The kitchen is the heart and soul of every household. It’s filled with memories of your grandma’s famous pineapple tarts and biskut badam that are fresh from the oven. As we count the days till Raya, let’s reimagine our annual kuih spread that’s better than the last.
We’re all about trying new recipes to add a new twist every Raya. Whether you’re craving for ondeh ondeh tarts, prune layer cake or biskut bangkit cheese, it’s time to indulge your family and relatives with a taste of these bite-sized goodness – with the help of our ever efficient and friendly kitchen helper, the Bosch Kitchen Machine MUM59340GB
1. Ondeh Ondeh Tarts
Everyone who loves the traditional glutinous rice balls will be delighted by your version of Ondeh Ondeh Tarts
. A sweet dessert that’s popular across Southeast Asia, the tart version delivers a crunch while still staying true to the palm sugar and grated coconut stylings.
- 200g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of pandan emulco
- 3-4 drops of green food colouring
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 40g icing sugar
- 40g corn starch
- 300g wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Grated coconuts
- 1 cup of gula melaka
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 15g butter
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 150 degrees celsius.
- In a bowl, add butter, egg yolks, pandan emulco, vanilla essence and green food colouring.
- Whisk until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Add wheat flour, corn starch, icing sugar and baking powder into the mixture. Whisk until all ingredients are well mixed together.
- Knead the dough until even and flatten it with a rolling pin.
- Mould the tarts using your desired cookie cutters.
- Place the tarts on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake them in the oven at 150 degrees celsius for 15 – 20 minutes.
- When done, take tarts out of the oven and leave them to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, heat gula melaka and water until fully melted.
- Add butter and virgin coconut oil into mixture and mix evenly.
- Add a pinch of salt and continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Pipe gula melaka mixture on the tarts and sprinkle grated coconut over them.
- Baked tarts for 5 minutes at 150 degrees celsius.
- Take tarts out of the oven when done. Serve when tarts are cooled completely.
Credit: Seminit Resepi
: The Bosch Kitchen Machine MUM59340GB
has a professional patisserie set that comes with professional beating whisk, flexible stirring whisk, kneading hook and more. Delivering perfect baking results, it’s the closest thing to having a baking assistant.
2. Prune Layer Cake
Moist and buttery, this is how every dessert lover would remember the delightful Prune Layer Cake
. Every bite comes with a burst of dried fruit sweetness and spice-infused aroma that will put a smile on those who savours it.
- 500g butter (room temperature)
- 125g self-raising flour
- 150g whole eggs
- 420g egg yolks
- 230g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon of mixed spice
- 3 tablespoons of condensed milk
- 250g seedless prunes (cut into halves)
- 1 tablespoon sponge gel (Ovalette)
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees celsius.
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan with butter and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour and mixed spice. Set aside.
- Using the kitchen machine with a paddle attachment, beat butter and condensed milk together on medium speed for approximately 10 minutes, until light and fluffy. Set aside after.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and sponge gel. Using a whisk attachment, whisk the ingredients together on high speed for 8 minutes until fluffy.
- Add flour mixture to the egg mixture. With the paddle attachment, beat the mixtures together on low speed, until just combined.
- Continue beating the ingredients at low speed, add butter in 3 batches, ensuring mixture are incorporated well after each addition.
- Place the greased cake pan into the oven and heat it for 2 minutes. Set the oven to “Grill” mode.
- Combine the flour and egg mixture together, and beat it well using a dry and clean spatula.
- Scoop about 1 ladleful of batter and spread it evenly on the bottom of the cake pan. Bake for about 6 minutes, or until layer is cooked and nicely brown.
- Remove cake pan from oven and prick a few holes with a fork. Add another layer of batter, spread it evenly and bake. Repeat until batter is used up.
- At every 4th layer of uncooked batter, scatter some prunes before baking.
- As the layers build up, baking time will be shorter, to avoid burning any layer.
- On the final layer, scatter some prunes. Set oven to 180 degrees celsius, and set to “Top and bottom” heating. Bake the cake for 10 minutes.
- When done, take the cake out from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- Slice the sides of the cake to reveal the layers and serve.
Credit: Food Delicacy
: Since you’ll be mixing a huge batch of ingredients, Bosch Kitchen Machine MUM59340GB
has a large stainless steel mixing bowl (max. dough capacity 2.0 kg) complete with seven settings plus powerful pulse function. It’s all about making things easier for you!
3. Biskut Bangkit Cheese
Simplicity as its best, Biskut Bangkit Cheese
will have the kids and the young at hearts rushing for second servings. A traditional cookie that crumbles delicately in every bite, the cheddar cheese is a secret ingredient that will make the flavours pop!
- 250g butter
- 180g icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 250g sweet potato flour
- 225g corn flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 70g grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven at 160 degrees celsius.
- Using the kitchen machine with a whisk attachment, whisk butter and icing sugar on medium speed until the mixture thickens. Add yolks and continue whisking.
- Add sweet potato flour, corn flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture. Mix the ingredients together until a dough is formed.
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin. Mould the dough using your desired cookie cutter shapes.
- Place cookies on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and brush the surface with egg yolks. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake cookies in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- When done, take tarts out from the oven. Serve when cookies are completely cooled.
Credit: Resipi Citarasawan
: Making a huge batch of biscuits are tough, but Bosch Kitchen Machine MUM59340GB
is here to take the burden off your hands. Whether you’re dealing with large quantities or demanding dough, it comes with a 1000-watt motor that delivers maximum performance and optimal results.
It’s comforting to know that Bosch Kitchen Machine MUM59340GB
is here to make your baking experience easier. Combining a 1000-watt motor for quick processing and 3D planetary mixing technology, it promises perfect baking results each time. The kitchen machine also comes with a collection of accessories, ranging from a patisserie set to a blender and juicer attachment, satisfying all your baking needs. If you’re baking a large number of cookies, the large stainless steel mixing bowl will let you do so at one go!
If you’re planning to switch up your kuih spread this Raya, it’s time to keep these recipes in your pockets! You can make prune layer cake and ondeh ondeh tarts for the first day of Raya and save biskut bangkit cheese for the rest of the week. Share with us your favourite Raya cookies, and let us know how it goes. Have a blessed Ramadan, everyone!
This article is brought to you by Bosch.