[UPDATED 27 Nov 2020]
Singaporeans, you will soon be able to use the SingapoRediscovers Vouchers to play tourist in your own country, from 1 Dec 2020 onwards! A few months ago, it was announced that Singaporeans will be getting $100 worth of tourism vouchers
as part of the SingapoRediscovers scheme
. These SingapoRediscovers vouchers will be the perfect chance for you to enjoy more of Singapore and try out new experiences with your loved ones! Here's everything you should know about the SingapoRediscovers Vouchers, including where to redeem them and what you should know.
How to redeem your SingapoRediscovers Vouchers?
Credit: Singapore Tourism Board on Facebook
Through one of the 5 booking platforms and using SingPass
Singaporeans aged 18 and above will receive the $100 SingapoRediscovers vouchers to spend on tourist attractions, hotels and tours from 1 Dec 2020 to 30 Jun 2021. There are over 200 merchants
and Singaporeans can redeem their vouchers with 5 of STB's authorised booking partners - Klook
, Changi Recommends
, Trip.comand Global Tix.
To get the digital vouchers, set up your SingPass account (if you haven't!). You will get the vouchers on your SingPass from 1 Dec 2020, which you can redeem at any one of the
5 authorised booking platforms. All you have to do is book the activities as per normal on the platforms and you'll be prompted to use your SingapoRediscovers Vouchers when checking out.Physical touchpoints
As much as the government encourages all Singaporeans to set up their SingPass, physical touchpoints will be set up across Singapore for people who might need help making their bookings, especially seniors. Physical counters will be set up and there will be at least one redemption point in each public housing estate and around 40 community centres. For those of you who have less digitally-savvy friends, family or seniors, do help them to redeem the vouchers online as far as possible.
Can you combine your SingapoRediscovers Vouchers with others to make a purchase?
No, you won't be able to stack or combine your vouchers with others to make redemptions. This is because the aim of the vouchers is to help the local tourism industry so you're encouraged to spend it at different places.
SingapoRediscovers Vouchers - at a glance
P.S. Planning your staycation in Singapore? Check out these Singapoliday itineraries and promotions!
Credit: Capri by Fraser Changi City
- Singaporeans aged 18 and above in 2020 will receive $100 in vouchers via SingPass from 1 December 2020, valid until 30 June 2021. You can start using them on 1 Dec 2020 and do note that you must use the vouchers and experience your hotel stay/tour/attractionby 30 June 2021.
- The vouchers can be used to offset ticket purchases at all attractions, hotels and tours approved by the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) on this merchant list.
- The vouchers will be digital and come in denominations of $10.
- You can use all the vouchers at one place, up to $100 per transaction.
- No minimum spending is required.
- You can purchase up to 6 subsidised tickets for attractions and tours (up to $10 off per ticket) for those under 18 years old. Do note that they must have familial relations to you. This is on top of the $100 vouchers that you'll already be receiving. (Moms and dads, take note!)
- Permanent Residents are not eligible for the vouchers.
In case you're thinking of how to spend your SingapoRediscovers vouchers, get started with this article: