We're all looking for a chance to fulfil our wanderlust right now and any news of travelling is just what we need. Besides going for a beach vacation in sandy Phuket, the next best destination to hop on a flight to is The Netherlands! If beautiful canals and the peaceful countryside is what you're looking for, read on to find out whether your country is eligible to travel to The Netherlands right now.
Who can travel to The Netherlands now?
As of July 2021, here's a list of countries that are eligible to travel to The Netherlands without the need for quarantine.
Safe countries/regions outside the EU/Schengen area:
- China (the EU travel ban applies until China lifts entry restrictions on European travellers)
- China’s Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong
- China’s Special Administrative Regions of Macau
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- South Korea
- United States
Safe countries within the EU/Schengen area:
- Czech Republic
- Italy, including Sicily
- Portugal, including the Azores and Madeira (apart from Area Metropolitana de Lisboa)
- Spain: the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands only
All countries and regions that are not listed above are considered high risk. For the latest updates, refer to this list.
The Netherlands' Covid-19 Guidelines
According to the checklist for entering or returning to The Netherlands, these guidelines are applicable for those travelling from a safe country or region:
- No negative Covid-19 test result is required
- No self-quarantine is required
- If you are travelling by air, you must fill in a health declaration form and carry it with you. Some airlines will allow you to complete this health declaration form digitally when you check in.
If you are travelling from high-risk areas (none of the countries above), these requirements are applicable for you:
- EU entry ban is applied. You cannot travel to the European or the Schengen area unless you are travelling for one of these purposes. However, from 1 July onwards, people who have been fully vaccinated can be exempted from the EU entry ban.
- Mandatory quarantine for 10 days
- Negative Covid-19 test result
More than 15 million vaccinations have been given in The Netherlands. You can find out more about The Netherlands' checklist for entering the country here.
What to do in The Netherlands
A trip to the Netherlands would not be complete if you don't make a trip to the beautiful Keukenhof Gardens in the capital city of Amsterdam ? The weather might be a little cooler but sweater weather in Amsterdam has its own charms. The city just seems infinitely more peaceful during the fall. It’s also the best time for you to hang out at cozy cafes, pay a visit to some of the free museums, or check out what’s currently happening with the local scenes! Check out our articles for your visit:
- Amsterdam On A Budget: Your One-stop Guide To Exploring This Gorgeous City
- 10 Amazing Places That Should Be On Your Amsterdam To-Do List
- 7 Attractions To Check Off Your Amsterdam Travel Bucket List
So, will you be the lucky soul that gets to travel to The Netherlands soon? ?