If you thought that the cherry blossom frenzy is only in Japan, think again. As the blossom period comes to an end in Japan, it’s time to move on to Korea to catch these breathtaking blooms! We’ve compiled a list of the major locations where you can view these majestic blooms, all around Korea.
1. Jinhae-gu in Changwon (Cherry Blossom Festival – 1st to 10th April 2015)
Home to the world’s largest number (more than 300,000) of flowering cherry blossom trees or벚꽃 나무, Jinhae is the place to be for the grandest cherry blossom festival in Korea. Stake out Anmin Road (the naval headquarters) or Jehwangsan Park for a prime spot and you’re set for an amazing view!
2. Hadong in Changwon (Cherry Blossom Festival – 3rd to 5th April 2015)
Changwon seems to be the place to be for cherry blossoms! Hwagae Cherry Blossom Festival? We say, if you’re attached, this is the perfect place to visit. It is said that if you walk down the ’10ri Cherry Blossom Road’ (also known as ‘marriage road’) while holding hands, you will get married and stay happily together forever!
3. Seogwangro in Jeju-do (Cherry Blossom Festival – Late March)
Apart from Jeju-do’s vast oceans and fields, the island is also known for cherry blossom blooms. Consider us sold!
4. Hahoe Folk Village in Andong (Gyeongsangbuk-do)
Want to feel like you’re filming a sageuk (historical Korean drama)? You can do so amidst the pink and white cherry blossom blooms in a UNESCO World Heritage Site at Hahoe Folk Village!
5. Palgongsan in Daegu (Cherry Blossom Festival – 10th to 14th April)
If you’re in Daegu for a bit, you can also check out Keimyung University (Seongseo Campus), Duryu Park, Suseong Lake, Hwawon Resort, Eworld Amusement Park for other cherry blossom viewing sites
6. Hangang Yeouido in Seoul (Cherry Blossom Festival – 10th to 15th April 2015)
Also known as the place where you’ll meet everyone else in Seoul. Head to Yunjung-ro’s Cherry Blossom Tunnel and walk along the 5.7km path lined with 1,400 cherry blossom trees!
7. Seokchon Lake / Lotte World (Jamsil Area) in Seoul (Cherry Blossom Festival – 10th to 12th April 2015)
Cherry blossoms along with a lakeside view? Yes, please!
8. Bulguksa in Gyeongju (Cherry Blossom Festival – 5th to 13th April 2015)
Visit the UNESCO Heritage Site – Seokguram Grotto in Bulguksa Temple during the cherry blossom blooming period for that picture perfect postcard!
9. Seoul Forest 서울숲 (Seongdong-gu)in Seoul
If you’re avoiding crowds, Seoul Forest is the place to go!
10. Dream Forest (Gangbuk-gu) in Seoul
One of the more underrated spots in Seoul, Dream Forest is as its name suggests – the place to spend an idyllic day in the park admiring the blossoms.
11. Seoul Grand Park in Seoul
Make the most of your time in Seoul and catch the cherry blossoms after you visit the Seoul Grand Park Zoo!
12. Inwang Mountain 인왕산 in Seoul
Don’t forget to visit Gyeongbukgung while you’re at it! You can also catch the blossoms around the palace.
13. Children’s Grand Park 어린이대공원 in Seoul
Travelling with kids? We’ve found you the perfect place to visit!
14. Gyeryeongsan National Park in Daejeon (Chungcheongnam-do)
Fancy some hiking? Head to the Donghaksa Mountain trail during spring to catch these lovely blossoms on your hike!
15. Yudalsan유달산 in Jeollanam-do
Hiking spots are plentiful in Korea. If you’re headed towards Jeollanam-do, be sure to check out Yudalsan!
16. Seomjingang in Jeollanam-do (Cherry Blossom Festival – 4th to 5th April 2015)
17. Anyangcheon Stream in Gyeonggi-do
Around an hour away from Seoul, take a peaceful stroll along Anyangcheon and be surrounded with blossoms!
18. Namcheondong (Samik Apartment) Cherry Blossom Road in Busan
This cherry blossom street will perhaps be one of the more surprising areas to find cherry blossom trees. Be sure to drop by the famous Gwangalli Beach after!
19. Haeundae Dalmaji Road in Busan
No trip to Busan is complete without a visit to Haeundae Beach and now there’s another reason to! Dalmaji Street is definitely the most famous cherry blossoms viewing spot in Busan and we can clearly see why. If you have time to spare in Busan and can’t get enough of these pink and white blooms, check out Oncheon Stream Park, Igidae Coastal Promenade, Mt. Hwangnyeong Ring Road and Samnak Park!
20. Other notable areas around Seoul
Geumcheongu Road (Harmony Cherry Blossom Festival – 11th to 12th April 2015)
Kyunghee University’s Cherry Blossom Road
Hapjeong Cafe Street
If you’ve visited any of these locations, we would love to hear from you! Let us know what you think in the comments below and share it with your family and friends 🙂
Happy cherry blossoms viewing, everyone!
Tags: busan, changwon, cherry blossom guide, daegu, daejeon, gyeongbukgung, gyeonggido, haeundae, hallyu, han river, hangang, hanguk, jeju island, jejudo, jinhae, korea, kyunghee, lotte world, namsan, seoul, seoul tower, spring, suwon, travel guide, yeouido,