No doubt, one of the trickiest parts about preparing for a winter holiday, especially if you’re from a warm country and has never experienced winter, is shopping for winter clothing.Credit: giphyDifferent temperatures will require different levels of warm clothing, which is why there are many different types of winter apparel. It also depends on whether you’re staying in the city or venturing into the outdoors. We’ve compiled a list of stores in KL where you can find the perfect winter outfit that will keep you warm during your trip ?
P.S. If it's your first time going for a winter vacay, you'd want to read these useful tips
1. UniqloCredit: @uniqlomyofficial on InstagramOne of Uniqlo's most popular collections yet, Heattech is specifically designed to generate and retain heat from the body, so we don’t have to wear multiple layers and look extra bulky just keep warm. What’s great about it is that you can choose from their range: normal, extra warm and ultra warm to suit your holiday type!Ultra Light Down is another popular product from Uniqlo. As the name suggests, the down jacket is feather light, waterproof and can be folded and fit into a small bag, so you don’t need to worry about it taking up your luggage and can easily carry it around.Price range: From RM39.90Check out the locations and opening hours here.
2. SportsDirectCredit: @sportsdirec tmy on InstagramIt may be surprising to some, but this sportswear emporium is also a great place to hunt for thermal wears. Since they are made for outdoor activities, the thermal wears you’ll find at SportsDirect are very comfy and easy to move in! It’s also the perfect place to hunt for outdoor accessories like hiking boots if you’re going to spend a lot of time outdoors.Price range: From RM29Check out the locations and opening hours here.
3. DecathlonCredit: @justme.leslieho on InstagramFrom jogger pants to equestrian gears, Decathlon stocks a wide range of sporting goods in their superstores that are much larger than football pitches. They carry their own inhouse brands - 20 in total, and each represents a different sport or group of sports. Decathlon’s thermal wear comes at an affordable price without compromising the quality! #HHWT Tip: Do note that the store tends to be crowded on the weekends, so visit it early in the morning to avoid the long queue.Price range: From RM12Check out the locations and opening hours here.
4. Winter TimeCredit: @jing_1218_ on InstagramThe great thing about Winter Time is that it caters all kinds of winter apparel all year round, which makes it the perfect place to head to if you need them even offseason. There are all sorts of fashionable sweaters and coats that will definitely fit your style, so you don’t have to sweat about looking like a sausage during your trip!Price range: From RM100Check out the locations and opening hours here.#HHWT Tip:Check out these 8 stylish and comfy shoes for your winter vacay
5. Universal TravellerCredit: @akmall_addin on InstagramFrom padded parkas to knit scarves to carriers, Universal Traveller also offers a wide range of winter gears. This year-round treasure trove is perfect if you want to shop everything at one single place since they have quite everything! Every now and then, they do in-store promotions so you can snag some really good deals if you’re lucky!Price range: From RM100Check out the locations and opening hours here.
6. Kok Kong Winter WearCredit: @kokkongwinterwear on InstagramSpecializing in winter apparel and other accessories, Kok Kong Winter Wear started as a garment accessories store but slowly became a household name. Kok Kong is known for selling a wide range of outfits at an affordable price, and they’re always updated with new trends.Price range: From RM50Address:No.170, Jalan Loke Yew, Pudu, 55200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
Mon, Wed-Sat, 9am-6pm, Tue & Sun, 11am-6pm
+60 3-9221 9311
7. Winterclothes.com.myCredit: @winterclothes.com.my on InstagramDon’t have time to hit the malls or prefer to shop online? Based in both Malaysia and Singapore, this online store makes winter wear shopping a lot easier! Not only do they cater to all ages, but they also provide a variety of plus size winter clothes from long johns to hiking pants. What’s more, you can find some travel tips and extra information like the average temperature in major cities on the website so you’ll know what kind of jackets to get.Price range: From RM40Website
8. TimberlandCredit: @timberlandmy on InstagramIf your travel plans include outdoor activities like hiking up a snowy mountain, it’s best to get a different set of gears that is better suited for more extreme weather. Timberland is perfect for those who need to prepare for some snow action since the material is more durable, and you can still look stylish at the same time!Price range: From RM150Check out the locations and opening hours here.
9. The North FaceCredit: @nicchung1 on InstagramWaterproof windbreaker with an adjustable hood? Check. Ultra-durable gloves with five-finger touch screen capability? Check. Lightweight arm warmers for extra warmth? Check. Looking fashionable even on top of a snowy mountain? Check. From basic wears to even tents, The North Face has everything you need. Their bestseller, the triclimate jacket is built for adventurers to endure three types of weather and weighs less than 1 kg.Price range: From RM150Check out the locations and opening hours here.
10. ColumbiaCredit: @columbia1938 on InstagramColumbia is a trusted brand in outdoor apparel and products, especially for winter activities. All products are tested to endure rough weathers and keep everyone warm and dry. If you’re planning for a ski holiday, you should definitely consider getting their chic fleece jackets and insulated boots that will keep you toasty warm!Price range: From RM100Buy online here. Are you all set for your next winter adventure now? If you don’t have a destination yet, check out these 10 magical winter destinations for some inspiration :)