One of the many ways you can enjoy the outdoors is by going on a camping trip. Now, if you're not ready to rough it out in nature but would still like to experience a taste of it, then glamping should be right up your alley! There are plenty of places to go glamping in Malaysia and if you're looking for ones in KL and Selangor, we've got you covered with this list right here.
Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://bit.ly/3LnFN1F
Things to know about glamping in Malaysia
- Glamping is a term derived from the combination of 'glamourous' and 'camping'
- It allows travellers to experience the outdoors without giving up their creature comforts.
- In Malaysia, amenities and facilities can differ between glamping accommodations. Some may have Wi-Fi and daily cleaning services, while others may not.
- While some spots offer full meals and lodging, others may only provide breakfast, with options for arranging for additional meals.
- Do check carefully with the resort you plan on staying at for their facilities and whether they meet your needs!
1. Dusun Bonda, Selangor
Dusun Bonda is located in the forests of Batang Kali. Dusun Bonda, which translates to mother's orchard, is tucked in a fruit orchard along the river. Owner and founder Azura created Dusun Bonda to give wonderful childhood memories to her daughter, and as such, the resort is a kid-friendly glamping spot with a manmade pool and waterfall, playground and other family-friendly amenities.
Dusun Bonda has a few types of accommodations. For a full glamping experience, opt for the Bell Tents, which is a premium tent with adjacent private bathrooms, but do note that the rest rely on shared bathrooms. In addition, some bell tents rely on fans or portable air-conditioners. If that's not your cup of tea, there's always the Studio Villas that offer all the amenities you're used to.
Accommodation Type: Bell tents and two studio villas
- Shared bathrooms (except for the Premium Bell Tents which have an adjacent private bathroom and the studio villas)
- Air conditioning units are offered in select tents, as well as the studio villas
- No Wi-Fi available, no towels and no daily housekeeping
- Breakfast provided, along with cooking and barbecue facilities
- Pool, playground and prayer room are also available
Rate: Starts at RM350 per night
Address: Lot 2121,Jalan Ulu Tamu, Batang Kali 44300
Contact: +60 12-663 3667
2. The Sticks, Selangor
At The Sticks, the aim is to put down your burdens (and electronics!) and have a proper commune in nature. This eco-friendly lodge promises a jungle home for your complete rest and relaxation. Their accommodations are charmingly called tendoks, a cross between a tent and a pondok (hut) and aim to provide a back-to-basics retreat. Don't worry, the tendoks still make for a beautifully tranquil place to stay!
Dinner and breakfast (half board meals) are included as part of the room rates, and you can add on another RM25 per person to get full board meals inclusive of lunch and tea too, which is probably advisable as no outside food is allowed! So there's no need to worry about food, and you have more time to bask in the scenic surroundings or take a dip in the river!
Note: The Sticks provide meals made fully with halal ingredients. Do note that alcoholic beverages are available for sale in the dining area (known as Dewan). We recommend that you dine at your own discretion.
Accommodation Type: Tendoks (a cross between a tent and a 'pondok', or hut)
- Select tendoks are available with ensuite bathrooms, while others rely on shared bathrooms.
- No air-conditioning is provided, and fans are available.
- Towels and basic toiletries provided
- No WiFi available
- Common area available for lounging, along with river and accompanying facilities like tubes for tubing
- Dinner and breakfast included
Rate: From RM342 per room per night for Serene Tendok, from RM564 per room per night for Family Rooms
Address: Lot 213, Jalan KKB - Frasers Hill, Kuala Kubu Bharu, 44000 Selangor
Email: [email protected]
3. Tadom Hill Resort, Selangor
It's not often to find a bamboo-inspired resort like Tadom Hill Resorts. Just a 45-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur, you and your loved ones can book a stay at the Bamboo Tent which has two mattresses complete with pillows and duvets, a mini ceiling fan, and a shared bathroom.
If you're coming in a group of seven people, you can spend the night at the traditional Bamboo Hut that has up to seven mattresses complete with a canopy mosquito net.
Accommodation type: Bamboo chalets and huts
- Beds and ensuite private bathrooms
- Pillows, duvets, linens and towels provided
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fan available
- Canopy mosquito net available at select accommodations
Rate: Starts at RM150 per night on their website or book on Agoda
Address: Bukit Tadom, Kampung Labohan Dagang, 42700 Banting, Selangor
Contact: +6012 522 5728 / +6012 522 5908 / +6012 522 5883
4. Nur Laman Bestari Eco Resort, Selangor
Situated in Sungai Buloh, immerse yourself in the beauty of nature at Nur Laman Bestari Eco Resort. This Muslim-owned nature resort in Selangor is the perfect escape from city life and has many types of accommodations available. Ranging from chalets to riverside cottages, take the opportunity to rough it out in the wild without sacrificing your modern comforts by spending the night in the resort's all-new glamping tent!
Perfect for five guests, each glamping tent has five mattresses, a portable fan and air-conditioner, fresh linen, and access to the nearby bathroom. Cutleries, barbecue grill, and instant drink sachets are also provided if you're hungry. Otherwise, the resort can arrange breakfast and dinner for RM25 per person.
Accommodation Type: Chalets, cottages and canopy tents
- Mattresses and fresh linen
- Portable fan and air-conditioning
- Shared bathrooms
- Barbecue grill
Rate: Contact them for more details.
Contact: +603-6151 8095
5. Castra by Colony, Kuala Lumpur
If you've always wondered what glamping in the heart of the city would be like, Castra by Colony is the answer to all your questions. Located on the rooftop terrace in Kuala Lumpur's Golden Triangle, this luxurious glamping site is the perfect 'outdoor' retreat that allows you to take a break from the city without actually leaving it!
Inspired by Mediterranean aesthetics, you'll get to stay in bohemian canopy tents set in a spacious private garden lounge with a barbecue deck. Perfect for a group staycation with friends and extended family, the price may be a little steep but given the top-notch amenities you'll have access to, why not treat yourself and your loved ones to an amazing glamping experience?
Accommodation type: Bohemian canopy tents
- Premium beds and linens
- On-site shower with hot running water
- Air conditioning
- En-suite power sockets and unlimited high-speed wifi
- Outdoor patio seating and garden lounge
- Barbecue deck with complimentary use of grilling tools
Rate: Starts at RM2,120 per night on their website
Address: Level R, Star Boulevard KLCC, 1, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 53300 Kuala Lumpur
Contact: +60 18-213 8086
6. Sekeping Serendah Retreats
You don't have to travel far to escape the concrete jungle! Sekeping Serendah may not be smacked in the middle of the rainforest, but the surrounding trees will make your getaway feel like it. Most rooms are catered for groups of four to ten people, which is perfect for small to medium-sized groups. A favourite is Warehouse 1 and 2 which can fit a large group of friends and comes complete with a few double and single beds, a kitchen area, and a barbecue area.
Accommodation Type: Chalet
- Queen-sized beds, beddings, ceiling fans, mosquito coils, mosquito nettings
- Hot water shower, soap, toilet paper
- Toaster oven, fridge, electric kettle, cutleries, plates and cups, dishwashing liquid, gas hob, cooking wok, knives and cutting board (available in all except Glass Box, shared kitchen for Mud Sheds)
- BBQ pit, BBQ wire mesh, charcoal and skewers
- WIFI at common areas for unlimited calls and WhatsApp
- Safety box, panic button and call bell for each chalet
Address: Serendah FS, 43300, 48200 Selangor
Contact: +6012 324 6552
7. Hammocks By The River
Need a couples' retreat? You'll definitely appreciate Hammocks By The River's strict no-kids-below-17-year-old policy! Escape your overwhelming city life and dive into the calming vibes of the campsite 😍 Each tent is well-equipped with barbecue facilities, clean toilets, a clubhouse, and hammocks for you to swing your stress away. You can book a camping package that comes inclusive of all the camping equipment you need or choose to bring your own food; whatever it is, it's an adventure you and your partner will cherish!
Accommodation type: Outdoor tents
- Mattress & pillows
- LED Lights
- Gas Stove
- Cooking equipment
- Table & chairs
- Kitchen knives
- Free Parking
- Rain shelter
- Security (i.e the campsite is gated)
Rate: Do drop them a message via their Whatsapp or social media to find out more
Address: Lot 617, Jalan Sungai Makau, Batu 14 Hulu Langat, 47310 Hulu Langat, Selangor
Contact: +6 011-2810 8190
So grab your family and friends, and plan a unique nature escape for your future getaway! Can't get enough of the outdoors? Make sure to check out these articles:
- 9 Hiking Trails To Conquer In KL & Selangor (For Every Fitness Level)
- 10 Amazing Waterfalls In KL & Selangor For A Refreshing Getaway
- 12 Awesome Glamping Spots In Malaysia For A Luxurious Outdoor Getaway