Travelling from Singapore to Germany under the Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL)
Essential things to know:
1. You'll need to take 4 Covid-19 PCR testsInstead of serving stay-home notice, vaccinated travellers will have to take 4 Covid-19 polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests:
- pre-departure test within 48 hours of flight
- on-arrival test at Changi Airport
- post-arrival tests of days 3 and 7 at a designated clinic in Singapore
2. You can only travel on non-stop dedicated VTL flightsIf you're planning a trip to Germany, do note that you can only travel on non-stop dedicated VTL flights run by Singapore Airlines and Lufthansa. Currently, there are plans to have 7 flights a week or one flight a day from Frankfurt or Munich. Check out the flight schedules on Singapore Airlines.
3. You must have stayed in Germany or Singapore for the last 21 consecutive days before your tripCheck out this step-by-step infographic by CNA for more info:
What's the COVID-19 situation in Germany?
Covid-19 cases in GermanyCurrently, the average number of active Covid-19 cases in Germany are around 3000 to 8000 daily. In Frankfurt, the 7-day moving average of active Covid-19 cases is around 400. In Munich, the 7-day moving is around 666.
Vaccination rate in GermanyAs of 18 August 2021, 48.4 million people in Germany have been fully vaccinated while 52.9 million people have had at least 1 dose. That means that almost 60% of the population have completed the full vaccination regime.
How much will it cost to travel from Singapore to Germany?
Flight pricesBased on our checks on Singapore Airlines' website, round-trip flight tickets from Singapore to Frankfurt cost from about SGD959 to SGD970 in September and October. In November and December, flight prices are around SGD1226. As for Munich, flight prices vary more and can range from SGD959 to SGD1702 in September and October. In November and December, flight prices range from SGD969 to SGD1110.
Covid-19 PCR testThe cost of a Covid-19 PCR test range from about SGD135-200. As you're required to do 4 PCR tests, the maximum amount you can expect to spend is SGD800. Hence, the total cost that you're expected to fork out just for the flight and PCR tests will be around SGD1800 to SGD2000. Do bear in mind that this is not inclusive of accommodation, transport, food and other expenses.
- 10 Borders That Are Opening Their Borders To Vaccinated Travellers
- 8 Places That Might See A Travel Bubble With Singapore
- Phuket Has Safely Reopened To Vaccinated Travellers