1. Keep an eye out for cheap flightsCredit: Visit Maldives It may be tricky to book a flight to the Maldives during the everchanging pandemic, but now is a good opportunity to do your research and keep an eye out for cheap flights, so you can save up ahead of your honeymoon. Since the Maldives is so close to Southeast Asia, it’s easy to find flight rates that suit your vacation budget. Before the pandemic, the average rate for a full-service return flight was less than USD500 on carriers such as Silkair and Singapore Airlines via Singapore’s Changi Airport. AirAsia also operated direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to Malé from just USD300 during the off-peakseason. We recommend using these estimated rates to plan ahead! In light of the pandemic, most airlines also offer flexible fare or flexi flights that lets you change the date and time of your flight, so make sure to look out for this added benefit when booking your flight! #HHWT Tip: To get alerts for the best flight rates, use Skyscanner or Google Flights!
2. Choose a romantic accommodation that caters to your travel needsCredit: Have Halal, Will Travel It’s natural to daydream about a romantic getaway in the Maldives as this destination is famous for its beach villas, overwater villas and underwater accommodations that are perfect for honeymooners! The Maldives also has a one-island-one-resort concept where each island has only one resort so honeymooners are guaranteed with complete privacy and seclusion. Here’s a quick guide on choosing the right accommodation for your honeymoon! Credit: Pullman Maldives Maamutaa
- Overwater villas: Ideal for luxury honeymooners, most overwater villas have a private pool, sundeck and endless watersports activities. Rates around USD600-USD900 per night.
- Beach villas: Perfect for beach lovers, most beach villas have a private deck, modern amenities and direct access to the beach. Rates around USD450-USD600 per night.
- Treehouse accommodation: For a unique getaway, these treehouses areperched on stilts among the treetops and boast the best seaview from the balcony. Rates around USD600-USD800 per night.
- Hotels: Check into a mid-range or luxury hotel equipped with modern amenities. Rates around USD350-USD487 per night.
- Liveaboards: Suitable for scuba divers, a liveaboard allows travellers to spend the night aboard a boat for direct access to the crystal clear water. Rates around USD185-USD240 per night.
- Guesthouse: A great way to immerse in the local culture, spot amazing guesthouses on local islands that offer modern amenities and watersports packages. Rates around USD 100-USD300 per night.