[UPDATED 13th June 2022]If you’re dreaming of your future trip to Singapore once the borders reopen, then you’ll definitely want to include Jewel Changi Airport in your itinerary! 😍 Whether you’re flying or driving into the country, you won’t regret making a stop at the airport to visit this all-in-one mall and attraction. Housing a variety of fun-filled attractions (including the tallest indoor waterfall in the world!) and halal-certified eateries, there’s something to do here for every visitor. Now that it's much safer to visit, it's time to plan your trip with our ultimate Muslim-friendly visitor’s guide to Jewel Changi Airport!Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://bit.ly/3LnFN1FBefore visiting Singapore, take note of the local rules and regulations in regards to Covid-19:
P.S. Not sure what to expect when you're travelling to Singapore after two years? These 6 tips will be handy for your future trip!
- From April 26 2022, there’s no more group size limits and no more requirements for safe distancing both indoors and outdoors.
- What’s even more exciting is that masks have become optional when you’re outdoors. However, the Health Ministry encourages everyone to exercise precaution, so if you’re in crowded outdoor areas, it’s still much better for you to wear a mask. You still, however, need to wear masks when you’re in indoor settings such as taking taxis or public transport.
- You won't even need to use TraceTogether or SafeEntry (Singapore’s version of Malaysia’s MySejahtera App) to check into malls or attractions you’ll be visiting; but that does not mean you should delete the app! Certain places still use the TraceTogether app due to them still maintaining vaccination-differentiated safe management measures (VDS). This includes large events with more than 500 participants at a time, such as large-scale gala dinners, weddings, company dinner and dance events, and conference dinners. VDS will still be needed for food and beverage establishments - including restaurants, coffee shops and hawker centres - as these are mask-off settings regularly frequented by many, including people who may be vulnerable.
- Moreover, Singapore might reactivate them based on the severity of the pandemic situation, and certain vaccinated-differentiated settings such as F&Bs might undergo random vaccination checks. Download the TraceTogether app on the Google Play store and iOS App Store.
- Look out for the SG Clean mark, which is awarded to attractions, eateries, and accommodations that have met the safety and hygiene requirements set by the Singapore government. These include increased cleaning frequency, enforcement of safe distancing measures, and use of contactless entry methods.
How to get to Jewel Changi AirportPublic train:
- Travel to Tanah Merah MRT station, and transfer to the airport-bound line.
- Take the airport-bound train to Changi Airport MRT station and walk to Terminal 3. Walk 5-10 minutes across the link bridge to reach Jewel Changi Airport.
- Do note that Jewel Changi Airport is on the land side of the airport, so if you’re transiting through Changi Airport and want to squeeze in a visit you’ll have to pass through immigration and re-enter via Departures.
- There is also a link bridge from Terminal 2 but the terminal is currently closed until further notice.
- Bus services 24, 27, 34, 36, 53, 110, and 858 travel to Changi Airport Terminal 1’s bus bay.
- Walk to Jewel Changi Airport via the Arrival Hall at level 1 of Terminal 1.
#HHWT Tip: It’s easy to get lost in the fun at Jewel Changi Airport! Make sure to plan your visit accordingly so as not to miss your flight!
- Jewel Changi Airport is a familiar destination for taxi and private-hire drivers, so you can tell your driver to bring you directly there. On private-hire car apps, there are several dedicated drop-off points for Jewel Changi Airport to choose from.
- Do note that there is an airport surcharge starting from SGD3 if you take a taxi. Additional midnight or peak hour surcharges may also apply.
- Allocate enough time to get to the Departure Hall from the Jewel. If you’re travelling by foot, it takes about 5-10 minutes via the Jewel link bridges at the public areas or within the Departure Transit areas.
- Alternatively, you can ride the Skytrain (complimentary service) which runs every 4 minutes with a travel time of 4 minutes.
- Depending on which airline you’re boarding, you’ll be able to do an early check-in.
- By doing so, you won’t have to worry about lugging your baggage around as you visit the different attractions in Jewel.
What to see in Jewel Changi Airport
1. HSBC Rain VortexIf there’s one thing you must see on your future trip to Jewel Changi Airport, it has to be the HSBC Rain Vortex! This 40-metre tall waterfall is the world’s tallest indoor waterfall, and is a great place to just sit and relax. Remember to snap a selfie here as a souvenir of your time in Singapore! Due to safe distancing measures, the nightly Light & Sound show has been suspended until further notice, but the Rain Vortex is still a stunning sight to behold at all hours of the day.2. Shiseido Forest ValleyThe Shiseido Forest Valley surrounds the HSBC Rain Vortex, and is a lush, green area filled with plants. Enjoy a cool stroll through the greenery and enjoy the cool temperature that’s regulated at 23 degrees Celsius. It’s a distinctly different experience from the heat and humidity of Singapore’s outdoor green spaces! Do note that there are steps throughout the Forest Valley, so not all areas are wheelchair or stroller accessible.3. Canopy Park (SG Clean Certified)Another awesome spot to save the next time you’re in Jewel Changi Airport is the Canopy Park, located on the top floor of the complex. Universal Studios Singapore might be the country’s biggest and most well-known theme park but the Canopy Park includes the Discovery Slides, Foggy Bowls, Petal Garden, and Topiary Walk to keep you entertained for hours!The Canopy Park is especially great for families and those travelling with kids, as the little ones can burn off their energy before your flight - and there are lots of Instagram-worthy spots to snap a souvenir photo too! Do remember to travel in small groups when moving through the area, and to maintain at least a 1 metre distance from other groups. Tickets are required for entry so plan ahead and pre-book your tickets before your trip.#HHWT Tip: Large luggage isn’t allowed into the Canopy Park, but you can store your bulky items at the Baggage Storage facility on Level 1. Just remember to pick it up before you head to your flight!Ticket price: SGD5 (Includes access to Discovery Slides, *Foggy Bowls, Petal Garden, and Topiary Walk only)Opening hours: Mon-Thurs; 10AM-10PM, Fri-Sun & PH & PH Eve; 10AM-11PM*From 26 May 2022 to 25 June 2022, Foggy Bowls will be closed at 7pm on every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and SundayThe Canopy Park also includes paid attractions like the Canopy Bridge, Hedge Maze, Mirror Maze, Manulife Sky Nets (Bouncing), and Manulife Sky Nets (Walking). The Manulife Sky Nets are a must-try activity for any visitor to Jewel Changi Airport! Kids can join in the fun too, so long as they meet the minimum height requirement of 110cm and are accompanied by an adult (for kids between 3-12 years old). Separate admission charges apply to each attraction, and pre-booked tickets are required for entry. You can also purchase bundle packages for a more affordable entry price overall. P.S. Do remember to keep your mask on over your nose and mouth at all times while in public! We recommend sanitizing your hands before and after enjoying the attractions too. If you’re travelling with kids, children below the age of 6 are not required to wear a mask.Ticket prices:Canopy Bridge - SGD8Manulife Sky Nets - Bouncing - SGD22 (Adult), SGD16 (Child/Senior)*Manulife Sky Nets - Walking - SGD15 (Adult), SGD10 (Child/Senior)*Hedge Maze - SGD12 (Adult), SGD8 (Child/Senior)*Mirror Maze - SGD15 (Adult), SGD10 (Child/Senior)** Ticket includes admission to Canopy Park, Discovery Slides, Foggy Bowls, Petal Garden, and Topiary Walk. P.S. Since it's the June holidays, Jewel Changi Airport is offering more than 30% off June Holiday Packages which combines all your favourite attractions! Check out this link for more information!
Halal food in Jewel Changi AirportAfter getting your adrenaline up at the Canopy Park’s attractions, you can look forward to a wide selection of local and international halal fare in Jewel Changi Airport’s eateries 😋 Here are some of the must-try eateries to check out in Jewel Changi Airport on your future adventure in Singapore! 1. Jinjja ChickenTreat yourself to a hearty meal the next time you’re in Jewel Changi Airport with a taste of halal Korean dishes at Jinjja Chicken! This casual K-chicken chain is located next to the HSBC Rain Vortex for a scenic view as you eat, and its menu includes everything from crispy fried chicken to savoury jajjangmyeon (black bean noodles).Halal status: Halal-certifiedOpening hours: Sun-Thurs; 11AM-9.30PM, Fri-Sat; 11AM-10PMAddress: 78 Airport Boulevard, Jewel Changi Airport #B1-247, Singapore 819666Contact: Call +65 62149817Website | Facebook | Instagram2. Saap Saap ThaiFast, affordable, and delicious - Saap Saap Thai’s halal Thai classics are a great way to recharge the next time you’re in Jewel Changi Airport! Satisfy your cravings with their Signature Australian Beef Boat Noodles, Thai Crispy Chicken Noodle, and “Kra-Pao” Basil Crispy Chicken With Rice. The Jewel Changi Airport outlet even has special dishes like Wings & Drummettes!Halal status: Halal-certifiedOpening hours: Open daily; 10.30AM - 9.30PMAddress: 78 Airport Boulevard, Jewel Changi Airport #B1-299, Singapore 819666Website | Facebook | Instagram3. So PhoCredit: SO PHO on FacebookRefuel for your day of excitement at Jewel Changi Airport with a yummy meal at So Pho. Their halal Vietnamese dishes include classics like Beef Pho Noodle Soup, Bun Cha Noodles, and refreshing Summer Rolls filled with prawns and soft-shelled crab. If you’re not planning on having a full meal yet, indulge in some Soda Chanh made with soda, lime, and sugar syrup, or Vietnamese coffee for that sorely-needed caffeine boost.Halal status: Halal-certifiedOpening hours: Open daily; 10AM - 10PMAddress: 78 Airport Boulevard, Jewel Changi Airport #B1-248, Singapore 819666Reservations: Call +65 62813882Website | Facebook4. SubwayIf you’re looking for a quick-fix meal, Subway’s there for you. Customize your own sandwich at this popular chain restaurant, or pick from flavours like Steak & Cheese, Cold Cut Trio, and Chicken Teriyaki. As Subway is a kiosk located in the basement of Jewel Changi Airport, do remember to maintain 1 metre distance from other patrons when queuing for your food.Halal status: Halal-certifiedOpening hours: Open daily; 10AM - 10PMAddress: 78 Airport Boulevard, Jewel Changi Airport #B2-223, Singapore 819666Website | FacebookP.S. Need more options? We got you covered with the ultimate halal food guide at Jewel Changi Airport!
Where to shop in Jewel Changi AirportApart from fun-filled attractions and international halal fare, Jewel Changi Airport is a shopper’s paradise too! There are plenty of shops selling Singaporean-themed trinkets that are perfect for a souvenir to bring back home - and of course, the Pokemon Centre!1. Pokemon CentreFor future visits to Jewel Changi Airport, include a stop at the Pokemon Centre! The Centre is Asia’s first permanent Pokemon Center outside of Japan. Browsing the shelves will make you feel like you’re back in Tokyo. Stock up on Pokemon games, unique travel-themed plushies, and merchandise you can’t get anywhere else. It’s the perfect place to pick up a souvenir for the Pokemon fanatic in your life!Opening hours: Sun-Thurs; 11AM-9PM, Fri-Sat & PH Eve; 10AM-10PMLocation: 78 Airport Boulevard, Jewel Changi Airport #04-201/202, Singapore 8196662. NikeWhile Nike is hardly new to Singapore, the outlet in Jewel Changi Airport happens to be the largest one in Southeast Asia! This duplex store boasts an extensive range of products, offering various athletic and leisure footwear, apparel and accessories to shop from. You also get the chance to do customisations at the Nike By You counter located on the second floor. Available for T-shirt printing, shoelace sets, patches and more, this Nike store is a must-visit for any fan of the iconic brand.Opening hours: Sun-Thurs; 11AM-9PM, Fri-Sat & PH Eve; 10AM-10PMLocation: 78 Airport Boulevard, Jewel Changi Airport #02-232/233, Singapore 819666
Where to stay in Jewel Changi Airport1. YOTELAIRYOTELAir is an airport hotel chain that is already present at a number of other international airports including Jewel Changi Airport. The hotel offers flexible accommodation options that are perfect for any type of visitors, with minimum stays starting from four hours. Choose from rooms, or cabins - as they are called - for two people (Premium Queen) or four people (Family Room). Both rooms come equipped with a toilet, shower, smart bed and WiFi for the ultimate comfortable stay. It’s the perfect place to unwind after a day’s worth of adventure - so make sure to bookmark it for your next trip to Jewel Changi Airport! Rate: Starts from SGD128 per night Website | Instagram2. Crowne Plaza Changi AirportNamed the world’s best airport hotel, Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is another awesome place for an amazing stay! With various rooms ranging from Premier Rooms and Deluxe Rooms to Suites, you’ll be able to find the perfect space that’ll accommodate you and your loved ones. For something extra special, their Family Escapade package includes a 2-hour Changi Airport & Jewel tour and bicycle rental at GoCycling at Hub & Spoke for 2 Adults and 1 Child. On top of that, you can choose between their Pool Terrace room which has direct access to a private patio and their resort-style pool or the Deluxe room with views of Jewel Changi Airport! Sounds awesome? Then don’t forget to keep Crowne Plaza Changi Airport in mind on your future trip to Jewel Changi Airport. Rate: Starts from SGD330 per night Website | Facebook | Instagram
Special events to check out at Jewel Changi AirportCredit: Jewel Changi Airport1. BT21 comes to Jewel Changi AirportBT21 has dynamite experiences for you
to take part in with them at Singapore's very own Jewel Changi Airport
! The first thing you might notice as you walk inis the giant inflatable BT21 guardian space robot, VAN, at the Shiseido Forest Valley! The inflatable robot is 4.5 metres tall and lights up at night, so you definitely can't miss it. Drop by to take photos with VAN, or head to the interactive galactic
floor right below it for an interactive, musical experience: the floor changes colours when you step on it! And with VAN standing atop a boombox, it's the perfect chance to bop to some BTS tunes and immerse yourself in the BT21 universe. And yes, you have permissiont
Jewel Changi Airport's famous Glamping in the Clouds is now decked with BT21-themed decoration
😍 Now you can enjoy a night under the stars with all your favourite BT21 characters 🥰 Each BT21-themed tent is able to fit a group of 4, and the glamping package comes with 2 exclusively designed BT21 t-shirts
, tickets to selected Jewel attractions and many picture-perfect Instagram opportunities. Don't forget to head to level 5 of Canopy Park to meet your favourite BT21 characters! You could also opt to bask in Shiseido Forest Valley's beauty with the Light & Sound show at the HSBC Rain Vortex. True to the BT21 theme, the area will be lit up with K-pop inspired display of light and upbeat music from 26 May to 17 July 2022. 2. Silent movie screenings
Jewel will be screening silent movies at the Foggy Bowl on the 5th floor from 26 May to 25 June from Thursday to Sunday nights. Each screening will have dedicated seating pods and personal headsets for maximum privacy and enjoyment! Click here
for more information!
With this handy guide to Jewel Changi Airport, you’re already one step closer to having an awesome holiday! Welcome back to Singapore!This article is brought to you by the Singapore Tourism Board.Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://bit.ly/3LnFN1F