- Find a spot in your house with natural light i.e anywhere near a window.
- Face the light source instead of having your back to it. It gives you that extra glow on top of your Raya look.
- Clear your background of anything that might be distracting like a pile of laundry or any other random objects.
1. A classic family photo on the couch
2. 'Interact' with each other
3. Make a heart
4. Form one big heart
5. Show off your petIt’s a universal thing that whenever you have an animal in your photo, it becomes instantly better in every way. So take the opportunity to include your pet in your shot during your family video call! Whether it’s your cat, hamster or rabbit, getting them to be a part of your Raya photos will definitely make your pictures special. A screen filled with furry friends just warms our hearts right up ?
6. Smile and wave
7. Show off your favourite kuihWhile you might not be able to enjoy all the different Raya kuih with your family and relatives this year, one way to make up for it is by showing off your favourite treat and posing with it. This adds a festive touch to your photo and it’s a fun way to see everyone’s choice of kuih is. Plus it can serve as a future guide so that when the next celebration rolls around, you’ll know what to get each and every person ? P.S. Whip up these 5 popular kuih raya recipes at home with your family!
8. Experiment with different shapes and stylesMuch like the heart, don’t be afraid to think outside the box and experiment with different poses. Spread out on the couch, mimic a famous pose from a film or a music video and use props and accessories. The sky is the limit and you should have fun while striking different poses. Whatever you choose to do, getting your family to try out all kinds of moves makes for a memorable video call and that's the point of your virtual gathering ? Just because we'll be virtually visiting our families this holiday, it doesn't mean you have to miss out on Raya photos. If anything, this unique celebration should be all the more reason to take pictures so that you can look back at this moment as a special memory and relive it in a fond way.