Had enough Almond Chocolate
for Raya and ready to move onto the next chocolate treat? It's time to enjoy kek batik! While this decadent treat can be enjoyed all-year round, you'll see it around more often during the festive season! Perfectly chocolatey and rich, the best part about kek batik (besides eating it, of course) is that it's a no-bake cake! With no reason not to make it, jump right into the recipe and let's get started ?
- 1 small can of condensed milk
- 1 ¾ cups chocolate milk powder
- ⅔ cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 250 to 300 grams Marie Biscuits
- In a ziploc bag, crush the biscuits into small pieces (you can use your hands or a rolling pin to do this). Set aside for further use.
- Using a cake pan (any shape will do), grease with butter.
- In a pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add condensed milk and chocolate milk powder, stir to combine.
- Add eggs and stir continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Add vanilla essence and continue stirring till well-combined.
- Put in the crushed biscuits and stir gently to avoid further crushing the biscuits. Once they've been thoroughly coated, pour the mixture into the greased cake pan and smoothen out the top.
- Leave the cake to cool completely. Then, refrigerate overnight.
For more kuih raya recipes, check these out: