[Updated on 1 June 2021]
Malaysians are going through some tough times during the COVID-19 pandemic. While we're staying home and practising social distancing, you might be wondering where to take a COVID-19 test in Pahang? If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or planning to take a COVID-19 test for work or travel purposes, here's where you should go.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a respiratory infection that has been declared as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the World Health Organisation (WHO). According to Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia
(Ministry of Health Malaysia), these are the common symptoms of COVID-19.
Common symptomsOther symptoms
- Aches and pains
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Can I visit any hospital if I'm showing symptoms of COVID-19?
According to Malay Mail
, you need to be classified as a case before you can take a COVID-19 test in a screening hospital in Pahang. You need to fulfil the following criteria:
- Sporadic case: A patient who tested positive for COVID-19 but has not travelled to any foreign country nor in close contact with a COVID-19 patient within 14 days before the start of the illness.
- PUI (Patient Under Investigation): A patient with acute respiratory infection (shortness of breath, cough or sore throat) with or without fever. This patient also travelled to a foreign country, in close contact with a COVID-19 patient or attended an event associated with a known COVID-19 outbreak within 14 days before the start of the illness
- Contact: A patient who is a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 patient
If you're not classified as a 'case' but would like to undergo a COVID-19 screening for work, travel or other purposes, we've also listed some options for you.
Where can I take a COVID-19 test in Pahang?
A) If you're classified as a 'case' and need to undergo a COVID-19 screeningCredit: Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia on Facebook
In February 2020, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of designated hospitals that are tasked for COVID-19 screenings and managing patients with COVID-19. If you're living outside of Pahang, you can refer to the full list here
Do note that you need to be classified as a 'case' (a sporadic case, PUI or contact) before visiting the following hospitals.
Screening hospitals in Pahang
Admitting hospital in Pahang (for PUI and confirmed COVID-19 cases)
- Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan, Kuantan
- Hospital Sultan Hj Ahmad Shah, Temerloh
- Hospital Kuala Lipis
- Hospital Tengku Ampuan Afzan, Kuantan
B) If you're not classified as a 'case' but want to undergo a COVID-19 screening
If you're not showing any symptoms of COVID-19 but are required to take a COVID-19 test in Pahang for work, travel and other purposes, you can reach out to the private medical providers. On 28 May 2021, the Ministry of Health Malaysia released a list of private clinics and hospitals that are authorised to perform COVID-19 screenings. If you're living outside of Pahang, click here for a full list of registered private clinics and hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Malaysia
: The following list was last updated on 28 May 2021
by the Ministry of Health Malaysia. Since the list is updated from time to time, we recommend checkingtheir website
in advance before your visit.
Private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Pahang
Private hospitals for COVID-19 tests in Pahang
- Klinik Famili, Jalan Bukit Sekilau
- Klinik Syed Badaruddin, Pusat Perkhidmatan Balok
- Poliklinik AR Razi Perubatan & X-Ray, Pusat Komersial Balok
- Poliklinik Abi Cawangan Tanjung Lumpur, Lorong Peramu Aman 30
- Poliklinik AR Razi Perubatan & X-Ray, Lorong Peramu Permai 1
- Poliklinik AR Razi Perubatan & X-Ray, Sg Isap Aman
- Prime Medical Klinik, Jalan Haji Ahmad
- Poliklinik Damai, Jalan Chui Yin
- Poliklinik Highland, Jalan Boulevard 1
- Klinik Zara, Jalan Gemilang
- Klinik Chung, Lipis Centre Point
- Klinik Sulaiman, Jalan Pak Sako 4
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Ah Peng
- Tan Yan Yew Medical Specialist Sdn Bhd, Jalan Dato Lim Hoe Lek
- BP Diagnostik, Jalan Berserah
- BP Diagnostic, Jalan Temerloh
- Klinik Ridan, Medan Mewah
- Poliklinik Makmur, Kampung Baru Sungai Karang
- Poliklinik AR Razi Perubatan & X-Ray, Lorong Sri Mahkota Aman 3
- Qualitas Health Ananda Klinik, Jalan Stadium
- Klinik HS Medikal Perubatan Dan Surgeri, Lorong Balok Perdana 3/1
- Klinik Azzahra, Jalan Cherating Indah 1
- Klinik Al-Farabi, Pusat Komersil Transit
- Klinik Wong, Brinchang
- Klinik Safeeya, Lorong Sungai Karang Darat 12/1
- Klinik Kiru, Jalan Besar
- Poliklinik Shukri & Rakan-Rakan, Lorong IM 8/33
- Imperial Mediclinic, Pusat Perniagaan Corina
- Klinik Sulaiman, Nadi Kota
- U.n.i Klinik, Lorong IM 2/68
- Klinik Primamedik, Jalan Seri Chengal 1
- Klinik Dr Mahmud, Jalan Pine 1
- Poliklinik Medilife Kuantan, Jalan Haji Ahmad
- Ar Razi OHS Clinic, Jalan Putra Square 1
- Klinik Mukmin, Bangunan LKNP
- Klinik Keluarga C.C Leow, Jalan Loke Yew
- Poliklinik Annur Cahaya (24 Jam), Jalan Chengal 2
- Klinik Relyon Bestari, Pusat Latihan Keselamatan
- Klinik Feisal, Jalan Tanjung Gemuk 1
- MY Health Clinic, Jalan Dato Wong Ah Jang
- Click here for a full list of registered private clinics for COVID-19 tests in Pahang.
- KPJ Pahang Specialist, Tanjung Lumpur
- Pahang Medical Centre, Wisma MUIP
- Kuantan Medical Centre, Jalan Tun Razak
- Darul Makmur Medical Centre Sdn Bhd, Jalan Kempadang Makmur
- IIUM Medical Specialist Centre (IMSC), International Islamic University Malaysia
While we're doing our part by staying home and practising social distancing, we hope this list of places to get a COVID-19 test in Pahang will be helpful to those who need them. For more ways to stay safe during the pandemic, check out our recommended reads below.