Raya will be upon us soon! And it's the perfect time to bake-up some raya cookies for a little festive cheer. If you're looking for kuih raya recipes, we've rounded up some of the best for you, include a nutella tart recipe, pineapple tart recipe, and more!
P.S. If you're looking for easier kuih raya recipes that are delicious and won't require special moulds, check this list out!
1. Nutella tarts
Nutella Tarts became a craze a while back and remain super popular to this day. It's easy to understand why - a butter tart shell combined with a filling make with the delicious hazelnut spread? Yes, please! Watch this video by 5Thumbs
that shows the full recipe and how to make them.
2. Pineapple Tarts
These cute balls filled with pineapple jam are delicious and easy to make. See the full recipe that's tried and tested by our very own team member Tiara!
3. Cornflake cookies
You can't have a Raya without cornflake cookies! Especially since they're super easy to make - minimal effort for maximum enjoyment! Try this recipe from Rasa Malaysia
to get a quick batch of your own ready for Raya.
4. Ondeh-ondeh tarts
If you're a lover of ondeh-ondeh (the traditional kuih made with pandan
and palm sugar), you'll love the ondeh-ondeh tarts! Combining the same flavours, these tarts are made with a buttery dough that's flavoured with pandan which is baked before being filled with a yummy filling made with gula melaka. Top with a little grated coconut for the complete package!Get the full recipe here.
5. Bangkit Cheese
You're probably already familiar with kuih bangkit, the delicate cookies that melt in your mouth. In recent years though, many variations of this traditional kuih have come about, and one that's become particularly loved is bangkit cheese! Made with cream cheese and grated cheddar, they add a yummy twist that makes the cookies totally irresistible.
Adapted from: Kakbie Kitchen on Facebook
250g butter, softened
80g caster sugar
150g cream cheese, softened and at room temperature
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla essence
300g tapioca flour, sifted
200g cornflour sifted
1 tsp baking powder
50g grated cheddar cheese
- Combine butter and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, cream until light and creamy.
- Add cream cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Add eggs yolk and vanilla essence and mix until well incorporated.
- Add tapioca flour, cornflour and baking powder. Mix until dough forms. Continue kneading by hand until the doughis no longer sticky (if the dough still appears too wet, add more tapioca flour).
- Add grated cheese and knead into the dough by hand. Once incorporated, cover and leave dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out dough to about a quarter of an inch in thickness. Using a cookie cutter of your desired shape, press out cookies, placing them on baking sheets.
- Bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Making these pretty Raya treats will be a great way to get into the festive mood and have delicious cookies to munch on for Eid. It's time to get your oven fired up and make these much-loved kuih raya!