Now that restrictions have eased and we’re allowed to explore the sights and sounds of Singapore again, it’s time to spend your weekend visiting one of the country's most vibrant neighbourhoods, Kampong Gelam! Brimming with delicious halal food, street art and heritage spots, there are plenty of things to discover beyond the iconic Masjid Sultan and colourful Haji Lane. If you’re excited to uncover the hidden gems of Kampong Gelam, download our Have You Met Kampong Gelam self-guided walking trail to get started!
Explore Singapore’s heritage neighbourhood with Have You Met Kampong Gelam Trail!Available for FREE on iOS and Android, download our specially-curated, self-guided Have You Met Kampong Gelam
trail from the IPLUS Locomole app. You can discover things to eat, see and shop in this exciting neighbourhood, which includes a heritage bookstore, an Instagram-worthy outdoor gallery, amazing halal eateries - and that’s not all!
How to download Have You Met Kampong Gelam trail
Visit our selected merchants on Have You Met Kampong Gelam trail to unlock special surprises just for you! It includes amazing experiences and workshops, secret menus as well as fun games and challenges that are exclusive to our trail on the app! Here’s a sneak peek of the attractive discounts and secret menus you can claim from our trail.
- Download IPLUS Locomole app (iOSor Android) to access our our FREE Have You Met Kampong Gelam trail
- Scroll through Recommended and click on Have You Met Kampong Gelam trail
- Have fun and explore the trail at your own pace!
Featured merchants on Have You Met Kampong Gelam trail
1. Koh NangkamCraving for authentic halal Southern Thai dishes? Treat your family and friends at Koh Nangkam! Fill your table with Koh Nangkam Massaman Beef, Clear Tom Yum, Steamed Sea Bass and more yummy dishes.If you love discounts, claim a FREE voucher to enjoy $5 off on all Sea Bass Family Set Meals! To impress your loved ones, ask the staff for their secret menu to enjoy Yam Khai Sep (Crispy Chicken Salad) worth $10!
2. The Min ListThe Min List has made it easy for Singaporean Muslimahs to shop for halal, vegan and organic beauty products. Whether you’re looking for foundation primer or organic shampoo, head over to this local store to stock up your beauty essentials. Since there are many halal beauty products to choose from, claim a FREE coupon to enjoy 10% off storewide or redeem a free Ayn Skin JetPack (worth $18.90). Perfect for gifts, you also can create a self-care box and fill it up with essential oil candles, organic botanical mist, dry shampoo, and more for just $49!
3. OzelSingapore’s homegrown brand, Ozel is a great place to experience a newfound appreciation for unique batik pieces. Featuring colourful signature and rare-to-find batik fabrics, join their batik workshops where you can make your own tote bags and patchworks! To learn how batik is made, claim a FREE coupon to enjoy $5 off for the Batik Tulis Workshop - and that’s not all! You can also redeem a FREE Ozel Batik Tulis Experience, a 15-minute introduction to the history of batik, how it is made and the meaning behind different batik motifs (advance reservation is required) as well as 10% off for any apparel in store.
4. FatpapasPerfect for a weekend treat, make your way to Fatpapas for delicious halal burgers, ribs and shakes! Shroom Melt Burger, Country Fried Steak, and Ten Dollar Milkshakes are some of their crowd-favourites, so don’t miss out on it. If you need a thirst quencher, claim a FREE coupon to enjoy one free float with every purchase of a Speciality Burger! Exclusively for HHWT, ask the staff for their secret menu and make your Instagram followers jealous by savouring a Texas Chainsaw Burger (worth $22++).
5. Wakuwaku YakinikuGather your loved ones for a round of Japanese yakiniku BBQ at Wakuwaku Yakiniku! Helmed by a Japanese chef, Singapore’s first halal yakiniku restaurant serves beef tongue, jo-karubi (boneless short rib), and grilled teriyaki salmon. Claim a FREE coupon to redeem free Shabu-Shabu salad with every order of a Premium Beef Platter! Exclusively for HHWT, you can turn the heat up by enjoying Mala Ramen Set with Peach Iced Tea (worth $16++).
How to redeem FREE coupons and vouchers from Have You Met Kampong Gelam TrailWhat’s great about exploring our Have You Met Kampong Gelam trail is these amazing discounts and secret menus are exclusive to our trail on the IPLUS Locomole app! We show you four easy ways to redeem it. Whether you’re excited to join a Batik Tulis workshop at Ozel or unlocking a secret burger at Fatpapas, there are many exclusive discounts and secret menus that await you in our Kampong Gelam trail. Rem
trail ember to download the IPLUS Locomole ap
p on iOS
, and explore our FREE self-guided Have You Met Kampong Gelam
today! For more things to do in Kampong Gelam, check out Visit Kampong Gelam's website
or stay updated on their Facebook