1. Pantai Klebang Sand DunesIf you miss sandboarding in Perth's Lancelin, you can visit Pantai Klebang Sand Dune to reminisce about the good times in Australia! While there is no sandboarding experience in Pantai Klebang, it remains a good place to explore and take snapshots along the way. It's so popular that you're likely to spot wedding photographers on assignment here too.
2. Melaka RiverStroll along the Melaka River, which boasts a promenade that has been beautified thanks to the many murals that decorate the shophouses facing the river. You could even opt to take a river cruise for a fuss-free and leisurely way to observe and take snapshots of the riverside attractions. For a different but no less beautiful view of the riverfront, check out the area at night, when coloured lights cast beautiful purple and blue hues!
3. Ayer Keroh Recreational ForestAre morning walks through lush forests more of your thing? Then make sure to visit the Air Keroh Recreational Forest! Trek along the various trails while soaking in the sights and sounds of the wonderfully diverse plant life and animals that live within the forest. If you're lucky, you may spot a few wildlife friends along the way like a pink-necked green pigeon or this beautiful scarlet minivet!
4. Ayer Keroh LakeTo those who enjoy water sports, Air Keroh Lake is the perfect place to drop by on your Melaka trip. There are plenty of activities here to fill your day with such as sailing, canoeing and fishing. Once you're done having fun in the waters, unwind with a peaceful stroll or set up a picnic to fuel your stomachs. You can also take advantage of the on-site barbecue facilities to cook up a hearty meal while enjoying the scenic surroundings.
5. Beruang Hill Trekking Starting PointUp for a hike that'll give you a panoramic view of Melaka? Then you should definitely be hitting up Beruang Hill Trekking Starting Point. It's a favourite hiking spot among locals and has plenty of trails that cater to all kinds of fitness levels - even for beginners. Depending on which trail you choose, the hike can take anywhere between 30 minutes to 2 hours. So make sure to plan your day accordingly!
6. Skytrex Adventure MelakaThrill-seekers won’t want to miss out on a trip to Skytrex Adventure Melaka. This adventure park is packed with heart-racing activities that’ll have you climbing, crawling, and swinging through a forest. There are different difficulty levels available here, including beginners’ Little Dino (RM70/pax) that’s suitable for kids, intermediate Pahlawan Thrill (RM80/pax), and advanced Extreme Warrior (RM90/pax) where you’ll have to make your way through over 30 gruelling challenges. Take on obstacles such as Bungee Swing and Flying Fox, and an added Skybike available only in the advanced level that lets you ride a bicycle suspended in the air on a tightrope. Add-ons to the packages include gloves (RM10), a bottle holder (RM15), and mineral water (RM4) with free refills. After you’ve completed the obstacle course, you’ll get to bring home a certificate (RM5) as a memento of your adventures at this park. Tickets to SkyTrex Melaka can be purchased online on the website. Address: Jalan Taman Botanikal, 75450 Durian Tunggal, Melaka Opening hours: 9AM-6PM, Daily Telephone: 018-909 5679 Website
7. A'Famosa Safari WonderlandIf you're an animal lover, pay a visit to the A'Famosa Safari Wonderland, located within the A'Famosa Resort. Get up-close and personal to towering giraffes, majestic tigers, elegant flamingos, cheeky monkey squirrels, playful monkeys, and more in this spacious safari-style zoo! Besides being able to marvel at a wide variety of animals, the safari's daily schedule is packed with multi-animal shows, feeding times, and fascinating performances. For those travelling with family (especially if you have kids in tow), this one's an attraction you won't want to miss. Address: A'famosa Resort, Jalan Kemus / Sempang Ampat, 78000 Alor Gajah, Melaka Opening hours: 10am - 5pm (Closed on Tuesday) Contact: 06-552 0888 Website
8. Melaka Submarine MuseumMelaka Submarine Museum is where Ouessant, an actual submarine that was used by the French Navy and Royal Malaysian Navy, is located. The now-retired submarine has been converted into a museum, so visitors can explore the underbellies of the watercraft, navigate its narrow corridors, and see in the flesh how the crew used to work in its small spaces. All the control rooms remain as they were when the submarine was in operation, including sleeping quarters where the submarine’s crew had to catch a wink in bunk beds while underwater. Mannequins in the museum give visitors an inside look into the action that used to happen within its walls too. Tickets: RM6/adult and RM3/child Address: Jalan Klebang, 75200 Melaka Opening hours: 9AM-5.30PM (Mon – Thu), 9AM-6.30PM (Fri – Sun) Contact: 06-282 6526
9. Batrisya Horse Stable & Riding CentreIf sightseeing at Klebang Beach isn’t enough for you, consider riding horses across it by visiting Batrisya Horse Stable & Riding Centre. There are different terrains for you to explore on horseback, including the sand dunes at Klebang Beach and the ocean. Bring along your squad for this team-bonding activity that requires a minimum of three people. You’ll have package options to choose from – Beginner (RM250/pax) for a 20-minute gallop with a guide, or Advanced (RM350/pax) for an hour-long ride. Or choose to ride the horses in their barricaded recreational field for 45 minutes (RM80/pax) instead. Address: Jalan Haji Ishak, Kg Tambak Bugis, Telok Mas, Melaka Opening hours: Sat – Thu 9AM-6PM (Closed on Fridays) Contact: 012-638 5673
10. Malacca Butterfly & Reptile SanctuaryMalacca Butterfly and Reptile Sanctuary is where you can stroll through a scenic garden while a flurry of butterflies flies all around you. Visitors can also find a Koi Garden filled with orange carps, and Secret Garden that has bridges tucked between towering trees, to make you feel as if you’re in a Ghibli movie while strolling through this park. You’ll get to see a variety of reptiles, from snakes to frogs, at the Reptile Sanctuary. 13 other attractions that include a Crocodile Village, Snake Garden, and Tarantula Cave, as well as an Emu Ranch, will keep you entertained too. Tickets: RM22/adult and RM16/child Address: Lebuh Ayer Keroh, 75450 Melaka Opening hours: 8.30AM-5.30PM, Daily Contact: 06-232 0033 Website With these awesome attractions awaiting you in Melaka, it's time to tap into your inner nature and connect with the outdoors on your next trip. For more options, check out these recommended reads:
- 8 Best Things To Do In Melaka For Your Next Road Trip
- 15 Amazing Halal Eateries In Melaka For The Ultimate Foodie Trip