One of the most popular attractions in Singapore is none other than Universal Studios Singapore (USS)
at Resorts World Sentosa! As the first Universal Studios theme park in Southeast Asia, it's packed with awesome rides and characters bursting with life that'll surely leave you with a fun-filled day. Good news - Singapore recently announced that USS will be one of the 13 attractions that will be reopening from 1 July 2020 (tomorrow!) onwards 🤗 Before you visit, we've rounded up some of the essential things that you should know when visiting USS!
1. Revised opening hours
USS will reopen on 1-5 July 2020
and subsequently on Thursday to Sunday every week
. Opening hours will also be staggered
so as to ensure a careful and controlled reopening. Thursday (except on school and public holidays) will be considered as Off-Peak while Fridays to Sundays, Public Holidays, June and December will be considered as Peak.
2. Will all the rides be open?
Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) mentioned on their website that most of the rides at USS will be open as well as meet-and-greet sessions. However, do note that all shows at USS will be suspended for now.
3. Are there special promotions? Do I need to book in advance?
Yes! The admission rates to USS will be adjusted and the cost of an Adult One-Day Ticket is $59 .
It's valid from now till 31 July 2020
for a visit from 1 July-31 July 2020.
You will need to purchase your ticket in advance from the RWS website
as ticketing counters at USS won't be open. Tickets are limited each day and on a first-come-first-serve basis. You'll also be able to enjoy Priority Entry
when you purchase your tickets directly from their website. This means that you'll get early entry (from 12PM-2PM) and enjoy exclusive meet-and-greet sessions as well as an advantage when rides open at 2PM!
P.S. Do note that the adjusted admission rates are only valid for Singapore Residents with a valid IC, birth certificate, work permit or student pass that have been issued by the Singapore government.
3. I already have a USS pass or an open ticket. What should I do?
If you're an Annual or Season Pass holder or you have the following types of passes or tickets, you'll have to make reservations before visiting USS:
- Tickets with no fixed dates (e.g. valid from 1 July to 30 September)
- Tickets purchased before 30 June 2020, with date of visit from 6 April 2020
- Annual or Season Pass Tickets with no fixed dates (e.g. valid from 1 July to 30 September)
- Annual or Season Pass Tickets purchased before 30 June 2020, with date of visit from 6 April 2020
- Annual or Season Pass collection slips
- Season Pass (physical or e-Card)
You can make your reservations through this link
. Do note that reservations for each day are limited and on a first-come-first-serve basis. If you've already purchased your ticket from the website (from 30 June onwards), you don't have to make a reservation.
For those with passes or open tickets, you can still purchase the Priority Entry Special for $9 from the reservation page.
4. Precautionary measures are in place
As with measures at restaurants and dining out, there will be hygiene and precautionary measures to ensure that your safe visit to USS. Here are some of them:
Credit: Resorts World Sentosa If you're not sure what to do, don't worry! Safe Distancing Ambassadors will be around to assist you
- You'll need to wear a mask
- You'll need to check in and out using SafeEntry
- You'll need to have your temperature screened before entering attractions and restaurants
- For rides, you'll be issued tickets with timed entry and seated at least 1-metre apart. Riders who come in a group can be seated together (up to a maximum of 5!)
with anything. There will also be plenty of signs and floor markers to guide you.
You can refer to RWS' Safe Management Measures
to find out more about enhanced cleaning and other measures.
5. Extension of memberships for Annual and Season Passholders!
If you're an Annual or Season Pass holder, good news! Your membership will be extended based on the duration that USS has been closed. Here are some things to take note of:
- Holding a physical card? Your pass will automatically be extended and no action is required on your part
- Haven't collected your pass? An e-card will be sent to you via email when it's ready
- If your pass expires from 6 April 2020 onwards, you will be eligible for an extension
Do note that all sales and renewal of Annual and Season Passes are temporarily suspended until further notice. Check out the updated terms and conditions for passes here
6. Halal food options and prayer room at USS
For halal food options and information about the prayer room at USS, do check out our Muslim-friendly guides on USS and RWS:
Note: We've reached out to RWS to ask about the reopening
of halal food options and prayer room at USS but we've yet to receive a reply. We'll update this article when we get the information. In the meantime, do check out the RWS website for updates
Now that you have this useful information, you're ready to visit USS! Time to SHARE this with your loved ones and start planning your weekends. Do remember to stay safe 😊
P.S. Gardens By The Bay is reopening too! Check out what you should look out for in our article