1. Bukku Cafe'Bukku' means book in Japanese, a name befitting of this lovely cafe tucked away in Bandar Bukit Raja. With a large bookshelf lined up on one side and cosy vibes complete with wooden furniture, plants and comfy nooks, this is an absolute dream for avid readers! Though their indoor seating might be limited, they have an outdoor dining area in their backyard, with more furniture and plant decors - perfect for that #ootd shot! Some of their best-sellers are the portobello, salted egg yolk croissant and hazelnut latte. The coffee beans are brewed in-house too! If you're looking for a peaceful hangout session with your partner or close friend, be sure to head over to Bukku Cafe! Halal status: All ingredients are sourced from halal-certified suppliers Opening hours: Tue-Sun; 10.30AM-5PM (closed on Mon) Address: No.1, Jalan Singgahsana 4A/KU5, Bandar Bukit Raja, 41050 Klang, Selangor, Malaysia Contact: +6012-567 7392 Facebook | Instagram
2. CroisserieCroisserie is where you want to be for the weekend if you're feeling the nostalgia of Japan creeping up on you. Featuring smooth concrete, natural woods and a touch of green decor, it's the perfect picture for sipping on a latte and letting your stress melt away for the weekend. Plus, they've got all sorts of yummy bakes - from chouxalacream to canale and quiche. Note: Croisserie Plaza Damansara is under renovation till 30th September. During renovation, Croisserie will be located upstairs at O’Coffee Club Atelier Cafe with limited supplies. Halal status: All meats and ingredients are sourced from halal-certified suppliers Opening hours: Open daily; 8AM-8PM Address: No. 14, Jalan Medan Setia 2, Plaza Damansara, Kuala Lumpur Contact: +603-2011 3727 / +6012-564 4154 Website| Facebook | Instagram
3. Mykori Dessert CafeWith over 80 outlets across Malaysia, make your way to Mykori Dessert Cafe where yummy treats await! Have a go at their croissant taiyaki, which comes with different sweet and savoury fillings like red bean as well as chicken slice and cheese. Then try their famous Japanese shaved ice dessert named Kakigori. We recommend trying the Mount Fuji Kakigori where the yogurt shaved ice is topped with fresh strawberry, mango and almond. Halal status: Halal-certified Opening hours: Mon-Fri; 2PM-11PM, Sat-Sun; 1PM-11PM Address: 6A, Jalan SS 2/66, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Contact: +6018-281 4508 Website | Facebook | Instagram
4. KakiyukiSpecialising in Japanese shaved ice, Kakiyuki is the place to be if you're trying to beat the notorious Malaysian heat or looking for a place to kick back and relax with friends while savouring delicious desserts. Take in its bright and airy space that's not just great for a chill session, but also an excellent spot to snap all your foodie photos! Besides shaved ice, you've also got to try other desserts like Nama Daifuku, Monaka ice cream sandwich, custard pudding, roll cakes and more. If you can't decide what to try, then go for their dessert set - an assortment of handpicked Wagashi and Yogashi desserts! With different sweet treats included, you'll get a variety of taste which is perfect for sharing between a group of two or even three. Halal status: Uses halal ingredients. No pork, lard or alcohol is used or served - they are in the midst of getting their halal certification. Outlet details: Check out their website for a list of outlets and respective opening hoursWebsite | Facebook | Instagram
5. Sunbather CoffeeIf there's one place you should be heading to for anything Japanese-inspired, it's got to be Sunbather Coffee. Located at The Sphere in Bangsar South, this charming cafe featuring sleek wooden furniture and spacious dining area is a great place if you're visiting with a large group of people. Not only is the cafe suited for larger groups but it also caters to those with huge appetites! Offering deliciously thick sandwiches, go ahead and order yourself one of their famous Sando-Sando, a Maple Peanut Chicken or Ajitsuke Tamago Sando. For something a little lighter, then their Shokupan Japanese Toast (available from 3pm till late) that comes in different spreads and toppings should hit the spot just nicely. Halal status: Uses halal ingredients. No pork, lard or alcohol is used or served - they are in the midst of getting their halal certification.Opening hours: Sun-Thu; 10AM-10PM, Fri-Sat; 10AM-10.30PM Address: UG-12, Upper Ground, The Sphere, 8, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South City 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Contact: +603-2242 3118Facebook | Instagram Without having to buy a flight ticket, transport yourself to Japan right here in the city by making your way to these lovely cafes ?