1. CardioThere's no better way to kick off this list than a good old-fashioned cardio workout. Though you may not have access to a treadmill, an elliptical or go outside for a jog due to the current state of the world, you'll still be able to do plenty of cardio-based exercises at home. The team at HHWT are big fans of FitnessBlender and Blogilates videos - both popular YouTube channels that offer many short workouts ranging from beginner to more advanced routines. So, you'll be guaranteed to find something that will suit your fitness level. Looking to challenge yourself? Use household items such as laundry detergent and water bottles that double up as weights. If you don’t have those at home, then simply opt for the no-equipment workout videos that'll still have you working up a sweat. P.S. Sneak in these 8 ways to keep fit and healthy in your daily routine while you're at home.
2. YogaAlthough yoga may seem like a mellow workout, it can be just as effective as any other physical activity. Just turn to Yoga With Adriene's videos where you'll find various kinds of yoga from as little as 5 minutes all the way up through 90 minutes. Whether you want to just stretch out your stiff muscles, gain more flexibility, or build core strength, this type of workout is the answer that you're looking for. Beyond getting health benefits like lowering the risk for heart disease and reduce chronic pain, practicing yoga is also a great way to relax and calm the mind. Other amazing yoga YouTubers you can check out are PsycheTruth (also a forum for medical professionals and other experts to share healthcare knowledge), SarahBethYoga (yoga for beginners, prenatal and more) and Fightmaster Yoga (yoga practices that focus on happiness, mental and physical health). P.S. Did you know that working out is one of the 8 tips to boost your immunity during the coronavirus outbreak?
3. ZumbaUnleash your inner dancer with a fun Zumba workout 😃 Traditionally using signature Latin and salsa-style music, this is a great option for anyone looking to spice things up in their daily exercise routine! Nowadays, many fitness programs include pop songs that's been remixed to fit the tone and genre of Zumba. So, warm up your dancing feet as you move to the rhythm and beat of upbeat music. Outside of Zumba, there are other exciting dance workouts you should check out like The Fitness Marshall where you get to groove to songs by Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Dua Lipa and more! Most videos on the channel run less than 5 minutes, so pick a few songs to dance to for a longer workout session 😁
4. BoxingIf you love films like Rocky, Creed and Million Dollar Baby, then why not try boxing as your next workout at home? It's the perfect way to let out any kind of stress or worries you have. Plus, it improves your coordination and truthfully, it feels pretty cool when you're doing quick shuffles in between jabs and crosses. POPSUGAR Fitness's boxing workout video proves that you don't need gloves or gym equipments to be able to box. No, your siblings don't count as punching bags but they can make great workout partners for this kind of blood-pumping workout session. P.S. After a workout, fuel your energy with these 10 healthy and delicious recipes you can whip up at home.
5. K-pop danceAre you a long-time fan of K-pop? Then a K-pop dance workout should be right up your alley! The best part about this kind of exercise is that it hardly feels like a workout since you'll be busy dancing away to your favourite artists' songs. On top of that, there's no set routine to doing this type of exercise because when it comes to dancing, there are no hard rules. So, move as much or as little as you want, as long as you keep your heart rate up and have fun while doing it 😄 However, if you prefer to have some type of guide throughout the workout, you can always follow the video above or Emi Wong's K-pop cardio workout . She also has other shorter videos that you can easily do back-to-back to achieve the full 15-minute exercise session.
6. WalkWalking is one of the easiest workouts you can perform and you don't even need to step outdoors to do it. As basic as it may be, an exercise is an exercise and any form of movement that's increasing your heart rate (even if the slightest) should be encouraged 🙂 With Lucy Wyndham-Read's workout, you won't just be walking in place for the whole 15 minutes. She has also included a few simple cardio movements in between like side steps, high knees and butt kickers. Besides that, the video provides several health tips that you can learn from and maybe even incorporate into your lifestyle.
7. BarreA combination of cardio and strength training, barre workouts look deceptively easy but your muscles will definitely feel the burn by the end of the 15-minute session 😉 While the movements are generally simple enough to execute, you'll get the most out of this type of workout when you fully concentrate on holding your body still while contracting specific set of muscles. Combined with high reps of small range-of-motion movements, this is a surefire way to get an effective workout within a short amount of time. While this type of exercise typically calls for a barre (a stationary handrail like those used by ballet dancers), you can easily use the back of a chair, the horizontal section of the stair railing or any other secure surfaces with an edge in your home. P.S. Besides working out, keep your health in check with these 9 immunity boosting foods that you should add to your meals.
8. PilatesWe've all heard of the word 'Pilates' at point or another but what exactly is it? To put it simply, it is a form of low-impact exercise that aims to strengthen muscles while improving posture, flexibility and mobility. It involves slow, precise movements and control breathing which makes it a splendid workout if you're not into vigorous exercises. You can do Pilates as a standalone exercise or as an addition to your existing workout routine. Whichever you choose, you can guarantee to feel a burn throughout the routine and experience soreness the day after (the gratifying kind 😉). While we love turning to FitnessBlender for their various Pilates workout videos, you can also check out routines from Boho Beautiful, Bailey Brown and Well+Good . Now that you've got these 8 easy and short workouts to choose from, it's time to pencil in your 15 minutes of physical activity for the day, throw on your workout clothes and get to exercising 💪