Travelling From Changi Airport To The CityBy train: If you're taking the MRT (that's what our trains are known as), you'll be able to access the train station from Terminal 2 or Terminal 3. To get to the city, make a transfer at Tanah Merah station and take the train towards Joo Koon. By bus: Bus stops are located at the basement bus bays of all terminals and you can take public bus service 36/36A to the city. Taking the bus would be slower as compared to the train but you're more likely to get a seat on the bus! By car: Hire a private car charter for your transfers to/from Changi Airport. Definitely recommended if you've early morning/late night flights! #HHWT tip: Do purchase an EZ-link card (you can purchase this from Changi Airport station) so that it'll be cheaper and more convenient for you when you travel about Singapore. This card can be used on both trains and buses! [caption id="attachment_7580" align="aligncenter" width="1000"]
Have a traditional Singaporean breakfast (1 hour)
- If your accommodation is near a hawker centre/coffee shop, have a prata (or 2!) and a cup of teh-tarik for the perfect comfort breakfast
- Alternatively, we highly recommend trying kaya toast (coconut jam spread on toast) with a side of soft-boiled eggs
Visit Gardens By The Bay (2-3 hours)
- Take a stroll through the Flower Dome (flowers and plants from the Mediterranean and semi-arid regions, with seasonal collections such as Tulips), Cloud Forest (showcases plant life) and pretend that you're in Avatar at the Supertree Grove
- If you're at the Supertree Grove at night, look out for the Garden Rhapsody light show at 7.45pm and 8.45pm daily
- It can get quite hot at the Supertree Grove so remember to put on a cap or carry an umbrella!
Visit Marina Bay Sands (2 hours)[caption id="attachment_7506" align="aligncenter" width="1000"]
- Have lunch at A Taste of Nanyang - a food court offering a wide selection of food from nasi lemak, Hainan chicken rice to nasi padang or Western food fare at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Beanstro
- Window-shop at Marina Bay Sands, one of Singapore's largest luxury shopping malls, as well as one of the most spectacular hotels in the world.
- Rest your feet and enjoy a pot of tea at TWG (Note: TWG is not halal-certified so do dine at your own discretion)
- Take a bird's eye view of Singapore's amazing city skyline from the giant observation deck on Marina Bay Sands' Skypark
- Want the best of both worlds? This Marina Bay Sands Skypark Sightseeing Pass takes you on an unlimited hop on-hop off bus ride around the city and Sentosa too!
- Note: Only hotel guests are allowed to enter Marina Bay Sands' impressive rooftop infinity pool. Breathtaking, isn't it?
Go on an adventure at the Night Safari (3 hours)
- Visit the world's first park for nocturnal animals at Night Safari - explore the walking trails, go on the guided tram ride that brings you across the 7 geographical zones of the world and don't forget the Creatures of The Night show
Have a late dinner/supper (1 hour)http://instagram.com/p/7uoT5zm-4Z/
- Depending on what you're craving for, visit Spize for some comfort food or Tang Tea House for dim sum or Chinese cuisine
- P.S. If you need more convincing, check out why Tang Tea House is one of our recommended eateries for every tourist who visits Singapore
Channel your inner adrenaline junkie at Universal Studios Singapore (5 - 6 hours)
- You'll find attractions, rides and entertainment for the whole family!
- Don't worry about going hungry because you'll find several Halal food options ?
- Choose from: Mel’s Drive-In® (Hollywood), Marty’s Casa Del Wild Food Court (Madagascar), Friar’s and Goldilocks (Far Far Away), and Oasis Spice Café (Ancient Egypt)!
Sentosa (4 - 5 hours) - If Universal Studios is not your thing, there's a wide range of activities for you to choose from!
- Meet the legendary Merlion (a half-lion half-fish mythical creature)
- Explore the marine world at S.E.A. Aquarium
- Have a splashing good time at Adventure Cove Waterpark, and don't forget to check out Southeast Asia’s first hydro-magnetic coaster too ?
- Always wanted to skydive? Experience it at iFly Singapore, the world’s largest themed wind tunnel for indoor skydiving ?
- Check out the rest of the activities available on Sentosa!
Have dinner at the nearby shopping mall and shop too (1 - 2 hours)
Chinatown (1 - 2 hours)
- Haggle at Chinatown Street Market
Credit: Alan Samuel
- Enjoy some cat therapy at The Company Of Cats
Sultan Mosque (1 hour)
- Visit the majestic Sultan Mosque, one of the most iconic mosques in Singapore
Have lunch at a cafe/ Zam Zam (1 - 2 hours)
- With so many Muslim-friendly cafes in the area to choose from, you'll be spoilt for choice. Or just cafe-hop the afternoon away :P
- Alternatively, check out Zam Zam for one of the best murtabaks in Singapore. Don't forget to wash it down with some teh-tarik (milk tea).
P.S. Enjoy special deals on your meals when you dine at selected eateries ? Sign up on our website NOW!
Bugis Street Shopping (1 - 2 hours)
- Stock up on souvenirs and some really good bargains for your family and friends back home
Little India (1 - 2 hours)
- Find just about anything under the sun at Mustafa Centre and prices are really competitive too (P.S. It's open 24/7)
- If there's still room in your tummy, have a yummy prata for teatime
Orchard Road (2 - 3 hours)
- Shop till you drop along Asia’s most famous shopping street, you'll find everything from high-end brands to awesome bargains
- Look out for an ice-cream cart along Orchard Road and order an ice-cream with bread (We used to eat this a lot when we were kids and it still tastes so good!)
- Have dinner at Far East Plaza, there are many halal eateries to choose from - For example, Chinese cuisine at Puncak Best Noodle Halal Muslim Food or Thai cuisine at Nana Thai
Don't forget to pack your sunglasses, an umbrella and apply lots of sunscreen because it's summer every single day in Singapore with random bouts of rain! Now that you've your itinerary all set, it's time to pay our island a visit ?
[iframe seamless="seamless" style="border: none; overflow: hidden;" height="450" width="100%" scrolling="no" src="https://pollbuzz.co/frame/649?type=poll"][/iframe]
P.S. Planning a getaway to Singapore? Visit our website to find out more about top attractions, special deals for selected eateries and nearby prayer spaces!