The year-end school holidays are here and for all you parents out there, it means bonding time with your kids!
Not going on a vacation at these 10 awesome destinations
or braving the crowd at these activities happening in Singapore this Decembe
r? We've got a perfect idea that you and your kids can do together at home: bake cinnamon rolls!
It's easy to make, it's a fun experience for everyone and at the end of the day, you'd have some yummy treats to share with the family ? So, if you're ready to bake some cinnamon rolls, here's the only recipe you'll need!
P.S. With KENWOOD's CHEF XL KVL8300s mixer
, baking your cinnamon rolls will be a breeze ? If you purchase the mixer now (sale price: $1199), you'll get a free Kenwood Black Jewel Mesmerine Kettle (worth $149)!
Cinnamon sugar filling
- 250g bread flour
- 55g sugar
- 45g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 125 milk
- Butter, just enough to cover the rolled out dough
- 50g white sugar
- 55g brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 80g cream cheese
- 40g butter
- Pinch of salt
- 115g icing sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Cream all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Mix the ingredients altogether. Avoid direct contact of the salt and yeast together.
- Mix and knead in the mixer for about 8-10 mins. Start with slow speed for the first 2 minutes, then increase the speed to medium for the next 4 minutes. Go at high speed for the last 2 minutes. The dough should be smooth and not stick to the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, lightly brush some oil and put the dough into the oiled bowl and cover. Let the dough rest for 1h 15 min or until the dough is almost double in volume.
- Roll out the dough onto a well-floured surface.
- Spread butter, sugar and cinnamon powder. Roll tightly and cut into 8-10 pieces.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes at 175 degrees celsius.
- Cool it down and drizzle the glaze over the buns.
The KENWOOD's CHEF XL KVL8300s mixer has an electronic speed control so you can set it to a precise speed especially when you're mixing and kneading the dough. Not to mention that the mixer comes with a set of bowl tools like the durable K-Beater, Power
Whisk and Spiral Dough Hook. So, rest assured your dough will be thoroughly mixed!
And voila, your cinnamon rolls are done! All that's left to do is to bite into the fluffy treats and enjoy them ? It'll be even more satisfying for you and your kids as you'll get to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
The year-end holidays are always a great time for family bonding and baking is perfect if you're looking to do something different. What's more, if you're deciding on a reliable appliance for your baking needs, look no further than KENWOOD's high-quality mixers. You know your bakes will be in good hands!
KENWOOD is currently having a year-end deal
(till 26 Jan 2020!) Seems like the perfect time to purchase their mixers, ovens and other home appliances! Buy the KENWOOD's CHEF XL KVL8300s mixer
(sale price: $1199) and get a free KENWOOD Black Jewel Mesmerine Kettle (worth $149)
This article is brought to you by KENWOOD.