One of the many ways you can enjoy the outdoors is by going on a camping trip
. Now, if you're not ready to rough it out in nature but would still like to experience a taste of it, then glamping should be right up your alley! There are plenty of places to go glamping in Malaysia
and if you're looking for ones in KL and Selangor, we've got you covered with this list right here.
Things to know about glamping in Malaysia
- Glamping is a term derived from the combination of 'glamourous' and 'camping'
- It allows travellers to experience the outdoors without giving up their creature comforts.
- In Malaysia, amenities and facilities can differ between glamping accommodations. Some may have Wi-Fi and daily cleaning services, while others may not.
- While some spots offer full meals and lodging, others may only provide breakfast, with options for arranging for additional meals.
- Do check carefully with the resort you plan on staying at for their facilities and whether they meet your needs!
1. Dusun Bonda, Selangor
Dusun Bonda is located in the forests of Batang Kali. Dusun Bonda, which translates to mother's orchard, is tucked in a fruit orchard along the river. Owner and founder Azura created Dusun Bonda to give wonderful childhood memories
for her daughter, and as such, the resort is a kid-friendly glamping spot with manmade pool and waterfall, playground and other family-friendly amenities.
Dusun Bonda has a few types of accommodations. For a full glamping experience, opt for the Bell Tents, which is a premium tent with adjacent private bathrooms, but do note that the rest rely on shared bathrooms. In addition, some bell tents rely on fans or portable air-conditioners. If that's not your cup of tea, there's always the Studio Villas that offer all the amenities you're used to.
Bell tents and two studio villas
- Shared bathrooms (except for the Premium Bell Tents which have an adjacent private bathroom and the studio villas)
- Air conditioning units offered in select tents, as well as the studio villas
- No Wi-Fi available, no towels and no daily housekeeping
- Breakfast provided, along with cooking and barbecue facilities
- Pool, playground and prayer room also available
Starts at RM350 per night
Lot 2121,Jalan Ulu Tamu, Batang Kali 44300
+60 12-663 3667
2. The Sticks, Selangor
At The Sticks, the aim is put down your burdens (and electronics!) and have a proper commune in nature. This eco-friendly lodge promises a jungle home for
your complete rest and relaxation. Their accommodations are charmingly called tendoks, a cross between a tent and a pondok (hut) and aim to provide a back-to-basics retreat. Don't worry, the tendoks still make for a beautifully tranquil place to stay!
Dinner and breakfast (half board meals) are included as part of the room rates, and you can add on another RM25 per person to get full board meals inclusive of lunch and tea too, which is probably advisable as no outside food is allowed! So there's no need to worry about food, and you have more time to bask in the scenic surroundings or take a dip in the river!
Note: The Sticks provide meals made fully with halal ingredients. Do note that alcoholic beverages are available for sale in the dining area (known as Dewan). We recommend that you dine at your own discretion.
Tendoks (a cross between a tent and a 'pondok', or hut)
- Select tendoks available with ensuite bathrooms, others rely on shared bathrooms.
- No air-conditioning provided, fans are available.
- Towels and basic toiletries provided
- No WiFi available
- Common area available for lounging, along with river and accompanying facilities like tubes for tubing
- Dinner and breakfast included
Starts at RM206 per person per night
Lot 213, Jalan KKB - Frasers Hill, Kuala Kubu Bharu, 44000 Selangor
Email: [email protected]
3. Tadom Hill Resort, Selangor
It's not often to find a bamboo-inspired resort like Tadom Hill Resorts
. Just a 45-minute drive from Kuala Lumpur, you and your loved ones can book a stay at the Bamboo Tent that has two mattresses complete with pillows and duvets, mini ceiling fan, and shared bathroom.
If you're coming in a group of seven people, you can spend the night at the traditional Bamboo Hut that has up to seven mattresses complete with canopy mosquito net.
: Bamboo chalets and huts
- Beds and ensuite private bathrooms
- Pillows, duvets, linens and towels provided
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fan available
- Canopy mosquito net available at select accommodations
: Starts at RM120 per night on their website
: Bukit Tadom, Kampung Labohan Dagang, 42700 Banting, Selangor
: +6012 522 5728 / +6012 522 5908 / +6012 522 5883
4. Nur Laman Bestari Eco Resort, Selangor
Situated in Sungai Buloh, immerse yourself in the beauty of nature at Nur Laman Bestari Eco Resort. This Muslim-owned nature resort in Selangor is the perfect
escape from city life, and has many types of accommodations available. Ranging from chalets to riverside cottage, take the opportunity to rough it out in the wild without sacrificing your modern comforts by spending the night in the resort's all-new glamping tent!
Perfect for five guests, each glamping tent has five mattresses, a portable fan and air-conditioner, fresh linen, and access to the nearby bathroom. Cutleries, barbecue grill, and instant drink sachets are also provided if you're hungry. Otherwise, the resort can arrange breakfast and dinner for RM25 per person.
: Chalets, cottages and canopy tents
- Matresses and fresh linen
- Portable fan and air-conditioning
- Shared bathrooms
- Barbecue grill
: Starts at RM199 per night (5 guests) on their website
: Nur Laman Bestari Eco Resorts, Astana Era Mewah, Hq Nur Eco Resort, 40160 Sungai Buloh, Selangor
: +603-6151 8095
5. Castra by Colony, Kuala Lumpur
If you've always wondered what glamping in the heart of the city would be like, Castra by Colony is the answer to all your questions. Located on the rooftop terrace in Kuala Lumpur's Golden Triangle, this luxurious glamping site is the perfect 'outdoor' retreat that allows you to take a break from the city
without actually leaving it!
Inspired by Mediterranean aesthetics, you'll get to stay in bohemian canopy tents set in a spacious private garden lounge with a barbecue deck. Perfect for a group staycation with friends and extended family, the price may be a little steep but given the top notch amenities you'll have access to, why not treat yourself and your loved ones to an amazing glamping experience.
: Bohemian canopy tents
- Premium beds and linens
- On-site shower with hot running water
- Air conditioning
- En-suite power sockets and unlimited high speed wifi
- Outdoor patio seating and garden lounge
- Barbecue deck with complimentary use of grilling tools
: Starts at RM2,500 per night on their website
: Level R, Star Boulevard KLCC, 1, Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 53300 Kuala Lumpur
: +6018-213 8086
So grab your family and friends, and plan a unique nature escape for your future getaway! Can't get enough of the outdoors? Make sure to check out these articles: