1. 23 Love Lane, PenangNestled in the heart of Love Lane in George Town, 23 Love Lane is a charming boutique hotel that is worthy of note for its careful heritage restoration. Comprising of several heritage buildings built across the 1800s, the hotel houses 10 rooms that are all unique and eclectic in their own ways. Beautifully decorated with the owner’s private collection of antiques and artwork, you'll be delighted to return to a serene oasis to rest and relax ? Featuring 6 types of rooms with high ceilings, full-length shutter windows, fluffy king-sized beds and spacious bathrooms in addition to basic necessities like television, safe and bottled water, there's something to suit every kind of party - from families and couples to even group of friends. And while you can look forward to the unique charm that each space brings, one thing's for sure: you'll still get a good night's rest no matter which room you're in. Rates: Starts from RM1,431 on AgodaAddress: 23 Lorong Love, 10200 George Town, Penang Contact: +604 262 1323 Website | Facebook | Instagram
2. Ipoh Bali Hotel, PerakHave you been reminiscing about your trips to Bali? Then it's time to make your way to Ipoh Bali Hotel and immerse yourself in all the Bali vibes that the place has to offer. With furnishings and decor consisting of wood and volcanic stones, island colour palettes, and an outdoor garden with koi pond, this is the perfect place to kick back and relax. It's also just a 5-minute drive to Ipoh Old Town. So you know what this means; bean sprouts chicken, egg tart, tau fu fah and more ? With rooms spanning from standard double (2 guests) all the way to family studio site (5 guests), you'll have an easy time choosing which room suits best for your party. Whether that's your family, girlfriends or just you and your partner. Although different in sizes, one thing's for sure: all the rooms are decorated in Balinese-style interiors featuring wood and bamboo touches mixed with contemporary furnishings. P.S.Make the most of your time and drop by these 12 Instagrammable Spots in Ipoh for a fun adventure around the city!Rate: Starts at RM268 per night on AgodaAddress: 12, Lorong Cheah Cheang Lim, 30350 Ipoh, Perak Contact: +605 242 0222 Website | Facebook | Instagram
3. Timez Hotel, MelakaFormerly a pre-war heritage building, Timez Hotel is a now a modern boutique hotel within walking distance to the famous Jonker Walk in Malacca. The white façade of the hotel gives it a clean look, making it stand out from the rest of the shophouses in the area. Timez Hotel boasts of an interesting honeycomb wall structure with a collection of 62 Swatch timepieces in the otherwise minimalistic design of the hotel. It houses 15 individually-designed rooms in accordance with the history of Malacca, hence do expect to be mesmerized by the intricacies of this humble little hotel! The rooms at Timez Hotel are designed with five unique themes in line with the confluence of cultures in Malacca – Portuguese, Dutch, British, Peranakan and Chinese. They all come with comfortable beds, television, complimentary drinking water as well as an espresso machine. So you'll be in for a comfortable stay in Timez! Rates: Starts from RM190 on AgodaAddress: 31 Jalan Hang Kasturi, 75200 Malacca Contact: +606 281 2109 Website | Facebook | Instagram
4. The KL Journal, Kuala Lumpur
5. The Chow Kit Hotel, Kuala LumpurInspired by the bustling character of Chow Kit, a district in Kuala Lumpur known for its traditional markets, nasi kandar eateries, and busy traffic, The Chow Kit - an Ormond Hotel is where you should go for a piece of the action. Just a 5-minute walk from Medan Tuanku monorail station, you'll be surprised to find simplified luxury in this all-new boutique hotel. A hotel that stands tall with 86 rooms and 27 suites, city travellers can definitely sense some old-school subtlety in its well-furnished rooms. If you can splurge on the best room at The Chow Kit, let it be the Towkay Soh Suite. Meaning 'The Boss Lady Suite' in Hokkien dialect, it's the largest suite in the building. You can get cosy in their luxury king-sized bed, lounge at the living area, and wake up to the Kuala Lumpur cityscape thanks to the floor-to-ceiling windows. Bring a book if you like because this suite has a small reading corner too. Rate: Starts at RM250 per night on AgodaAddress: 1012, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Chow Kit, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur Contact: +603 2778 6666 Website | Facebook | Instagram
6. Seven Terraces, PenangAt Seven Terraces, lovebirds will appreciate the Terraced Duplex Suite that is made for two. . Dramatically outfitted with traditional Chinese architecture, staying the night at Seven Terraces is a dream for many. You’ll be blown away by the beautifully quaint rooms that reside within the 19th-century Anglo-Chinese terrace houses. #HHWTTip: Seven Terraces is within walking distance from local attractions such as The Camera Museum, Penang State Museum, and Masjid Kapitan Keling Rate: Starts at RM555 per night on Agoda Address: Stewart Lane, 10200 Georgetown, Penang Contact: +604 261 8888 Website | Facebook | Instagram
7. M Boutique Hotel, PerakOne thing M Boutique Hotel did so well is giving character to this establishment. Status quo is definitely out of the window, offering an eclectic balance of urban, industrial, and in many ways retro atmosphere. Getting hungry? You'd want to check out these Muslim-friendly eateries in Ipoh! The halal breakfast spread is complimentary for hotel guests, so yes, you don't need to take off your pyjamas when you're here ? The rooms are given just as much classic-modern twist as the rest of the hotel is. While it's not the most spacious compared to bigger hotel chains, the charm of the interior design and the friendly service by the staff here are enough to keep any guest happy and satisfied. Rate: Starts at RM128 per night on AgodaAddress: 2, Hala Datuk 5, Kampung Kuchai, 31650 Ipoh Contact: Call +605 255 5566 Website | Facebook | Instagram
8. The Rucksack Caratel, MelakaAnother romantic boutique hotel in Malacca is The Rucksack Caratel. There are actually two properties under the same group – Garden Wing and Jonker Wing, which are situated close to each other but with different designs. One thing’s for sure – both properties are very beautiful ? If you love nature and would very much love to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, do opt for the Garden Wing. Closer to Jonker Walk is the Jonker Wing of The Rucksack Caratel. It is smacked right in the city which makes it convenient to get around by foot. Whether you opt for the Garden Wing or the Jonker Wing for your stay at The Rucksack Caratel, the rooms at both properties come with comfortable beds in addition to the many amenities that you will need for a great stay. Rates: Starts from RM83 per night on AgodaAddress: 107 Jalan Bandar Kaba, 75000 Malacca Contact: +606-292 2107 Website | Facebook | Instagram And there you go - go ahead and start planning your future getaway with your partner at these romantic boutique hotels! Whether it's just a staycation in the city or a quick day trip to a neighbouring state, you and your sweetheart will definitely have a fun time together ?