable oil fryers). Do dine with discretion and enquire with the restaurant directly.
- You can choose to stay overnight at any of their hotels or head back to your hotel in Perth - whatever you decide, we hope you’ll stay a little longer and enjoy the sunset views from Dolphin Quay! 😍
Day 4: Sample chocolates and awe over scenic views at Margaret River
- If you choose to stay over at Mandurah, you can take a 2-hour drive down to Margaret River! Margaret River is a 3 and half-hour drive from Perth.
- Although it is popularly known as Western Australia’s old wine-growing region, you can still have a wonderful experience at Swan Valley and Margaret River! 😌
- This region is said to have one of the world’s greatest climates for growing fresh produce. Yes, vegetables, seafood, native foods, organic dairy, artisan cheese and chocolates! You’ll find all that in the town markets that run almost every weekend 🤩
- If the markets aren’t your thing, you can hop over to Margaret River Chocolate Factory because who doesn’t love chocolates? 😋 This award-winning store offers a wide selection of gooey, chocolatey, alcohol-free products!
- Plus, chocolates are the food of love, which adds a sweet touch to your vacation! 😉
- #HHWTip: If you’re planning to make your vacation extra romantic, you can check in at the Swan Valley Retreat, a 25-minute drive from Perth! Their luxurious and generously sized suites and villa provide utmost comfort and boast uninterrupted views of their beautiful rural property 😍 Plus, it’s adult-only, so you can truly enjoy your romantic stay in peace and tranquillity 😌
- They do not offer halal food on the premises, but there are a few halal restaurants in Swan Valley, such as Sultan Cafe & Grill and more!
Day 5: Head back to Perth
- Your romantic vacation is ending, but the memories will last forever!
- Take a drive back to Perth (about 3 to 3.5 hours), and head to the airport!
- If you’re taking a late flight, you can explore the Western Australian Museum Boola Bardip or even do something daredevil and zipline on the Matagarup Bridge 😱
- If you need more guides, HHWT has got you covered below: