There's always something to look forward to when it comes to Singapore's halal food scene
. From halal cafes
to hawker food
and more, there are just so many yummy halal options in Singapore. In the latest halal food news, hipster coffee shop Kedai Kopi
has announced that it'll be opening its second outlet at Geylang Serai - Kedai Kopi 2! This comes after Kedai Kopi's Clementi outlet
opened in December 2020.
Kedai Kopi's second outlet at Geylang SeraiCredit: Kedai Kopi on Facebook
Kedai Kopi 2 recently posted a sneak preview of its new outlet at Haig Road on Facebook and it definitely looks like a cool hangout spot. Though this outlet will be smaller than its Clementi outlet, the 168-seater space will have 9 stalls and it'll be located just beside Darul Arqam Singapore. Owned by the popular tenderfresh group, they have teamed up with Kimly Coffeeshop (one of the largest traditional coffee shop operators in Singapore) for the Haig Road outlet as well.
Dishes at Kedai Kopi 2
For the uninitiated, all of Kedai Kopi's stalls at its Clementi outlet are halal, Muslim-owned or pending halal certification. And you can expect the same at Kedai Kopi 2 as well. Here are some dishes you can look forward to:
Credit: MaLa MaMa on Facebook
- Mala Tang (mala soup) with a special peppercorn-based both and signature sauce from MaLa MaMa
- Pasar malam snacks (goreng pisang, keropok lekor, keledek goreng) from NENDA'S FRITTERS
- Salted Egg Butter Crab from RASA SEDAP SEAFOOD
- Mee Bagus (halal version of bak chor mee or minced meat noodles) from Mee Bagus
- CRAVE Nasi Lemak & Teh Tarik
- Crispy Oyster Omelette, Seafood Hokkien Mee and Char Kway Teow with Chinese sausage at HAWKERMAN Street Kitchen
- Fried roasted and spring chicken from Tenderbest
- Bandung Grenade (Giant Bandung Yakult), colourful roasted oolong tea from TOKO NGOPI
- Hand-stretched pizzas from PASTA PIZZA
If you're staying in the East, soon you won't have to travel all the way to Clementi to hang out at Kedai Kopi! SHARE this with your loved ones and start planning your outing for when restrictions ease!
All tenants will be required to be 100% Muslim-owned, or approved for halal-certification by MUIS.
12 Haig Road #01-01, Singapore 430012