7 Quick & Easy Halal Recipes For Hall
1. Hassleback Tomato ClubsA little unconventional for a hall meal but we promise you, they’re incredibly worth it. Recommended by tasteofhome.com, these Hassleback Tomato Clubs are both nutritious and delicious. Plus, no cooking is required! Ingredients needed:
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese (or any cheese, if you’re on a budget!)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ½ medium rip avocado
- Cracked pepper
- Cut 4 slices in each tomato crosswise, but leave the bottom intact.
- Fill each slice with cheese, lettuce, avocado and sprinkle some pepper.
2. Chia Protein Mousse
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (@heidihealthh recommends vanilla protein powder!)
- ½ Cup Chocolate Milk
- Shake it all together
- Leave it in the fridge overnight
3. Chocolate Banana Oats
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ small banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp Nutella (or any chocolate spread of your choice)
- Place rolled oats, ½ cup water and pinch of salt into a jar
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- In the morning, add banana and Nutella
4. Apple Nachos
- 1 Apple
- 1 tbsp Peanutbutter
- A sprinkle of Chocolate Chips
- A dash of Cinnamon
- A slice of Lemon (optional)
- Cut the apples into thin slices
- Drizzle with lemon juice (optional, but it keeps the apples from browning too much!)
- Top with peanut butter, chocolate chips and cinnamon.
5. Instant Porridge
- Instant Porridge
- Hot water
- Pour hot water into a cup of instant porridge and wait for it to cook.
- In the meantime, cut up some fruits of your choice.
- Put the two together once the porridge has cooked.
6. Sushi SandwichSushi sometimes takes quite a bit of work but this might just be the perfect sushi hack! Made with all the same ingredients without the need to roll it up, the sushi sandwich is a fast and easy way to get the same taste of sushi without the hassle.
- Seaweed Sheets
- Cooked or Instant Sushi Rice
- Your choice of protein (optional, it’s really hard to get cooked protein in hall!)
- Avocado & carrots (or your choice of vegetables!)
- Sriracha mayonnaise
- Cut the seaweed sheet from the middle of a side all the way up to the middle.
- Add each ingredient into four different squares
- Fold one square up at a time.
7. Blueberry Smoothie BowlBest for breakfast, this smoothie bowl is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth. You might need a portable blender for this, though. It’s small and easy to store - but works just as well as a regular blender for this recipe! This recipe from @bowlsfullofhappiness on Instagram is surprisingly filling, and the amount of fruits jampacked into it means you’ll have enough energy to last the day.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 pear
- 2 dates
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- A splash of yoghurt
- Throw everything into the blender.
- Blend it!