As Muslims, we are taught to be generous, be charitable and help our neighbours. When better to do so than during the most precious time of the year? ✨ When we give to those who’ve never given to us for the sake of Allah, it is never in vain. Every struggle, every good deed are counted and compensated for in the akhirah, inshaAllah.“Those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.” (Quran 2:261)Let’s make the most of our Ramadan, where good deeds are multiplied ? Lend a helping hand, offer alms and exchange smiles with everyone we meet to spread the goodness of sadaqah. To help you get started, these are some of the causes in Malaysia and Singapore that you could be part of to help alleviate the sufferings of those less fortunate.Credit: Giphy
1. Ramadhan Project by Feeding The NeedyCredit: Feeding The Needy (FTN) on FacebookOrganised by Feeding The Needy (FTN) Malaysia, the group aims to provide food to the many who are homeless this Ramadan. The group needs volunteers and donations in order to keep the hundreds on the streets from going to sleep hungry. Operating right in the heart of KL (off Jalan TAR behind Suria Wholesaler), FTN will head to Petaling Street to give out the food packs in the area. Join them this Ramadan and help spread warmth and kindness to the less fortunate. ?To volunteer on Thursday nights, sign up on their Facebook page.To contribute to the fund that will help feed the needy in KL, donate on Launchgood.
2. Projek Baju Raya by Projek PelangiCredit: Projek PelangiOrganised by Projek Pelangi, Projek Baju Raya 2018 aims to make and sell 15,000 baju raya to be given to orphanages and children from asnaf communities all over Malaysia. If you’re a concerned citizen with RM100 to spare, then they need you! Buy one baju raya on their website and you would have made one child happy. Let’s make their Raya a memorable one by giving these children brand new outfits! ?To buy a baju raya for a child, visit Projek Pelangi.
3. Ramadhan Food Pack for Mental Illness Patients by 1Moment4ThemCredit: @1moment4them on InstagramFounded by Fatiha Shuib in 2015, 1Moment4Them is a youth humanitarian movement that focuses on providing education and basic needs for the poor, the stateless and the less fortunate. This Ramadan, contribute to their funds and help serve mental illness patients at Tanjung Rambutan, Hospital Selayang and UKM Medical Centre food packs for iftar and dinner. Help spread mental health awareness and relieve the mental health patients off their stigma this Ramadan. ❤️To contribute a minimum of RM10 to 1Moment4Them Solutions, donate online to 1Moment4Them Solutions, (CIMB Bank MY- 8603078986)
4. Kongsi Rezeki ProjectCredit: Kongsi Rezeki on FacebookThe Kongsi Rezeki Project needs your help to provide rice and iftar meals for orphanages and the less fortunate in Klang Valley. A 5kg bag of rice costs RM13.00. Give sadaqah in the amount of bags of rice you’d like to gift to those in need. Kongsi Rezeki Project are also looking for sponsors for an iftar event on June 3rd for 50 children at an orphanage in Bangi, Selangor. Donation collection ends on June 9th, 9pm.To donate to the Kongsi Rezeki Project, visit their Facebook page. To volunteer with them, call Salleh (012-522 3404), Alang (014-5171 509) or Enida (019-397 4316).
5. Buka Puasa Potluck Special by Street Feeders of KLCredit: Street Feeders KL on FacebookThe Street Feeders of KL is introducing a new concept in the Malaysian spirit of open houses. This potluck is a chance for you to have iftar with the less fortunate living on the streets of KL on May 26th at RUANG by Think City. Bring Halal food to share with everyone. This special event aims to foster relationships and conversations with them. ?To register for the potluck, visit their Facebook page.
6. Ramadan Food Packs Worldwide by Islamic Relief MalaysiaCredit: Islamic Relief Malaysia on FacebookRamadan Food Packs 2018 is a seasonal program conducted by Islamic Relief Malaysia to provide basic food aid to people struggling with food poverty this Ramadan. This year, the target is to distribute 24,600 food packs to 123,000 beneficiaries across 30 countries including Afghanistan, Albania, Bangladesh, Bosnia, Chad, Chechnya, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Kosovo, Lebanon, Malawi, Mali, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Pakistan, Palestine (Gaza & West Bank), Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, Yemen and Zimbabwe. As we enjoy the blessings of Ramadan, let’s help the less fortunate who are desperate to feed their families. ❤️To help provide food packs this Ramadan, sign up on Islamic Relief Malaysia’s website.
7. Ramadan Iftar Sponsorship by BAPA ReliefVolunteer with the BAPA Organisation and distribute food packs to the poor and needy families in Singapore. This Ramadan, BAPA needs your support to sponsor iftar meals for fasting families from as low as $20 (per family). Each food pack contains rice, main dish and side dish, fruits and dessert which will be delivered to their doorstep. Make a difference and ease the burden of our Muslim neighbours. ?To find out ways to donate and volunteer, visit their Facebook page.
8. Iftar and Sahur Sponsorship by Global Ehsan ReliefCredit: Global Ehsan Relief on Facebook
Share your blessings this Ramadan and lend a helping hand to millions of less fortunate around the world. No amount of donation is too small or too large. With 4 Ehsan Ramadan packages to choose from, Global Ehsan Relief hopes to relieve the burden of those who are struggling in Middle East and Africa, Asia, widows, orphanages and refugees in more than 10 countries. Be part of their efforts and give the less fortunate a fulfilling iftar and sahur this Ramadan.
To find out how you can help, visit their Facebook
9. Meals-On-Wheels Programme by TOUCH HomecareCredit: TOUCH Community Services on FacebookMeals-On-Wheels (MOW) is a subsidised meal delivery programme to feed homebound seniors and the disabled community who are unable to buy or prepare their own meals. Cooking up a variety of healthy dishes, MOW needs donations and volunteers to fund the distribution of food twice daily, 7 days a week. There's also a delivery of Halal lunches from Mondays to Fridays made possible by their partnering agencies. ?To find out how you can volunteer or donate to Meals-On-Wheels, call +65 6804 6565 or email [email protected]
10. Gift-A-Kurung Project by The Gift CommunityCredit: The Gift Community on Facebook
Founded in 2018, The Gift Community (TGC) aims to reach out to the underprivileged. Focusing on spreading the spirit of gifting, TGC wants you to contribute your pre-loved baju kurung
to their Gift-A-Kurung project which gives the gift a personal touch. This Ramadan, TGC hopes to collect 1,500 baju kurungs
to be distributed to the less fortunate.
To find out how you can volunteer or make a donation, visit The Gift Community
Credit: Giphy“The first person who benefits from an act of charity is the benefactor himself; by seeing the changes in himself and in his manners, by finding peace, by watching a smile form on the lips of another person.”Before we know it, Ramadan has come to pass. So be sure to do as much as we can in this precious month and gain fulfilling experiences at the same time ? With fervor and sincerity, let’s spread the sadaqah today!
[iframe seamless="seamless" style="border: none; overflow: hidden;" height="450" width="100%" scrolling="no" src="https://pollbuzz.co/frame/2288?type=poll"][/iframe]