1. Dotty's Pastries & CoffeeCredit: Dotty's Pastries & Coffee on Facebook A familiar name in TTDI's cafe scene, Dotty's Pastries & Coffee has been around since 2016 and best known for their delicious pastries and various artisanal bread. Hence, it's not a surprise to find a fully-packed cafe on weekends! Keep an eye out for their Country White Loaf, Multigrain Loaf, Brioche Loaf, mini Baguette and more that are perfect for sandwiches or even eaten on its own. Credit: Dotty's Pastries & Coffee on FacebookFingers crossed that you'll spot their best-selling delicacies such as salted egg yolk cronuts because their pastry menu changes daily. Make sure to check their Facebook page to see if they're selling berry cheese brownie, applecrumble, chocolate croissant or caramel doughnut that day.Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Open daily; 8.30AM-8PM Address: 20-G, Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 2, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur Website | Facebook | Instagram
2. White Brick OvenCredit: White Brick Oven Dot Com on Facebook White Brick Oven's location may be remote to be considered to be in KL, but it's a great addition to anyone who enjoys freshly-baked bread and baked goods. Husband and wife Mustapha and Mardia are the dynamic duo behind this restaurant that is tucked away in Sungai Buloh. Set in a charmingly rustic and cosy place, the name of the restaurant was inspired by the brick oven that Mustapha built and used to make trays of delicious goods. Credit: White Brick Oven Dot Com on Facebook Specialising in bread, White Brick Oven bakes everything from scratch and you can tell from the freshness of its sourdough, loaf, bagels, croissants and pastries. To cater to the needs of their customers, they only serve vegetarian fare. Delivering every Tuesday and Thursday, it's best to place your order before 4PM on Monday and Wednesday to secure next-day delivery. Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Tue-Thu & Sat-Sun; 9AM-5PM(closed on Monday and Friday)Address: Jalan Gajah 14, Kampung Kubu Gajah, 47000 Sungai Buloh, Selangor Contact: +6011-1106 2368 Website | Facebook | Instagram
3. The Bread ShopCredit: The Bread Shop on Facebook Situated in Bukit Damansara, there's a reason why The Bread Shop is the next pastry paradise you should know about. Founded by owner Peng Merican, the idea for The Bread Shop was first started by her husband, Kamil Merican who owns an architectural firm in the same area. The moment they established their bakery in 2009, there's no stopping since! Credit: The Bread Shop on Facebook Specialising in bread loaf and free form bread, do ask The Bread Shop if they're selling wholemeal walnut, sourdough, basil roll, small ciabatta, wholemeal soft roll, milk loaf or Broom Bread before you pick it up from the bakery. You might also find freshly-baked quiches, scones, hot cross buns, and sausage cheese roll, and the menu is updated on their Facebook page on a weekly basis. Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Tue-Fri; 8AM-7PM, Sat-Sun; 8AM-6PM (closed on Monday) Address: 11, Jalan Setiakasih 5, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur Contact: +60197460691 Facebook | Instagram
4. The Hyacinth CafeCredit:The Hyacinth Cafe on Facebook The Hyacinth Cafe is the bakery opened by beloved lawyer-turned-baker Yani Othman (@thekitchenguardian). While originally starting off as a small business from home, the popularity of her baked goodies grew by leaps and bounds and she was able to open The Hyacinth Cafe (which includes a studio for baking classes!) in Desa Melawati. Credit: The Hyacinth Cafe on Facebook There's simply no end to the list of sweet offerings at the cafe. Their baked goods are updated daily on their Facebook page, so make sure to treat yourself to some sourdough loaf, sea salt brownies, soft choc cookies, pandan gula melaka cake, and lemon drizzle loaf. Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Mon-Sat; 12PM-6PM (closed on Sunday) Address: Taman Desa Melawati, 53100 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Contact: +603-4162 9608 Facebook | Instagram
5. Cake Jalan TiungCredit: Cake Jalan Tiung on FacebookSituated in Shah Alam, Cake Jalan Tiung serves an array of cakes, tarts and cookies that will have the locals ready with their tiny forks. Founded by a husband-and-wife duo, Cake Jalan Tiung was Hidzad and Shafinaz's leap of faith from the corporate world to the world of cakes.Credit: Cake Jalan Tiung on Facebook With a weekly rotating menu, make sure to get the latest updates from their Instagram page! For this week - 15th September till 20th September - you can look forward to chocolate mint, salted caramel choc, cream cheese garlic bread, milk bread loaf, sourdough loaf and more. So get your taste buds ready for wonderland of desserts. To read more about them, check out this article! Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: - Seksyen 9: Tue-Sun; 12PM-6PM (closed on Monday - closed during MCO) - Seksyen 4: Fri-Wed; 11AM-7PM (closed on Thursday) Address: - Seksyen 9: 31, Jalan Tengku Ampuan Zabedah J 9/J, Seksyen 9, Shah Alam, Selangor (closed during MCO) - Seksyen 4: 9, Jalan Sukun 4/7, Seksyen 4, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor Contact: +6012-8787258 Facebook | Instagram
6. Apron FoolsCredit: Apron Fools on FacebookCome to Subang Jaya and pick up some delectable goodies from Apron Fools. Best known for good ol' comforting treats such as Lemon Crumb Loaf and Carrot Walnut cake, and also other stunners like Speculoos Biscoff cake and Vanilla Funfetti cake, there's no better place to treat yourself! If you're looking for bread, Apron Fools also makes whitemilk bread loaf for you to enjoy at home. Credit: Apron Fools on Facebook When it comes to cupcakes, baked goods and cakes, the selections change from time to time. Just like the other bakeries in the list, it's best to check their social media pages for the latest selections. Whether it's Earl Grey Tealightful cupcakes, Southern Butter Cake or Pineapple Upside Down cake, you can have it delivered to your home or pick-up from the bakery itself. Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Mon-Sun; 12AM-7PM Address: 27, Jalan USJ 2/2c, 47620 Subang Jaya, Selangor Contact: +603-8011 0666 Facebook | Instagram
7. ProvisionsProvisions is more than just another artisanal bakery. Inspired by the bakeries in California and the markets in Melbourne, this Petaling Jaya establishment serves bread, sandwiches and baked goods for anyone who enjoys it.They offer a take away menu so you can conveniently enjoy their baked goods in the comfort of your home. Browse the baked selections and you'll find wholemeal sourdough, walnut raisin, cinnamon bun, butter cake, and banana loaf. Do note that the bakery does close from time to time. We recommend sending your orders via WhatsApp to check if the selections are availablefor the day. For whole butter cakes and banana loaves, you need to place your order 24 hours in advance.Halal status: All meats and ingredients are sourced from halal-certified suppliers Opening hours: Tue-Sun; 9AM-8PM Address: 49, Jalan SS 22/23, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Contact: +603-7731 7971 Facebook | Instagram
8. Croisserie Artisan BakeryYou can never say no to desserts and pastries. Although Klang Valley is home to many delicious bakeries, Croisserie is one of many places that top our list! From chouxalacream to canale and quiche, this place has almost everything for everyone. 🤤 For bread, you can place your order for butter roll, baguette, wholemeal, and croissant in advance. If you're craving for cakes, there's fruit flan, chocolate cherry, lemon tart and other flavours too. Halal status: All meats and ingredients are sourced from halal-certified suppliers Opening hours: Open daily; 8AM-8PM Address: No. 14, Jalan Medan Setia 2, Plaza Damansara, Kuala Lumpur Contact: +603-2011 3727 / +6012-564 4154 Website| Facebook | InstagramWhether you're looking for freshly-baked bread to be delivered to your home or picking up decadent cakes, you can surely find a bakery that tickles your fancy. While you'reat it, let's do our best to support our local bakeries wherever you may be.