At some point in our lives, we've all eaten chocolate chip cookies. But have you ever had ones as large as the size of your fists? Well, we're here to tell you that they exist! Located in several locations across New York City, Levain Bakery is famous for their gigantic cookies that are perfectly crispy on the outside with an amazingly gooey chocolate-filled centre ? While we would love to jump on a plane to New York right now to savour them ourselves, we'll have to put that idea on hold for the time being. So, the next best thing is to bake these monstrous cookies! That's right - with this easy recipe, get ready to create some of the best (and largest) chocolate chip cookies at home.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ tsp tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- In a mixing bowl, whisk butter, brown sugar and white granulated sugar together until creamy.
- Add egg and mix well. Stir in sifted flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt until just combined. Make sure to not overmix.
- At the end, stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pop the dough in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, divide it into 5 equal portions and transfer them into the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C
- Pop the cookies into the oven and bake them for about 15 to 20 minutes until the top is golden brown and slightly cracked.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. This is important so that you get cookies that are crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside.
- Enjoy your cookies with a glass of cold milk!
With just one whiff and one bite out of these heavenly chocolate chip cookies, you'll never see the regular ones the same way again ?
Looking to unleash your inner baker? Check out these recipes:
- Easy Scone Recipe: The Classic English Treat You Need To Bake
- Easy Halal Pavlova Recipe: The Gorgeous Dessert To Make For Any Special Occasion
- Japanese Cheesecake Recipe: Make This Irresistibly Light & Fluffy Dessert