Thinking about what you should serve your guests, besides the usual fare of feasts? We're talking about desserts and beverages! If you're looking for simple recipes to serve AND impress your guests this Raya, you've come to the right place!
Not only are these delights a common favourite across generations, they're also easy to make - even for beginners! Save these 4 recipes so you can easily whip them up for your guests this Raya ?
1. Fruity Buko Punch
Bring a twist to your usual cocktail with this Fruity Buko Punch! With colourful fruit cocktail and yummy nata de coco, the kids and sweet tooths are sure to love this refreshing treat!
Makes: 2 pitchers
- 500ml coconut water
- 300g MARIGOLD LADY GENERAL Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 can fruit cocktail
- 210g nata de coco, drained
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher
- Serve with ice!
2. Thai Iced Tea
A common favourite among young and old, you can't go wrong with Thai Iced Tea! Now that you're learning to make it yourself, you'll never have to go out to buy them again ?
Makes: 1 cup
- 1 tbsp Thai black tea
- 1 cup hot boiling water
- 4 tsp MARIGOLD LADY GENERAL Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 tsp MARIGOLD KING OF KINGS Full Cream Evaporated Milk
- 2 tsp sugar
- Steep tea in a cup for 5 minutes with a tea sock
- Remove tea sock
- Add sugar, condensed milk and evaporated milk into tea and mix well
- Serve with ice!
3. Creme Pudding
Here’s a dessert to serve after you’re done with the main dishes! Let your guests indulge in the saccharine sweetness and soft texture of this Creme Pudding! They'll be sure to ask for seconds.
Makes: 3-4 servings
- 385g MARIGOLD LADY GENERAL Full Cream Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 500ml MARIGOLD 100% Fresh Milk
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 8tbsp sugar
- Place sugar in a saucepan on low heat until the sugar caramelises
- Place caramel into base of ramekins and leave to cool
- In a blender, mix condensed milk, milk, eggs and vanilla until smooth
- Pour blended mixture over caramelised ramekins
- Steam for 20 minutes or until a knife placed inside comes out clean
- Leave to cool completely before flipping over and serve chilled!
4. Soy Chai Tea
How about a soothing cup of chai tea to complement your desserts? With a combination of aromatic spices and the robust flavours of English Breakfast tea, you won't need a takeaway from your neighbourhood cafe ?
- 3 cups of water
- 10 whole green cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 5 pieces of cloves
- 2 pieces of cinnamon sticks
- 2-inch fresh ginger, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 4 black tea bags, such as English Breakfast
- 1 1/2 cup of MARIGOLD Soy Milk (Unsweetened)
- Place the water in a small saucepan, and add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and vanilla bean and scrapings.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer until mixture is aromatic, about 15 minutes.
- Whisk in honey, and drop tea bags in pan; turn off heat, and let steep 3 minutes.
- Strain tea through a fine strainer or a coffee filter into a warmed serving pot.
- Heat soy milk in the same saucepan over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes; do not let it come to a boil or it will separate.
- Pour into serving pot with the tea, and stir well to combine. Serve immediately.
So there you have it - 4 easy recipes to impress your guests this Eid! They'll definitely praise you once they've tried these. So show us how your creations turn out - we'd love to know! ?