Spots To Catch The 2023 New Year's Eve Heartland Fireworks
1. Bedok - Bedok ReservoirIt might be tough for residents of Bedok to find an open area to watch fireworks! But after much scavenging through the Internet and Google maps, HHWT has narrowed down somewhere you could possibly catch sight of the fireworks! Although located in Bedok, Bedok Reservoir may provide you with the perfect view of Tampines' 2022 fireworks show! P.S. In the area? Try out these family-friendly activities at Bedok Reservoir!
2. Tampines - Tampines HubThis popular community & lifestyle hub in Tampines is 7-storeys tall and is pretty quiet at night! Although the hub closes before midnight, many students are fond of camping overnight at Tampines Hub to study for their exams. Take advantage of the openness of Tampines Hub and head to one of its higher levels to catch the fireworks! HHWT recommends watching from the 6th level along the running track, away from the joggers that might be there.
3. Bishan - Junction 8Junction 8 Residents of Bishan would know about the grass field next to Junction 8!
4. Yew Tee - Yew Tee Hardcourt & Senja RoadIf you head to Yew Tee Hardcourt, you might be able to catch some fireworks! An area that once held carnivals and celebrations pre-covid, this area is known for being able to see fireworks.
5. Boon Lay - Jurong Central ParkHead over to Boon Lay and lay out a picnic mat at Jurong Central Park! This vast, expansive park has plenty of space for you to meet your loved ones and still be able to avoid the crowd.
6. Geylang - Opposite Wisma GeylangBlock 417, opposite Wisma Geylang, is a tall HDB where you might just be able to catch the fireworks! Head to the 17th floor to enjoy an unobstructed view of the burst of colours this New Year's Eve.
7. Hougang - Hougang Central Bus InterchangeThe best part about this spot is that it's accessible to everyone in the area! This spot has had known sightings of Singapore's NDP and New Year's Eve fireworks, so there's a real chance you might spot it here too.
Credit: Bp Chua on FacebookThis view may also be best viewed from Blk 673 Hougang Avenue 8. If you head to the 11th floor, you’ll get an amazing view of the city skyline and the fireworks!
8. Jurong - Jurong Lake GardensOne of the most picturesque spots for a hike in Singapore is none other than Jurong Lake Gardens.
9. Tiong Bahru - Tiong Bahru ParkAnother spacious open park, this garden area was once the site of countdown parties! While parties may no longer be allowed, we can still usher in the New Year by watching the New Year's fireworks.
Credit: Stephen Leung on FacebookThis park also has a playground so if your kids are bored waiting for the countdown, they can enjoy running around during this exciting celebration. Celebrations with covid can still be exciting. Just remember to practice social distancing and not crowd around ? Share this with your favourite loved ones to celebrate 2022's New Year's Eve with our favourite Fireworks!