Simple, convenient and tasty - that’s the beauty of roti jala 😍 Typically paired with chicken curry, this snack makes for a delicious iftar treat or even part of your sahur meal. And with just a few ingredients, you’ll be able to whip up a whole plate of roti jala at home in no time. Check out our easy roti jala recipe below to get started!
Ingredients (yields 30)
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- Squeeze bottle or a Ziploc bag with one of the tips snipped off
- In a bowl, mix salt, turmeric powder and wheat flour together. Add eggs, oil and water, and whisk until well-combined. Strain the mixture through a sieve before pouring into a bottle (or Ziploc bag if using).
- Heat a non-stick pan over low heat and create a net-like pattern pancake (check out this video to see how it's done). Let the batter cook for about 2 minutes without the lid on. Once the colour has turned into a pale yellow, remove with a spatula.
- Place the roti jala on a plate and fold it. You can rollor fold it into a shape of a long triangle. Repeat step 2 until all the batter is used up.
- Serve and enjoy the roti jala with chicken curry!
Want more recipes to make this festive season? Check these out: