For Malaysian readers excited to travel but worried about making plans during these unprecedented times, Malaysia Airlines
has just the thing for you. You can enjoy traveling stress-free across domestic destinations in Malaysia with MHflypass, so you can purchase flight tickets at a fixed price.
Whether it’s for leisure or business trips, family vacations or to “balik kampung”, the flying pass lets you plan three return trips to any domestic destination for all-year round travel dates (no blackout dates!) in 2021 and beyond! If you’re thinking of getting one but don’t know where to go or if it’s worth buying, HHWT is here to help. We’ve gathered all its perks below including a comparison of flight ticket prices so you don’t have to ?
Malaysia Airlines Introduces MHflypassCredit: Malaysia Airlines
Choose where to spend your holidays in MalaysiaWith the recent developments in Covid-19’s Omicron variant, you might be thinking of playing it safe and opting for interstate travel. Don’t let this minor setback stop you from discovering many new places with the MHflypass! With the flying pass, you’re able to hop on the next flight to domestic destinations in Malaysia. We’ve gathered a short list of ideal destinations for you to travel by air to below:
1. LangkawiSince welcoming fully vaccinated tourists in September, Langkawi has been a hot spot for a rejuvenating vacation. If you’re thinking about having a beach getaway, why not pick a stay at one of the breathtaking resorts on the island while exploring historical attractions, diving experiences, and more. Heading to the island by land might be limited to booking via a tour agency right now, but with the MHflypass, you’re able to hop on a flight to enjoy your vacation free and easy! Locations you can fly from to get to Langkawi using the flying pass include Kuala Lumpur, Kuching, Sandakan, Tawau, and more.
2. Kota KinabaluWe can’t forget visiting Malaysia without taking in the sights and sounds of Kota Kinabalu. Known for its bustling markets and beaches, the capital of Sabah is also home to the 4,095m-high Mount Kinabalu. For those seeking adventure and thrill apart from hiking up the majestic mountain, have your outdoor vacation trip in the beautiful state while snorkelling in offshore islands like Gaya Island and Manukan Island! Visiting Sabah is also a must with its abundant beaches, rainforests, coral reefs, and wildlife while immersing yourself in cultural experiences.
3. PenangDid you know that Penang is home to multiple world record-breaking sites? Known for its British colonial buildings, shophouses, and scenic beauty, Penang is also included as a destination in the MHflypass! With affordable boutique and heritage hotels, it will be a trip you don’t want to miss. Beach lovers may want to visit the beautiful Pulau Jerejak for a day in the sun, while adventure seekers can conquer the world’s highest-altitude Stressed Ribbon bridge or ESCAPE Theme Park’s rides that include the world’s longest water park slide!
4. Johor Bahru, Kuching, Kuala Terengganu and moreThere are plenty of other destinations included in the MHflypass, including the Peninsular Malaysia states like Kuala Terengganu, Kota Bharu, Alor Setar, or Kuching in the east of Malaysia’s Sarawak. Before purchasing your flying pass so soon, check out the three zones you can buy below.
Travel with the MHflypass by three zones The MHflypass is categorised into three different zones to best suit your travel itinerary based on your departure location and destination. Check out the zones and their prices below!
Zone 1If you’re looking to explore beautiful sights in Pulau Sibu of Johor, pick Zone 1. At RM699, the flying pass lets you travel point-to-point within Sabah and Sarawak, as well as from Kuala Lumpur to Peninsular Malaysia and vice versa:
- Fly to/from Kuala Lumpur – Alor Setar, Johor Bahru, Kota Bharu, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Langkawi, and Penang.
- Fly to/from Kota Kinabalu – Kuching, Sandakan, Tawau.
- Fly to/from Kuching – Kota Kinabalu, Miri.
Zone 2For those seeking the thrill of adventure in the outdoors, Zone 2 lets you visit the scenic Kota Kinabalu from Kuala Lumpur. At RM1399, Zone 2 allows travelers to fly between destinations in Sabah and Sarawak to Kuala Lumpur and vice versa, as well as fly between the destinations in Peninsular Malaysia through Kuala Lumpur.
- Fly to/from Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Bintulu, Labuan, Miri, Sandakan, Sibu and Tawau – Kuala Lumpur.
- Fly to/from Alor Setar, Langkawi and Penang – Johor Bahru, Kota Bharu, Kuala Terengganu and Kuantan.
- Fly to/from Johor Bahru – Alor Setar, Kota Bharu, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Langkawi and Penang.
- Fly to/from Kota Bharu, Kuala Terengganu and Kuantan – Alor Setar, Johor Bahru, Langkawi and Penang.
Zone 3Visit the stunning islands in Peninsular Malaysia from Kuala Terengganu to Penang! At RM1599, Zone 3 allows you to fly between destinations in Sabah and Sarawak to Peninsular Malaysia through Kuala Lumpur.
- Fly to/from Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Bintulu, Labuan, and Miri – Alor Setar, Johor Bahru, Kota Bahru, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Langkawi and Penang.
- Fly to/from Sandakan, Sibu, and Tawau – Alor Setar, Johor Bahru, Kota Bahru, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Langkawi and Penang.
- Fly to/from Alor Setar, Johor Bahru, Kota Bahru, Kuala Terengganu, Kuantan, Langkawi and Penang – Bintulu, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Labuan, Miri, Sandakan, Sibu and Tawau.
Is the MHflypass worth it?If you’re wondering if the MHflypass is worth it, we say yes! The MHflypass has six quotas in total, with one quota being used for each flight you purchase. This allows you to purchase up to three return trips with every flying pass! To take frequent visits to your favourite destinations from Kuala Lumpur, we take a look at how much flight tickets cost:From Kuala Lumpur to LangkawiZone 1 MHflypass (three return trips): RM699If you’re thinking of escaping to Langkawi whenever you’d like with the Zone 1 MHflypass, you’ll be saving up to 48% on your tickets for three return flights! We'll say that it's definitely worth taking multiple vacations to unwind with your loved ones in Langkawi with the flying pass! ?From Kuala Lumpur to Kota KinabaluZone 2 MHflypass (three return trips): RM1399For those who are looking to enjoy the scenic outdoor beauty from Kota Kinabalu on their holidays, the average cost of one return trip is at least RM900. By making use of the MHflypass for three return trips to the destination, you’ll be able to save up to 33%, as compared to purchasing three regular flight tickets! Extra Perks: Each MHflypass includes unlimited free-of-charge date change (subject to seat availability), priority boarding, check-in and baggage drop, as well as extra check-in baggage allowance of 35kg. On a regular flight, modifying your trip schedule will be subject to fare differences and you might also risk the cost of cancelling your trip. With the MHflypass, you’ll be able to change your flight date for free subject to seat availability. We’d say that instead of paying more, why not have it included for every trip you’ll be taking? It’ll definitely help in saving the costs for all your vacations in total ? That’s not all, you’ll get to enjoy standard seat selection, complimentary snacks or meals and beverages and earn up to1599 Enrich Points!
How to use the MHflypassYou will require an Enrich account to purchase an MHflypass. For more information on how to use the MHflypass, click here. Can’t wait to go on a holiday already? Have your family trips settled for the year or ensure you’re all set for your “balik kampung” visit next year with the MHflypass and make the most out of your long-awaited trip! Don’t forget to share this with your friends and family ?MHflypassBuy now! Find more information here.This article is brought to you by Malaysia Airlines.