[Updated on 2 June 2021]
Malaysians are going through some tough times during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we're staying home and practising social distancing, you might be wondering where to take a COVID-19 test in Perlis? If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or planning to take a COVID-19 test for work or travel purposes, here's where you should go.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory infection that has been declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the World Health Organisation (WHO). According to Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia
(Ministry of Health Malaysia), these are the common symptoms of COVID-19.
- Dry cough
- Aches and pains
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Can I visit any hospital if I'm showing symptoms of COVID-19?
According to Malay Mail
, you need to be classified as a case before you can take a COVID-19 test in a screening hospital in Perlis. You need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Sporadic case: A patient who tested positive for COVID-19 but has not travelled to any foreign country nor in close contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days before the start of the illness.
- PUI (Patient Under Investigation): A patient with acute respiratory infection (shortness of breath, cough or sore throat)with or without fever. This patient also travelled to a foreign country, in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or attended an event associated with a known COVID-19 outbreak within 14 days before the start of the illness
- Contact: A patient who is a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 patient
If you're not classified as a 'case' but would like to undergo a COVID-19 screening for work, travel or other purposes, we've also listed some options for you.
Where can I take a COVID-19 test in Perlis?
A) If you're classified as a 'case' and need to undergo a COVID-19 screening
Credit: Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia on Facebook
In February 2020, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of designated hospitals that are tasked for COVID-19 screenings and managing patients with COVID-19. If you're living outside of Perlis, you can refer to the full list here
Do note that you need to be classified as a 'case' (a sporadic case, PUI or contact) before visiting the following hospitals.
Screening hospital in Perlis
Admitting hospital in Perlis (for PUI and confirmed COVID-19 cases)
- Hospital Tuanku Fauziah, Kangar
- Hospital Tuanku Fauziah, Kangar
B) If you're not classified as a 'case' but want to undergo a COVID-19 screening
If you're not showing any symptoms of COVID-19 but are required to take a COVID-19 test in Perlis for work, travel and other purposes, you can reach out to the private
medical providers. On 28 May 2021, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of private clinics and hospitals that are authorised to perform COVID-19 screenings. If you're living outside of Perlis, click here for a full list ofregistered clinics and hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Malaysia
: The following list was last updated on 28 May 2021
by the Ministry of Health Malaysia. Since the list is updated from time to time, we recommend checking their website
in advance before your visit.
Private clinic for COVID-19 tests in Perlis
Private hospital for COVID-19 tests in Perlis
- Annura Clinic Medical & Surgery, Taman Putra Utama
- KPJ Perlis Specialist Hospital (Hospital Pakar KPJ Perlis), Pengkalan Asam
While we're doing our part by staying home and practising social distancing, we hope this list of places to get a COVID-19 test in Perlis will be helpful to those who need them. For more ways to stay safe during the pandemic, check out our recommended reads below.