Thailand launches the Samui Plus programme
If you've been thinking of having a beach vacation overseas, Starting from 15 July 2021, the ‘Samui Plus’ programme covers specific areas and routes in Surat Thani province’s three islands of Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan and Ko Tao.
Who is eligible to travel to Ko Samui?The Samui Plus programme is open to fully vaccinated tourists from the following countries:
What are the travel requirements in the Samui Plus programme?You may visit the islands if you are travelling from the countries listed above. Tourists travelling under the Samui Plus programme must:
- be fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by either the World Health Organisation (WHO) or Thailand's Ministry of Public Health (MoPH)
- have received a negative Covid-19 test by the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) method within 72 hours before the travel date
- have medical insurance with Covid-19 treatment coverage of at least US$100,000
- obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE)
What can I do in the Samui Plus programme?The entire duration of the Samui Plus programme would consist of 14 days. However, the length of stay can be decided by the traveller and relevant documents must be shown in the COE. According to the length of stay, PCR tests will be conducted. The Samui Plus programme:
- DAY 0: WAITING: The first RT-PCR test will be conducted at the ‘Samui Extra Plus’ hotel, and the traveller must wait in their room for the result.
- DAY 1-3 Chilling at the hotel: After receiving a negative test result, travellers can then relax and use services in the area that the ‘Samui Extra Plus’ hotel has allocated.
- DAY 4-7 Sealed Route: Travellers can travel in the districts of Ko Samui according to the specified route and travel programme.
- DAY 6 or 7: The second RT-PCR test will be conducted at the ‘Samui Extra Plus’ hotel.
- DAY 8-14 Relaxation: Travellers must stay at an ‘SHA Plus’ hotel, and after receiving a negative test result, can travel within Ko Samui, Ko Pha-ngan and Ko Tao with a follow-up with the specified IT system.
- DAY 12 or 13, The third RT-PCR test will be conducted at the approved hospital.
- 4D3N in Surat Thani & Koh Samui: The Ultimate Muslim-Friendly Itinerary
- 14 Muslim-Friendly Snacks From Thailand That Are Perfect As Souvenirs
- Your Ultimate Guide To Southeast Asia’s Best Beach Getaways