So you've made yourself some roti jala
, tepung pelita
and Almond London
. What's next? Our answer to that is kuih semperit! Light, airy and perfectly crumbly, make these yummy cookies using this easy recipe and indulge to your heart's content! 😋
- 170g butter (and extra in case dough becomes dry)
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g plain flour
- 40g custard powder
- glazed red cherries (for decoration)
Wantmore recipes to make this Hari Raya? Check these out:
- Using an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and caster sugar (medium speed) until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and vanilla essence.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and custard powder. Then add 3/4 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture to form a soft dough.
- With a semperit maker, fill the dough in and press gently to create a flower-shaped dough.
- Place a tiny piece of cherryin the centre of the flower and press down lightly to make sure it stays.
- Once you've used up the dough, bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely before storing in an airtight container.