If you’re a Potterhead (like me!), or miss going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios, then you’ll definitely be familiar with Butterbeer. Sweet, bubbly and refreshing, it is one of the most classic beverages from the iconic series. And contrary to its name, Butterbeer is actually a non-alcoholic drink which means that everyone will be able to enjoy it! So, get ready to whip up this magical concoction using this recipe that we’re sharing with you today 😋
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp salt
- Ice cream soda
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, salt, heavy cream and vanilla essence in a pan. On low to medium-high heat, stir the mixture until it thickens into a butterscotch syrup.
- Pour all of the butterscotch syrup into a glass container and set it aside for further use.
- For the Butterbeer’s topping, combine whipping cream and half a tablespoon of the butterscotch syrup you made earlier. Beat with a mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Start putting the drink together by pouring 3 to 5 tablespoonsof the butterscotch syrup into a drinking glass.
- Add a few ice cubes followed by the ice cream soda.
- Finally, place a spoonful of the topping on top and enjoy your chilly, creamy drink!
And there you have it! In no more than 15 minutes, you’ll be able to sip on some delicious, homemade Butterbeer at home. Now, you’ll have the perfect drink to indulge for your next Harry Potter movie marathon ⚡️Has this recipe got you
- Instead of the Butterbeer topping, you can also add a scoop (or two) of your favourite vanilla ice cream.
- If you want to make the frozen version of Butterbeer, all you need to do is freeze the ice cream soda in an ice cube tray. Then, throw the frozen cubes into a blender. Add 3 to 5 tablespoons of Butterscotch syrup and blend until you get a slushy texture.
- For warm Butterbeer, heat some brown sugar and milk in a pan on low to medium-high heat. Once the sugar is dissolved, add heavy cream and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add half a cup of the butterscotch syrup, take it off the heat and pour in the ice cream soda.
dreaming about future travels to Universal Studios in Japan? Then check out these articles: