Hari Raya 2022 was definitely an extremely exciting one! Celebrations were back to normal after 2 years of social distancing. But the festivities aren’t over yet: we celebrate Hari Raya for the entire month of Syawal in Singapore, which means there are going to be so many more exciting gatherings yet to come! So if you’re looking to kick it up a notch and treat your guests to delicious food this Raya, you’ve come to the right place. HHWT’s partnered with Meta to bring these 10 home-based businesses to you for Raya: so you can support a small business owner and their loved ones while still dazzling your guests with mouth-watering feasts. ? Our #MonthofGood shouldn’t just stop with Ramadan!
P.S. Our Hello Ramadan 2023 website is now LIVE! Check it out and sign up to enjoy exclusive content and rewards for members!
Home-Based Businesses For Hari Raya
1. Fifteensg Credit: Courtesy of FifteensgRaya just isn’t Raya without its tasty treats, and boy do we have the treats for you! ? Fifteensg’s halal artisanal bakes are filled to the brim with flavours. I mean, just look at their donuts ? There’s no way you don’t crave a bite full of fluffy, Maple Berry stuffed donuts or melt-in-your-mouth Sea Salt Chocolate Cookies. ?✨P.S. Did you know they’re the first halal store in SG to sell Roasted Jalapeno & Cheddar donuts? Coated in their homemade seasoning and topped with cheddar cheese & parsley, they’re pretty much irresistible. ?Now all you had to do is drop Fifteensg a message on their WhatsApp at +65 8753 5165 to pre-order your dose of Nutella Donut Bombs, Valrhona Malt Cookies and more! FifteensgHalal Status: Muslim-OwnedInstagram | Order on WhatsApp
2. Teh Tarik Shus BroCredit: Courtesy of Teh Tarik Shus BroTeh Tarik Shus Bro is a home-based business that caters creamy and flavourful Mama Teh Tarik! With options ranging from 3 litres (15 cups) to 19 litres (100 cups), you don’t need to worry about holding back. Perfect for when you have family and friends over too! ? Enjoyed both hot and cold with just the right amount of sweetness, Teh Tarik Shus Bro’s definitely our choice for Hari Raya!P.S. They also serve Cold Teh Tarik In A Pouch if you’d like to carry your drink around with you during Jalan Raya ?Sounds enticing? We don’t blame you. What could be better than ice cold (or hot, your preference!) teh tarik to quench your thirst after a long day of hosting and visiting? ? Drop them a message on WhatsApp to order some!Teh Tarik Shus BroHalal Status: Muslim-OwnedInstagram | Order on WhatsApp
3. Happiness In A BoxCredit: Happiness In A Box on InstagramFans of Sushi Bakes, hands up! ?♀️ Ramadan might be over, but the theme of sharing and caring definitely still lives on through Syawal. Let’s carry on the Ramadan spirit as the #MonthofGood ! So if you’re looking to bless your guests’ tastebuds with savoury foods, why not share an entire tray of Sushi Bake with them? ?Happiness In A Box is a home-based business with some of Singapore’s best Sushi Bakes ($20) and Rice Bowls ($10). They’ve got over 15 flavours of these delightful twists on our ever-favourite Japanese cuisine. Pick from Salmon Mentaiko,Kani Mayo, Unagi and more! ?The best part? You don't have to head down to their store for a taste - just DM them on Instagram to order their tantalising bakes and bowls ?Happiness In A Box Halal Status: Muslim-OwnedOrder on Instagram
4. KM Shellout N ThaiCredit: KM Shellout N ThaiA must-have at least once every Hari Raya: shellout! For groups of 5-8 pax, KM Shellout N Thai’s Small & Medium Tubs include flower crabs, mussels, clams, prawns, squids and more! Not to mention a wide variety of fresh seafood, vegetables and mantou soaked in your choice of one of 7 sauces: Chilli Crab, Black Pepper, Creamy Garlic Cheese, Salted Egg, Lemak Cili Padi, Creamy Tom Yum and Lemon Butter ? So if your Raya gathering include a whole lot of seafood lovers, you have to try KM Shellout N Thai. Just drop them a message on WhatsApp for your dose of savoury seafood! ?KM Shellout N ThaiHalal Status: Muslim-OwnedInstagram | Order on WhatsApp
5. Strictly Thai Credit: Strictly Thai on InstagramThis home-based business was inspired by the tasty Khanom Jeen Nam Ya, a delicious curry dish made of minced fish and coconut milk. As one of the most popular dishes in Thailand, Strictly Thai aims to bring its flavours and tastes to Singapore with their carefully curated menu!For Raya this year, you might want to opt for Strictly Thai’s delicious 5-20 pax sets ? Depending on your tastes, choose between the Thai Dry Laksa Set, Thai Basil Chicken Set,Whole Setamed Sea Bass w Lime And Garlic Set or the Mixed Set! ? Delicious and filling, be sure to order enough from Strictly Thai for your Raya gathering ?Drop them a chat on their WhatsApp contact to order! Strictly Thai Halal Status: Muslim-Owned Instagram | Order on WhatsApp
6. Killa Krab SG - IG Credit: killakrabsg on InstagramWho could resist the soft, delicate tastes of crab soaked in sweet and savoury sauces? Not us! ?And Killa Krab has just the crabs to cater to our crabby cravings. Specialising in hand-picked, quality crabs, Killa Krab’s killer crab sets are perfect for your Raya gathering feast. Pick from The Gloria ($25), The Manny ($25)or The Dunphys ($75) (check out that Modern Family reference!) depending on the size of your gathering and your preferred tastes! P.S. Their special Chilli Crab Sauce is out of this world - you have to give it a try. Whether by ordering their sets of crabs or their sauces by themselves! ?Be sure to keep a look out for their next order on Instagram!Killa Krab SG Halal Status: Muslim-OwnedOrder On Instagram
7. Yummy BitzCredit: Yummy Bitz on InstagramWhat’s Raya without its Nutella Tarts? ?Sweet, crumbly and filled with chocolatey goodness, Yummy Bitz’s Nutella Rolls, Tarts and Biscoff Cheesecakes are the perfect addition to your kueh Raya spread! Taking our #MonthofGood beyond Ramadan comes with a pretty sweet deal this way ?The best part? Their Nutella Tarts have a larger Nutella to crust ratio, so you can enjoy more of the flavourful, nutty spread in every bite. Although, that’s not to say the crust should be forgotten! The thin, buttery crust is the perfect, crumbly texture and presents as the best accompaniment to the chocolate melt-in-your-mouth spread. Addictive is an understatement!Yummy BitzHalal Status: Muslim-OwnedOrder On Instagram
8. Mama's Lil BakeryCredit: mamalilbakery on InstagramSpeaking of sweet treats, Mama’s Lil Bakery’s goodies level up the Kueh Raya game! Complete your kueh Raya spread with meringues, cookies and even Tapak Kuda - they’ll impress your guests in no time ?Ordering’s really easy, too. All you have to do is head to their Instagram and click on the link in bio to order your sweet Raya treats!Mama’s Lil BakeryHalal Status: Muslim-OwnedOrder On Instagram
9. Sweet Tasya Credit: Sweet Tasya on InstagramWhat’s carrying on the Ramadan spirit through life without sharing good things? ? Cause these fudgy, cakey bites are a must-share! Dense, moist and gooey, Sweet Tasya’s brownies will leave your Raya guests craving for more. The best part? They’re topped with assorted toppings like Hershey’s, Cadbury and Oreo bites of chocolate and cookies for that extra texture and burst of flavour! Don’t miss out, order your batch of dense, flavourful brownies on Sweet Tasya’s Instagram for Raya this year! Sweet TasyaHalal Status: Muslim-OwnedOrder On Instagram
10. Sugar DressCredit: Sugardress_sg on InstagramRaya goodies come in all forms. And every Hari Raya, we look forward to the mouthfuls of Raya kuehs, cakes and cookies that come with the celebration! But amongst all the more trendy bites of brownies, macaroons and cookies, sometimes we might crave a little more of the flavours from our roots: and Sugar Dress serves just that ?Blending modern tastes with traditional, enjoy mouth-watering bites like Ondeh Ondeh Cake and freshly baked Marble Cake Loaves! Of course, Sugar Dress does not stop there. Indulge in old-school Singaporean flavours like the Horlick Cakes, Bread Pudding and more ?You can complete your Raya spread with Sugar Dress by dropping them a message on WhatsApp at +65 9111 3374!Sugar DressHalal Status: Muslim-OwnedInstagram | Order on WhatsApp (+65 9111 3374)Ramadan might be over but we should continue to strive to live in the spirit of our #MonthofGood! And that’s why we partnered with Meta to bring you these amazing platters, feasts and goodies ? By supporting home based businesses for Raya, we’re providing for a family’s means, jobs, and more! Besides, homemade goods, bakes and dishes just hit different ?