Besides Japan's amazing halal food
, iconic attractions like Tokyo Disneyland
and breathtaking landscapes, the shopping scene is not one to be missed especially if you're a shopaholic. Since travel isn't possible right now, we've rounded up a list of places in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor where you can shop to your heart's content for Japanese products - from halal wagyu and instant noodles to seasonal fruits and more.
P.S. Missing South Korea instead? These shopping spots in KL and Selangor are perfect for you.
1. Don Don Donki
- Situated at Lot 10 Shopping Centre in Kuala Lumpur, this is the first JONETZ by Don Don Donki store in Malaysia. This concept store is part of Japan's famous discount chain retailer, Don Don Donki and has 3 floors dedicated to snacks and groceries, fresh produce and meats, as well as home and living.
- Address: Lot 10 Shopping Centre, G8 G11, F8 F18, S8 S16, 50 Jalan Sultan Ismail, 50250 Kuala Lumpur
2. FamilyMartCredit: @familymartmy on Instagram
- Whether you need a quick bite, midday snack or light meal to keep your hunger at bay, you can always count on FamilyMart to do the trick. This popular Japanese convenience store franchise chain has it all: maki rolls, bento boxes, oden, omurice and more!
- Address: Click here for a full list of FamilyMart outlets in Malaysia
3. MUJICredit: @mujimy on Instagram
P.S. Save this list of 24 Muslim-friendly souvenirs to buy in Tokyo on your future trip.
- Anyone who loves the Japanese minimalistic aesthetic should definitely shop from MUJI. Mujirushi Ryohin (MUJI in Japanese) translates as "no-brand quality goods". Focusing on functional, quality design, have fun browsing through their amazing range of household goods, apparel and food.
- Address: Click here for a full list of MUJI outlets in Malaysia.
4. DaisoCredit: Daiso Sunway Pyramid on Facebook
- Popular known for selling a variety of cute and quirky products, Daiso (often referred to as "the Japanese dollar store") is a fun place to shop at as you often stumble upon all kinds of treasures you never knew you wanted.
- Address: Click here for the full list of Daiso outlets in Malaysia.
5. IsetanCredit: @isetankl on Instagram
- Recognized as the leading corporate group in Japan's retailing industry, Isetan is a popular shopping spot where you'll be able to find all kinds of things across fashion, beauty and even household items.
- Address: There are three Isetan outlets in Malaysia 1) Isetan KLCC 2) Isetan The Garden 3) Isetan 1Utama
6. Gyomu Super
- The newly-opened supermarket Gyomu Super is absolute heaven for Japan lovers as they sell imported Japanese goods.
- They carry high-quality products just at a lower price! The shop is also perfect if you have a big family as most of the items are sold in bulk quantities. Those who have been to the supermarket have reported that the prices are quite competitive compared to other Japanese retail chains in Malaysia.
- Address: G-05A, Pinnacle, Lorong Utara C, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Opening hours: 10 am - 8 pm (Daily)
Can't get enough shopping content? For more articles like this, check these out: