New Zealand travel update - how will borders open?While there are no talks of a New Zealand travel bubble with Singapore or Malaysia yet, this update is a huge step for New Zealand as it has closed its borders for almost 18 months due to Covid-19. Previously, New Zealand only had a Trans-Tasman bubble with Australia but that has currently been suspended.
- Low-risk: Can travel quarantine-free
- Medium- and high-risk: Will have to go through quarantine measures such as self-isolation or 14-days quarantine
Which destinations are considered low-risk for New Zealand?Currently, New Zealand has not mentioned which countries are deemed as low-risk. However, New Zealand news site Stuff predicts that Australia, Hong Kong and Taiwan are some of the places that could be on this list. New Zealand has plans to resume its travel bubble with Australia when it's safe to do so while Hong Kong and Taiwan have managed to keep their number of Covid cases down. You might be wondering, "what about Singapore?" In June 2021, New Zealand's Trade Minister Damien O'Connor said that a travel bubble with Singapore "would be logical". Travellers from New Zealand are also able to visit Singapore under the Air Travel Pass (ATP).
- 14 Breathtaking Spots In New Zealand That Are Out Of This World
- New Zealand for First-Timers: 9 Essential Tips For A Getaway
- 8D7N New Zealand South Island Itinerary