[Updated 21 August 2020]
If you're planning a romantic getaway with your spouse, there are many nature and beach resorts in Malaysia where you can build your holiday’s love nest. Whether you’re heading for a staycation in Kuala Lumpur or a weekend road trip to Penang, here are some of the gorgeous accommodations in Malaysia where you and your spouse can spend the day together 😉Disclaimer: All nightly rates are based on a search in August 2020 (for 2 adults) for booking periods between October and November 2020. Prices are subject to changes especially during peak travel periods and over weekends. We recommend that you do a search before booking.
1. Villa Samadhi, Kuala Lumpur
Smacked in the heart of Kuala Lumpur is a love nest named Villa Samadhi. A luxurious retreat fronted by a free-form swimming pool, this is where city couples go when they need a break from the energetic city of Kuala Lumpur.
Credit: Villa Samadhi Kuala Lumpur on FacebookThere are five room categories to choose from, but our favourite is the Loft. Dubbed as the honeymoon suite at Villa Samadhi, lovebirds will appreciate the private outdoor plunge pool that overlooks the city's skyline. Coupled with a king-size bed, rain shower and veranda, you can also cosy up with your significant other by the Lagoon for an afternoon of relaxation. Another favourite is the Sarang that comes with a lovely living area, a private kitchenette and indoor Jacuzzi.
2. Mangala Resort & Spa, Pahang
Mangala Resort & Spa sure knows how to make couples feel right at home in the middle of a tropical jungle. Situated in Kuantan, this luxurious resort is occupied by various villa accommodations. For couples who love to have their own private pool, check for Vana Villa and Vana Suite’s availability.
Aside from the tranquillity and solitude, the villas are kitted out with comfortable beds, private verandas and living areas. With a choice of lake or forest views to admire, you definitely have a reason to wake up early for breakfast for two 😌
3. Cameron Highlands Resort, Pahang
Couples make their trip to Cameron Highlands for its fresh breeze and green landscape. If you need a place to stay, there’s no better place like Cameron Highlands Resort. Thoughtfully furnished with elegant colonial design and bespoke furniture, you’ll love the length the resort goes to, to make you and your partner feel comfortable.
There are many things you can do to seal the couple’s experience at this resort. Whether you opt for an afternoon tea experience, a three-hour Cameron Highlands leisure trail or a nocturnal jungle trekking adventure, it'll be a fun trip for nature-appreciating love birds 🌴
4. Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa, Sarawak
For the adventurous duo that plans to explore Gunung Mulu National Park, consider a night’s stay at the Mulu Marriott Resort & Spa. A five-star resort that is equipped with the finest service and amenities, it's a delight to wake up to the sounds of birds chirping and rustling trees every morning 😎
Splurge away on their Riverside suites that are equipped with a king-size bed, a lovely bathtub and a scenic outdoor deck. Their spa is also designed with private treatment rooms for an afternoon of private couple’s massage and facials.
Rate: Starts at RM490 on Agoda
Address: Sungai Melinau, PO Box 1145, 98008 Mulu, Sarawak
Website | Facebook | Instagram
5. Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa, Sabah
With Gaya Island as its home, the Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa is a Sabahan paradise that we hope will be seen by many. A favourite among couples near and far, it's the relaxing and enchanting atmosphere that keeps love birds coming.
There are many rooms that are perfect for two, but our hearts beckon for a stay in their villa that comes with a private pool. It's also designed with its very own sun deck, so you and your lover can enjoy the natural sea breeze any time of the day.Rate: Starts at RM1,131 on Agoda Address: Polish Bay, Gaya Island, Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah Website | Facebook | Instagram
6. Vivanta Langkawi, Kedah
Bathed in luxury, most of the rooms are heavenly furnished with generous space, a living area, and a full-size bathtub. Some rooms also come with a private sit-out, so you can watch the twinkling Andaman Sea or the serene garden landscape in front of you.
7. The Andaman Resort Langkawi, Kedah
For another dreamy beach getaway with your loved one, make your way to The Andaman Langkawi. Championing the idyllic tropical landscape of the island, Andaman has the best of a million-year-old rainforest and Datai Bay on both sides.
Designed with a contemporary Malaysian furnishing in mind, the well-appointed rooms at Andaman is everything you would imagine. From dark wooden floorboards to plush beds, swipe your room card and invite yourself to a space kitted out with amenities such as 24-hour room service, nightly turndown service and a large bathtub.
8. 23 LoveLane, Penang
Walk down the path to romance and spend the night at 23 LoveLane . A walking distance from Fort Cornwallis and Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, this quaint heritage hotel is a lovely stay over for honeymooners near and far.
If you’re planning to splurge, check out the one-bedroom Stewart Suite that is equipped with a kitchenette, living and dining areas, and jacuzzi. Aside from making yourself at home in their well-furnished room, you and your loved one can relax in the garden courtyard or recite the words from a Nicholas Sparks novel in the library too.
9. Malihom Retreat, Penang
Do you miss those days of waking up to the sound of chirping birds and a gentle breeze in the middle of a rainforest? Situated in Balik Pulau, make a trip to Malihom Retreat for your next visit to Penang. What makes Malihom special is their traditional Thai Lanna rice barns layout that has been converted into several one-bedroom villas.
Whether you choose a bed and breakfast or full-board option, Malihom is an enchanting place to stay. Complete with comfortable beds and en-suite bathrooms, you can also treat yourself to a traditional Malay massage, laze by the pool and join their guided walks. If you and your partner enjoy sceneries, you can share a romantic moment by catching the sunrise or sunset view from your villa ☀️
10. Pangkor Laut Resort, Perak
11. The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat, PerakNestled between lush jungles and limestone formations is the beautiful Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat - a luxurious retreat with natural geothermal hot springs 😍 Between their nature walks, tai chi, yoga, fish spa, meditation cave, and thermal steam cave, you and your spouse will be spoilt for choices with their activities. If the both of you would rather stay indoors, max out your stay at their luxurious nature-inspired villas. This tranquil and serene resort has 45 villas with 3 different types to choose from. Choose between their water villa overlooking the water canal adorned with lush greens, a lake villa that overlooks a lake, or their garden villa that comes with its very own private pool. And the best part about the villas - they all come with a private pool! Rate: Starts at RM1,379 on Agoda Address: 1, Persiaran Lagoon, Sunway 3, 31150 Ipoh, Perak Website | Facebook | Instagram
12. Philea Resort & Spa, Melaka
Bringing romance to Melaka is a beautiful place named Philea Resort & Spa. A lovely spot to slow down from the city’s rush, the Philea Resort is where you and your significant other should go to relax and unwind.
This five-star resort is kitted out with different room categories. Couples can choose the Pavilion Room or Philea Suite to stay the night. These well-appointed rooms are decked out with bespoke and antique furniture as well as standard amenities such as a comfortable bed, relaxing bathtub and television.
13. The Shorea, Negeri SembilanWhenever a trip to Seremban comes to mind, it’s natural to explore the idea of a nature getaway at The Shorea. The massive villa may top the list for a group’s getaway, but there are a number of quiet villas that are perfect for couples too 😊
Within The Shorea landscape, Villa Kemboja is one of them. Boasting privacy and a gorgeous view, it's kitted out with a king-size bed as well as a private kitchenette and barbecue area for a romantic meal for two ❤️
14. Tanjong Jara Resort, Terengganu
If Tanjong Jara Resort is a story waiting to be told, its pages will be filled with traces of sea breeze, golden sands and palm leaves 💕 A beach resort that is situated in Terengganu, this beautiful sanctuary reflects the elegance of a 17th-century Malay palace.
Book a stay in one of their rooms and you’ll be delighted by their range of amenities. Each room is kitted out with plush beds, a daybed, a large oversized bathtub and an outdoor veranda. What makes it better is the choice of sea or garden view from your window.
15. Mabul Water Bungalow, Sabah
16. The Majestic Hotel, Kuala LumpurRound up our list is an old favourite, The Majestic Hotel. Located close to KL Sentral, this historic hotel is a much-loved place for a stay in the city. The original hotel dates back to 1932 and retains its colonial touches in terms of the decor and design. The hotel is divided into the Majestic Wing (the original hotel building) as wells the newer Tower Wing, where most of the hotel's rooms are located. Everything is outfitted in a beautiful art deco style that just calls for snapshots! Besides relaxing in the luxurious surroundings, don't forget to take full advantage of the dining offerings there, from the incredible buffet spread at the Contango restaurant to their afternoon English high-tea. There's also an in-house spa if you're looking for some pampering! Rate: Starts at RM350 on their website Address: 5, Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, Tasik Perdana, 50000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur Website | Facebook | Instagram
Pampering your spouse with a romantic getaway in Malaysia is a great idea to create the best memory ever. Whether you’re planning to treat her to a staycation in Kuala Lumpur or indulge him with a beach holiday in Langkawi, a romantic holiday in Malaysia is what a couple needs every now and then 💕