Kranji Reservoir Park
Sungei Buloh Wetland ReserveAfterwards, we headed over to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve, Singapore’s first ASEAN Heritage Park. It’s an ecological haven with mangrove forests, mudflats and ponds that are rich in biodiversity.
Jurong Frog FarmJust when we thought the kids were tired out, they immediately recharged when we told them our next destination was Jurong Frog Farm. Established in the 1970s for the breeding of American bullfrogs, the farm was originally located in Jurong and only moved to its current location in 1993. One of the reasons that the frogs are actually farmed for their cosmetic purposes. The farm has partnered with a local biotechnology company to produce skincare products.
Hay Dairies Goat FarmOff to our next stop - Hay Dairies Goat Farm! It was our first time heading to a goat farm as well so we were looking forward to feeding and petting the goats. I was definitely more excited to see goats than frogs ?The farm has been around for over 20 years. The first batch of goats imported from the US was a mix of Alpine, Nubian, Toggenburg and Saanen goats. Today, there are more than 800 goats of mixed breeds.
Kranji MarshesBesides the attractions covered in the half-day Kranji Countryside tour, there were other spots worth visiting in the area too, such as Kranji Marshes! It’s one of the largest freshwater marshes in Singapore, with a rich array of flora and fauna. The Kranji Marshes and Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve are important habitats for the conservation of biodiversity in the Kranji area. There are over 170 species of birds, 54 species of butterflies and 33 species of dragonflies here!
Halal food at Kranji Countryside - 555 Halal ThaiBy now, we were getting hungry and the best part was that 555 Halal Thai Restaurant at Gallop Kranji Farm Resort is conveniently located next to the entrance of Kranji Marshes! After a fun and tiring day, there was no better way to end the trip than by having our favourite cuisine - Thai food.
Tips for visiting Kranji Countryside with your kids
- Don't forget sunblock, mosquito-repellent, sun hats, an extra set of clothes (especially for the kids), a stroller, bottles of drinking water and snacks.
- The attractions are also quite far apart from one another, so if you do not have your own vehicle, it is advisable to book a tour package where the tour van will pick you up from a more convenient location and ferry you around from place to place.
Tours to explore Kranji CountrysideTo help you out with planning your day in Kranji Countryside, Klook is the perfect platformas it has a number of tours which include the places that we went to. Here are some tours that are perfect to do with kids!
- Half Day Farm Tour in Bollywood Veggies, Hay Dairies Goat Farm and Kok Fah Technology Farm
- Singapore Farms Day Tour
- Agriculture and Fish Farming Sustainability Tour at Jalan Lekar
- That They May Live On - Kranji War Memorial Tour
- Edible Farm Tour + Workshop & DIY Planting Kits