Whenever you're in need of a good dose of comfort food, Korean cuisine has some of the best dishes to turn to. Whether it's a bowl of tteokbokki
or a pot of jjamppong
, the usual suspects typically have spicy rice cakes or instant noodles in them. In fact, there happens to be a dish that combines the best of both worlds and that's rabokki! Spicy, savoury and addictive all at once, this is the ultimate comfort food that you can and should be making at home. So with this halal rabokki recipe, let's get to cooking 😄
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp Gochujang
- 1 tbsp Gochugaru
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup fish cake, cut into bite size
- ¾ cup cabbage, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup carrot, shredded
- 1 package instant ramen noodles
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- In a large pot or wok, add chicken stock, Gochujang, Gochugaru, soy sauce and sugar. Stir everything until the sugar and Gochujang has completely dissolved. Then, bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
- Add fish cake, cabbage, green onion and carrot. Bringeverything back to a boil once more and let it boil for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add instant noodles and hard boiled eggs. Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Once noodles are cooked through, turn off the heat and garnish with sesame seeds (if using). Serve and enjoy!
Whether you need halal rabokki for a rainy day or just a perfectly savoury meal to satisfy your stomach, you can rest easy knowing that you have this recipe to make 😁