While Malaysians are persevering through MCO 3.0 in Malaysia, you might have some work-related questions like how to apply for MITI approval letter for MCO 3.0
? If you're looking for more clarity on this MCO 3.0 guideline, here are some things to know!
Do I need to apply for MITI approval letter for MCO 3.0 in Malaysia?
As part of the latest MCO 3.0 regulations in Malaysia (1-14 June 2021), all businesses and industries that are listed under the essential economic sectors must apply for an approval letter from MITI (Ministry of International Trade And Industry) to operate during MCO 3.0.
What are the essential sectors and services that are allowed to operate during MCO 3.0 in Malaysia?
According to Malaysia's National Security Council
, here's a full list of essential economic sectors and services that are allowed to operate during MCO 3.0 in Malaysia (last updated on 1 June 2021).
- Food and beverage services including for animals
- Healthcare and medical services including animal clinics and veterinary
- Security, defense and social welfare
- Waste management and public sanitation services
- Land, air and water transport
- Docks, airports and transport related to cargo and commodities
- Communications including media, telecommunications, internet services, postal and courier services, and broadcasting
- Banks, insurance, takaful and capital markets
- Community credit (pawnshops)
- E-commerce and information technology
- Fuel and lubricants
- Hotels and travel accommodations for quarantine, isolation, and essential services (leisure travel is not allowed)
- Construction, maintenance and critical infrastructure works
- Forestry (strictly for management)
How to apply for MITI approval letter for MCO 3.0 in Malaysia?
Credit: Ministry of International Trade and Industry, Malaysia
- Visit the Ministry of International Trade And Industry's official website (miti.gov.my) and click on CIMS 3.0 - MCO Registration For Business Operation.
- Once you've logged in to CIMS 3.0 (https://notification.miti.gov.my), click on Borang Notifikasi (Notification Form)
- Go to Notifikasi Beroperasi (Notification for Operation)
- Go to Papar (Show)
- Click Cetak Surat to print your MITI approval letter
We hope this article will answer some of the questions you might have about how to apply for MITI approval letter for MCO 3.0 in Malaysia
! For the latest updates, click here to read more things you need to know about MCO 3.0 in Malaysia