1. HAP Desserts & ToastIf you're looking for a place to enjoy delectable desserts, look no further than HAP Toast & Desserts. As the name implies, the cafe serves all sorts of breakfast menu items and sweets that will satisfy your cravings for all things sweet and savoury. From Souffle Pancakes and Shibuya Toasts to Japanese style kakigori (shaved ice), you'll definitely have no complaints about the food ?! Halal status: Ingredients sourced from halal-certified suppliers and no pork or alcohol is used in their cooking. Opening hours: Open daily, 9AM-10.30PM Address: 9, Lebuh Nanning, George Town, 10400 George Town, Penang. Contact: +6012-387 9378 Facebook | Instagram
2. The WarungLocated on Lebuh Victoria, The Warung is a cool and quaint cafe that serves amazing coffee as well as some sweet and savoury waffles. An excellent hangout spot for those of you who are more creatively inclined or are looking for a place that serves something light to munch on, their signature fruit waffles are a must-try. Served with fresh fruits and a scoop of Haagen-Dazs ice cream, the waffles are also lovingly drizzled with either chocolate or strawberry sauce and dusted with cookie crumbles - making them a treat to eat ?️ Halal status: Ingredients sourced from halal-certified suppliers and no pork or alcohol is used in their cooking. Opening hours: Open daily, 9AM-6PM Address: 145, Lebuh Victoria, George Town, 10300 George Town, Penang. Contact: 04-226 0123 Website | Facebook | Instagram
3. Inherit Taste PatisserieInherit Taste Patisserie is on one of the latest desserts joints in Penang that has gained a lot of attention on social media. With their wide range of eye-catching and colourful desserts, you can't help but want to snap photos of them for the 'gram before even properly digging in! Inherit Taste Patisserie is also one of those cafes that don't really have a set menu - so be on the lookout for some of their seasonal speciality items like the Durian Mousse, Lemon Cheese and Nyonya Kaya Milk crepe cakes ? Halal status: Ingredients sourced from halal-certified suppliers and no pork or alcohol is used in their cooking. Opening hours: Thu-Mon; 12PM-10PM (closed on Wednesday) Address: 16, Jalan Imigresen, 10400 George Town, Penang. Contact: +6019-766 6869 Facebook | Instagram
4. Joies Sourdough CafeLocated in the Pulau Tikus area, Joies Sourdough Cafe is a meat-free cafe that is best known for not using any sugars or artificial flavourings for their impressive range of artisanal bread. A great spot for breakfast or light meals, the food served here are cooked upon order - ensuring that you’ll be able to enjoy your meal in their freshest state ? Halal status: Ingredients sourced from halal-certified suppliers and no alcohol is used in their cooking. Opening hours: Fri-Wed; 8AM-9PM (closed on Thursday) Address: 1st floor, 32, Jalan Moulmein, Pulau Tikus, 10350 George Town, Penang. Contact: 04-2260479 Website | Facebook | Instagram
5. Brown Pocket CafeWith a cosy ambience and a stunning view overlooking George Town's skyline, Brown Pocket claims to be Penang's waffle connoisseur and we certainly can't argue with that! Using dough instead of batter and a pearl sugar topping to caramelise the waffle, it's a perfect blend of crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. We think that alone is enough to convince us to order every waffle (and pancakes) they make in a day. Brown Pocket also offers a duet set for those who can't decide whether to have waffles or pancakes. Every serving comes with their signature waffles, pancakes, topping of choice, and ice cream. Halal status: Uses ingredients sourced from halal-certified suppliers Opening hours: Open daily; 10.30AM-6.30PM Address: 163D-6-11 Gurney Paragon, Persiaran Gurney, Penang. Contact: +604-370 5035 Facebook | Instagram
6. The Table PenangThe Table Penang is a small but cosy cafe that's got more than just great coffee. Scrumptious western meals, awesome drinks and more importantly awesome desserts - The Table Penang has it all ? Since it only opens from 6pm onwards, this is a perfect place to drop by for dinner, followed by coffee and desserts. Halal status: Muslim-owned Opening hours: Fri-Wed; 6PM-12AM (closed on Thur) Address: 27, Lebuh Carnarvon, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang Contact: +6012-385 3892 Website | Facebook | Instagram
7. Urban Green CabinServing a selection of light bites such as cakes and pastries, Urban Green Cabin is the perfect spot to grab a cup of coffee, enjoy catching up with friends and if you’re feeling particularly inspired, trying your hand at making your very own terrarium ? Halal status:Ingredients sourced from halal-certified suppliers and no pork or alcohol is used in their cooking. Opening hours:Open daily; 9AM-6PM (closed on Wednesday) Address:156, Lebuh Victoria, George Town, 10300 George Town, Penang Contact:+6012-423 7147Facebook | Instagram With all these mouthwatering desserts ready to delight your taste buds, your next trip to Penang is going to get a whole lot sweeter!